J
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Will not be buying benchmade.

Never again....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Maybe guns confiscated from various violent offenses, murders etc. that can not be sold at auction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like Benchmade just stepped on their Dick's.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bet that wouldn't happin at Buck...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the Oregon City Police facebook page:

Oregon City Police

Good evening,

We understand some of our followers are upset with Benchmade knives because of a recent post we put out. The post did not give everyone the full story on why the guns were required to be destroyed.

We receive guns that are turned in from community members that they no longer want the guns and want them destroyed. We also have guns that are evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed.

These guns were required to be destroyed. We reached out to Benchmade to do us a favor at our request. Benchmade is a strong supporter of law enforcement and the Oregon City community. We were present when the guns were cut and we took them for final destruction.

We apologize for not informing everyone on the initial post. Benchmade is an excellent company and we urge everyone that had said they no longer support Benchmade to reconsider once they have all the information. Again, we apologize for not informing everyone with our recent post.

Respectfully,

Chief Jim Band and Mayor Dan Holladay

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
BM just fell on their own knife. Hope it was a sharp one

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
found this
https://m.facebook.com/ocpolice/
Good evening,
We understand some of our followers are upset with Benchmade knives because of a recent post we put out. The post did not give everyone the full story
on why the guns were required to be destroyed.
We receive guns that are turned in from community members that they no longer want the guns and want them destroyed. We also have guns that are
evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed.
These guns were required to be destroyed. We reached out to Benchmade to do us a favor at our request. Benchmade is a strong supporter of law
enforcement and the Oregon City community. We were present when the guns were cut and we took them for final destruction.
We apologize for not informing everyone on the initial post. Benchmade is an excellent company and we urge everyone that had said they no longer support
Benchmade to reconsider once they have all the information. Again, we apologize for not informing everyone with our recent post.
Respectfully,
Chief Jim Band and Mayor Dan Holladay

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by TheKid
This is bad for PR but only because people aren’t using their heads. I don’t think Benchmade was out having a buyback or anything. I cut up hundreds of guns for our local BATF guy when I worked in a shop. I didn’t like doing it but they were ordered destroyed after they came out of evidence and the BATF was going to pay someone to do it whether it was me or someone else. That’s what I see going on here.

And no I don’t own any Benchmade stuff and probably won’t, but not over this.

Well as long as somebody was going to do it anyway and you got paid, that makes it ok.

Would it make you feel better if the BATF bought some chopsaws and did it themselves? Yeah, I get it, nobody like to see guns destroyed. But when it’s court ordered after they’ve been used in a murder or something, someone is going to destroy them and get paid to do it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by jackmountain
This is bad for PR but only because people aren’t using their heads. I don’t think Benchmade was out having a buyback or anything. I cut up hundreds of guns for our local BATF guy when I worked in a shop. I didn’t like doing it but they were ordered destroyed after they came out of evidence and the BATF was going to pay someone to do it whether it was me or someone else. That’s what I see going on here.

And no I don’t own any Benchmade stuff and probably won’t, but not over this.

Well as long as somebody was going to do it anyway and you got paid, that makes it ok.

Would it make you feel better if the BATF bought some chopsaws and did it themselves? Yeah, I get it, nobody like to see guns destroyed. But when it’s court ordered after they’ve been used in a murder or something, someone is going to destroy them and get paid to do it.

Yeah, it would make me feel better if they did it themselves. The BATF has proven over and over again how corrupt and incompetent they are so I expect it of them. From anyone who appreciates our second amendment rights? I expect better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess that will cut down on the Dem donation money. Hurts to be stupid.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Benchmade is now off my radar for anything until they explain. Went to the link and it is obvious someone has become aware of their screw-up. This is what shows when you link:

"The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Obvious that either the post or the facebook account is now removed. Damage control bedamned - karma will haunt them for a long time in my opinion.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I always got along fine with our field agents, seemed like good guys but that’s neither here nor there.

What should I have done? I’m sure that the opinion of a 23 year old kid in some gunshop complaining to a field agent with no say over what gets destroyed or not would have changed their minds.

I don’t like that it happens, I didn’t like doing it, I’m sure a lot of guys feel that way about things they’ve done at work.

I love the 2A and like you feel like there’s a bunch of infringing going on. I wouldn’t be at all sorry if the BATF simply went away, in fact I’d celebrate it.

Point I was going for was that I don’t feel like Benchmade went to LE and started a campaign to round up and destroy as many guns as possible. I may be wrong but I doubt it. That seems to be what some here think judging by the replies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any police department that destroys guns, should have to survive on very little funding. Taxpayer should not have to endure this kind of waste. Not ever.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Benchmade could have declined to participate.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

anti gun anti 2a etc....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only Benchmade knife I have, I found it in the DFAC parking lot in Iraq. I never was a fan of Benchmade knives myself, lot's of other knife makers making just as good or better knives for cheaper and without a butterfly on it.

Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 917 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.