-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, that was Gus's idea (see previous posts). I don't mean to try and take credit for it. I didn't figure out that aliens were responsible for robot sex dolls that look like humans and have artificial intelligence. Gus did. I'm not trying to take credit for his genius, I'm merely reveling in its profundity.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't ever see carbon based/DNA life ever being able to travel the necessary time/distance needed to reach earth.

Unmanned crafts, sure, but not DNA life forms. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I also don't think intelligence is the benchmark for long term survival

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't ever see carbon based/DNA life ever being able to travel the necessary time/distance needed to reach earth.

Unmanned crafts, sure, but not DNA life forms. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

That kinda travel can't be of traditional mechanical means. It would have to be some sort of time/dimensional travel, if/when it could ever happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Q traveled through space and time without a ship on star trek Of he may not have been human..

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That kinda travel can't be of traditional mechanical means. It would have to be some sort of time/dimensional travel, if/when it could ever happen.

Which is for sci-fi movies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

craft we have today...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
150 years ago nobody would have believed in space travel, TVs, cell phones, microwaves, etc. Hard to say what kind of tech the future will bring. AI will reshape the world at some point, for better or worse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let hope they keep three laws:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Let hope they keep three laws:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

I agree, but a simple change in code...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It doesn't *have* to be extraterrestrials. It could be our descendants.

Why come my descendants didn't tell me to invest in Microsoft?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Klaatu barada nikto."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True AI was found to write its own code to communicate with other AI code. They shut it down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
True AI was found to write its own code to communicate with other AI code. They shut it down.

That's the scary schit!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntinaz
What if, the aliens created robot sex machines in the form of humans, as a means of population control, and everyone was just like "let's screw these robots for fun!?!?"

What if aliens created humans as sex machines? After all one of Art Bell's favorites said aliens bred humans to lust for and collect gold. Said the aliens needed it to fix their atmosphere or something.

No doubt AI will take over and be our computer overlord until some alien comes by and gives the computer a conundrum and it fries itself. Must be so, I saw it on Star Trek.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Well space travel has to be expensive right? So say you have 10 hours of darkness to spend on urth and then you have to go home. Are you gonna go tell some ancestor what stock to invest in or are you gonna probe some anus and burn some cattle?

No brainer for me. Game on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Updated 3 laws.

An A.I. system must be subject to the full gamut of laws that apply to its human operator.
An A.I. system must clearly disclose that it is not human.
An A.I. system cannot retain or disclose confidential information without explicit approval from the source of that information.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Well space travel has to be expensive right? So say you have 10 hours of darkness to spend on urth and then you have to go home. Are you gonna go tell some ancestor what stock to invest in or are you gonna probe some anus and burn some cattle?

No brainer for me. Game on.

Holy fugg that's funny!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Updated 3 laws.

An A.I. system must be subject to the full gamut of laws that apply to its human operator.
An A.I. system must clearly disclose that it is not human.
An A.I. system cannot retain or disclose confidential information without explicit approval from the source of that information.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
What if, the aliens created robot sex machines in the form of humans, as a means of population control, and everyone was just like "let's screw these robots for fun!?!?"

What if aliens created humans as sex machines? After all one of Art Bell's favorites said aliens bred humans to lust for and collect gold. Said the aliens needed it to fix their atmosphere or something.

No doubt AI will take over and be our computer overlord until some alien comes by and gives the computer a conundrum and it fries itself. Must be so, I saw it on Star Trek.

No doubt. I just find it unnecessarily salacious that before the AI takes over the world, it’s gonna make every human on urth have sex with it first. So cunning.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,570
Posts18,491,864
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.