Print Thread
Hop To
Page 219 of 1,068 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 1067 1068
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow 'Fire Folks;
Hopefully all is well with you all wherever on the globe this finds you.

We're seeing the sun for a change once again today, but the unusually cold weather for this time of year has returned once again with the sun.

Before going any further I just want to thank one and all for participating in one of the finer threads in quite a good long while - by this Canuck's estimation anyway. So a sincere thanks.

When it snapped cold at the start of February we had a couple days of this which is relatively rare here. This is the top of the driveway.
[Linked Image]

Dunno why I can't get these spun normal ways, but they steadfastly refuse my admittedly limited technical skills. Ah for the old days, eh???

Rural mailboxes
[Linked Image]

Good stuff, at least I'm consistent this afternoon.

My best friend and longtime hunting and used to be fishing partner dragged me back into fishing after a 15 year break more or less. He caught these through the ice in a lake north of here on our first outing.
[Linked Image]

We caught these at a local lake yesterday.
[Linked Image]

Well that one was right way up, again I am mystified at exactly what to do. Anyway the larger perch is 9.5" which is a personal best for me and not too, too bad for around here. The Rainbows and sole Brookie are all legal stocking by the Ministry and the perch are illegal stockings by local fruitcakes. As was the 12" Coi we saw ghost past us a couple times!

Anyway as you can see I'm having an awful time adjusting to being back out on the ice. Buddy said I was the very model of abject despair... wink
[Linked Image]

Had an older than me guy knock on our tent and ask us what we were using, etc because nobody else was catching. I asked buddy, "How do you think he knew we were catching?" He replied, "I'm pretty sure the tent doesn't contain your laughter Dwayne!" blush

Anyway after too many hours of this.
[Linked Image]

The driveway again is passable so we can get most of the rigs in and out instead of only the AWD and 4X4 variety.

We'll continue on in another post, it would appear my limit has been reached, sideways photos and all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie!............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow 'Fire Folks - 2.0:
I was going to mention that I'm cognizant our local fish wouldn't work as bait for a lot of the offerings posted here, but it's a look at what we Canucks do in winter I suppose.

With the apologies that these are reposts on my part, here's some BC views. Girls on top of Mt. Revelstoke to the north of us.
[Linked Image]

Suspension bridge at the top of the gondola at Squamish.
[Linked Image]

Hell's Gate on the Fraser - they say 200,000,000 gallons of water a minute when it's cooking... lots anyways.
[Linked Image]

Long ago shot of our girls and a buddy's daughter on a 1930's restored wood boat in Cowichan.
[Linked Image]

Back south of Revelstoke now, canoeing on Arrow Lake.
[Linked Image]

Smuggler's Cove up the Sunshine Coast.
[Linked Image]

Well that's it for now, thanks for looking and if anyone can explain to this semi-aged canine how to right my previous hoar frost photos I'd be obliged.

All the best to you all and lets hope for spring to hasten it's way to us all.

Dwayne

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Fellow 'Fire Folks - 2.0:
I was going to mention that I'm cognizant our local fish wouldn't work as bait for a lot of the offerings posted here, but it's a look at what we Canucks do in winter I suppose.

With the apologies that these are reposts on my part, here's some BC views. Girls on top of Mt. Revelstoke to the north of us.
[Linked Image]

Suspension bridge at the top of the gondola at Squamish.
[Linked Image]

Hell's Gate on the Fraser - they say 200,000,000 gallons of water a minute when it's cooking... lots anyways.
[Linked Image]

Long ago shot of our girls and a buddy's daughter on a 1930's restored wood boat in Cowichan.
[Linked Image]

Back south of Revelstoke now, canoeing on Arrow Lake.
[Linked Image]

Smuggler's Cove up the Sunshine Coast.
[Linked Image]

Well that's it for now, thanks for looking and if anyone can explain to this semi-aged canine how to right my previous hoar frost photos I'd be obliged.

All the best to you all and lets hope for spring to hasten it's way to us all.

Dwayne

Cool pictures. I love Squamish!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Boys and girls, we have been treated to an astounding run of top notch photography of absolutely breathtaking scenery on this thread. My hat is off to the contributors. I only wish y'all had given more info on the locations. Now I can only wonder....

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!............

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oooopsie.... another (3) point!!! Haha
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I will take that as a win. Poor sugar tits.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fredrica,

You GOTTA always take what's handed down to you,if only because you cannot "do" for yourself. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hell...maybe even some day,someone will give you a camera,so you can have your first...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!

Ooopsie!..........

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm still amazed there's caribou in Alaska!!! Wtf???

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie!............

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hook
Boys and girls, we have been treated to an astounding run of top notch photography of absolutely breathtaking scenery on this thread. My hat is off to the contributors. I only wish y'all had given more info on the locations. Now I can only wonder....

Hook;
Good afternoon - or evening as the case may be - to you sir, I will hope that you're not mired in snow or cold down in your area.

Indeed I too appreciate the labels and hints as to the photos, as personally we're amassing a bucket list of spots to see in retirement. grin

A few BC water falls - Nairn Falls which is north of Whistler and south of Pemberton.
[Linked Image]

Nice little falls on Blanket Creek which is south of Revelstoke - wonderful family campsite if one is in the area.
[Linked Image]

One of the many fine falls to see in Wells Gray Park up north of Kamloops. Again really nice place to camp and decent fishing on Clearwater Lake if you bring a boat.
[Linked Image]

This one is Helmken Falls - again in Wells Gray Park.
[Linked Image]

Another one from Wells Gray - sorry can't recall the name right now.
[Linked Image]

See if this fits - this is Howe Sound from the top of the gondola at Squamish - we like Squamish too!
[Linked Image]

Well have to head out to the kids' place for dinner now. Son in law is a grand cook and am looking forward to it.

We'll check back in later - all the best to you all and thanks to all contributors once again.

Dwayne

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie!...........

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice work!!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Oh my how easy some get butt hurt here.

Who's that?

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/18/19. Reason: Still wonder WTF +P.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 219 of 1,068 1 2 217 218 219 220 221 1067 1068

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.