Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Our latest Airedale, Sam, is 13 mos old and 92lbs. His “protective “ trait is really developing. He is crazy about my wife, and fun to watch herd her around while walking him. Once twilight he will sit on porch front legs straight out and rear on deck. He watches. Real absence of barking. Only barks when necessary or just prior to strike. Teeth like a barracuda and jaws like an alligator. But very loving...if that makes sense. And he is a clown!

That sounds like a good dog, how are they to train? stubborn, strong willed? terriers can be a handful

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I wish I could get my "Missy" back from the late 70s early 80s. She was a cross between a very special one of a kind Shelty butch and another very special one of a kind Queensland heeler male. Over the years we got three litters from those two, but none of the pups ever compared to the little sable I picked from the first litter. Cows or pheasant, she did not care. She would work till she dropped with either.

I also have a special place in my heart for a good redbone hound. What a heart they have. But I can not put one to use properly.
I intend to spend my retirement years with a nice pair of Golden Retrievers, yet to be aquired.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our latest Airedale, Sam, is 13 mos old and 92lbs. His “protective “ trait is really developing. He is crazy about my wife, and fun to watch herd her around while walking him. Once twilight he will sit on porch front legs straight out and rear on deck. He watches. Real absence of barking. Only barks when necessary or just prior to strike. Teeth like a barracuda and jaws like an alligator. But very loving...if that makes sense. And he is a clown!

gkt5450

Great that Sam is doing so well.

You wouldn't happen to know of any Airedale breeders that still have hunting lines going, would you?

I have a breeder nearby, but there dogs are a number of generations from hunting stock.

Thanks,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once twilight he will sit on porch front legs straight out and rear on deck. He watches.

Sort of like this...?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Exactly like that! I bought Sam from Joe’s Airedales in Oklahoma. There is a breeder in Texas Panhandle. Muleshoe Tx if I remember correctly. Bought our first female from a breeder in McIntosh, NM. She’s real different(breeder not dog). I’ve not heard anything from her in years.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the breeder info, I'll check online.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Siberian husky.

Ever own a Husky? Very smart, but hard headed, sneaky, and shed basketball sized hair balls. smile

Yes you got that right.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Shikoku

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.