Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by longarm
I don't need to prove a damn thing. Google it for yourself. I just did and saw BM knives at or near $700.

Their biggest sellers are in the $100 to $200 range per their words on the factory tour.

The average guy isn't buying $700 knives.

Clearly you either can not comprehend or you realize you are being a hypocrite and are taking it out on me.

The bottom line is we all, hear that we ALL buy and support through our purchases Liberal, anti gun, anti hunting companies in our daily lives they way out number what the average person is spending at Benchmade. If you can not understand that nobody can help you.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's a bad look for Benchmade but they were gonna be chopped either way, and I don't really care about a shotgun and SKS, nor would I have I cared to see Benchmade using the police's request to grandstand and go "all guns matter".

Nope, the reason why I don't buy Benchmade is because of their MAP pricing scheme. They enforce that their knives are sold overpriced.

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
[quote=longarm]MCH, you underestimated their high end knife cost by ~100%[/quote
MCH. Read the above again for comprehension. Notice: no mention of 'blue lines' or 'but the average guy' , etc etc
I'm not 'taking' anything out on you. As far as I know you're one of the good guys and I'll believe that until you prove otherwise.

Benchmade? They can kiss my freckled [bleep] ass.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=longarm]MCH, you underestimated their high end knife cost by ~100%[/quote
MCH. Read the above again for comprehension. Notice: no mention of 'blue lines' or 'but the average guy' , etc etc
I'm not 'taking' anything out on you. As far as I know you're one of the good guys and I'll believe that until you prove otherwise.

Benchmade? They can kiss my freckled [bleep] ass.

You are ok with supporting Microsoft, Apple, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, and a whole list of other companies. But not a knife company?

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by smallfry
Just one question. Do you vet every single company you do business with? The list of companies that support Dem's is mind numbing. So nobody on here has any Apple Products, No Microsoft Products, and the list goes on and on.

People are free to choose as to who they want to vet, why, and to what degree. Do you disagree MontanaCreekHunter?

They certainly are! I would totally agree with that, but that isn't what I am asking.

Example: a Benchmade Knife and I'll go on the high end. $350.00. Maybe person X buys three in his lifetime. That is $1050.00 to Benchmade. Benchmade donates 10% of that to Dem's.

Clorox sells laundry detergent lets say $10 a box. Maybe person X buys 5 boxes a year and lives an adult life of say 60 years. That is $3000.00 to Clorox. Clorox donates 10% of that to Dem's.

Does this sink in at all?

Her is what I wrote. Person X that is average guy buys three knives in his lifetime from Benchmade. A collector is surely going to buy more than three knives. As an above average knife guy is going to probably buy more than three knives.

I am sorry I didn't take the time to write a long drawn out perfect example. Please forgive me. It is late, I wanted to get the point out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Swing and a miss, buddy. A whole bunch of misses.
BM volunteering or getting paid to destroy guns, while donating only to Dems and at the same time being supported overwhelmingly by 'outdoorsmen'? Yeah... If I owned one I would have already chucked it in the river tonight.
Anyway, I'm getting up in 5 hours to go hunting so I'm going to clock out. Adios

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here are their political contributions for the last few years. Why are they giving to a Dem in NM?

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/su...EYMGI8ZrlVh7IZUOM8T9pcpEwkbh6zfFwdG_7cmU

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If that post was real I can guarantee Benchmade made some calls to that police department.

And if Benchmade is embarrassed by it, then they shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
If that post was real I can guarantee Benchmade made some calls to that police department.

And if Benchmade is embarrassed by it, then they shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

This.

They don't have to help destroy guns. A pro-gun company would tell them to pound sand, if asked to help destroy guns.

The real enlightenment comes from their political contributions.

Much like Yeti, Benchmade is in damage control mode now. They will issue an official statement today...

But it's too late. They will lose millions over this. I've spent my last dime on BM.... And I only have about 8 of them. That won't bankrupt anyone, but it'll get their attention when losing Pro 2nd people shop elsewhere.

Benchmade made their own bed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Looks like Benchmade just stepped on their Dick's.

I saw what you did there. LOL.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

This right here.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
Here are their political contributions for the last few years. Why are they giving to a Dem in NM?

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/su...EYMGI8ZrlVh7IZUOM8T9pcpEwkbh6zfFwdG_7cmU

Democrat loving anti gun pieces of schit.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Instead of destroying or throwing away Benchmade knives, sell them on the used market. Every used Benchmade sold is one less sale for the company and explain in the sale description just why you are getting rid of the knife which will also encourage those interested in a BM knife to look at used instead of supporting an anti 2A company. And the longer a BM knife is in use, the better chance it will go back for warranty work further hurting their bottom line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
When they confiscate luxury items, they sell them at auction and keep the proceeds. They don't destroy houses, boats, Porsches, airplanes, or Rolex watches.

When they confiscate cash, often LEGALLY POSSESSED by the OWNER, they don't destroy it. They keep it. Good luck getting it back.

There is no good reason for perfectly functional firearms to be intentionally destroyed instead of being routed into the hands of needy lawful citizens for lawful uses. Or legally auctioned to the highest bidder.

Moreover, I know which way I would bet if asked if some of the nicest pieces slated for destruction didn't somehow "inadvertently" end up in someone's private collection.

Reserving final judgment on Benchmade at the moment, BUT

I didn't see Yeti handing out free mugs at SHOT Media Day this year, and the ORCA travel mugs Leica gave out at their Media breakfast to introduce their new awesome LRF 2800 rangefinder is what carries coffee in MY truck these days. That dang ORCA with the Leica logo is beautiful.

I don't miss Yeti one bit. Thinking there is a hint (grin) there somewhere.

I'd be moving fast were I a certain knifemaker.

Very good points Rick. Wouldn't the sale of those firearms help with their budget deficits?

It depends on the dept. I know cops who have told me they used to weep at guns that had to be destroyed, even tried to buy them but were told no.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smallfry
Just one question. Do you vet every single company you do business with? The list of companies that support Dem's is mind numbing. So nobody on here has any Apple Products, No Microsoft Products, and the list goes on and on.

People are free to choose as to who they want to vet, why, and to what degree. Do you disagree MontanaCreekHunter?

They certainly are! I would totally agree with that, but that isn't what I am asking.

Example: a Benchmade Knife and I'll go on the high end. $350.00. Maybe person X buys three in his lifetime. That is $1050.00 to Benchmade. Benchmade donates 10% of that to Dem's.

Clorox sells laundry detergent lets say $10 a box. Maybe person X buys 5 boxes a year and lives an adult life of say 60 years. That is $3000.00 to Clorox. Clorox donates 10% of that to Dem's.

Does this sink in at all?

Her is what I wrote. Person X that is average guy buys three knives in his lifetime from Benchmade. A collector is surely going to buy more than three knives. As an above average knife guy is going to probably buy more than three knives.

I am sorry I didn't take the time to write a long drawn out perfect example. Please forgive me. It is late, I wanted to get the point out.
I understand but I have a different expectation to a company like Benchmade as opposed to Clorox when it comes to being part of the 2A community.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[
Originally Posted by 700LH
Left coast seems to not suffer a shortage of stupid

Only in your world is advocating getting all facts, stupid.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't need to prove a damn thing. Google it for yourself. I just did and saw BM knives at or near $700.
If you want to divide their offerings into this or that line, you've lost my interest.

I'm not a fan of BM. I've never spent My money supporting them. That's on you

The Griptilian series are by far their biggest sellers and are in the $100 range. Even their autos like the Infidel are much less than $700. That's like saying because Vettes are $75K, that the average Chevy is $75K. I work for a gunshop that sells a lot of Benchmades.

Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (1OntarioJim, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 29 invisible), 1,324 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,983
Posts18,520,002
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.