Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I work for a gunshop that sells a lot of Benchmades.

I sure hope they reconsider that brand.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Goosey

Nope, the reason why I don't buy Benchmade is because of their MAP pricing scheme. They enforce that their knives are sold overpriced.
Not really. The company that is really bad about that is Gerber. They MAKE you sell their autos at MSRP.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I work for a gunshop that sells a lot of Benchmades.

I sure hope they reconsider that brand.
I'm sure we will. I'll find out today from the owner.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I sent them a message and an email asking if I mail my Benchmade knives to them for destruction, if they would destroy them and put the video/picture of them being destroyed on Facebook for me.

I asked if they would provide the same service to WE THE PEOPLE that you provide for the police.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I think everyone needs to take a breath and get some fact. Police always destroy guns that were used in commision of crimes, I mean let’s not act like leftards, let’s get some facts.

Respectfully disagree. I have a gorgeous like new M1A that was used in a murder here that I bought from my local sheriffs department after the trial. They approached me, knowing I liked M1’s and such. They don’t destroy guns here, but rather, sell them off at auction, as do many LEO agencies here in the SE.

Virtually 99% condition, six magazines, military ammo can with about 500-600 rounds of ammo and a gun case.....$700. Ran the serial number and it was made in ‘74 if I remember correctly. Sweet deal. They had cleaned it up and oiled it prior to storage but when I got it, I went through it with a fine tooth comb and found some dried blood on the bottom of the receiver. 😒 Fortunately it had not rusted anything.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I sent them a message and an email asking if I mail my Benchmade knives to them for destruction, if they would destroy them and put the video/picture of them being destroyed on Facebook for me.

I asked if they would provide the same service to WE THE PEOPLE that you provide for the police.

Post of the day. You’re a fine American in my eyes.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
This has been common practice for a ton of police departments for years, all confiscated guns from crimes that haven't been reported stolen are destroyed. At least the ones deputies don't sneak out of the evidence rooms for themselves. I was told Rugers were always the toughest to saw through. I know that was on the Georgia books forever until recently, now they all must go through an auction house and the public has a chance to bid on them. This isn't a new thing.

Last edited by killerv; 02/21/19.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Benchmade's statement

Benchmade Knife Company
6 hrs ·

SEE OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW

Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department.
-
We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.
-
Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.
-
When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement: “When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms.”

-Benchmade

https://www.facebook.com/Benchmade/

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Benchmade's statement

Benchmade Knife Company
6 hrs ·

SEE OFFICIAL STATEMENT BELOW

Benchmade is aware of the recent post from our local Oregon City Police Department.
-
We apologize for the confusion and concern that this post created. These were firearms that the Oregon City Police Department had to destroy in alignment with their policies. Oregon City Police requested the use of specialty equipment within the Benchmade facility to follow these requirements, and as a supporting partner of our local police force, we obliged the request.
-
Benchmade is a proud and unwavering supporter of both law enforcement and Second Amendment rights. These are commitments that we do not take lightly and will continue to support well into the future.
-
When asked for clarity from Oregon City Police Department, Chief Jim Band made the following statement: “When property is to be destroyed, it is the policy of the Oregon City Police Department to destroy property, including firearms, in accordance to our procedures and ORS. The Oregon City Police Department does not sell firearms.”

-Benchmade

https://www.facebook.com/Benchmade/

Dirty damn liars. Why did they give 100% of their political money to the anti-American anti-2A Dems and ZERO to the Republicans?

Why didn't they politely tell the leftist cops to look elsewhere for some equipment to destroy guns?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

They won’t because the differences is they wouldn’t feel good about what they are doing for the community. It would be like asking them to donate money to a pro 2A Republican.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
'Specialty tool'

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by longarm
[quote=longarm]MCH, you underestimated their high end knife cost by ~100%[/quote
MCH. Read the above again for comprehension. Notice: no mention of 'blue lines' or 'but the average guy' , etc etc
I'm not 'taking' anything out on you. As far as I know you're one of the good guys and I'll believe that until you prove otherwise.

Benchmade? They can kiss my freckled [bleep] ass.

You are ok with supporting Microsoft, Apple, Starbucks, Target, Walmart, and a whole list of other companies. But not a knife company?

I wonder how many of us are posting from a mac/windows pc or iphone/google based phone!

Last edited by killerv; 02/21/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wytex
Maybe guns confiscated from various violent offenses, murders etc. that can not be sold at auction.

Amongst other sources, some were from gun buybacks, a leftist feelgood BS tactic to waste more taxpayer funds and accomplish nothing but generate "optics"...

Besides, how do you address those democrat donations? Not random, a pattern...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
I wonder how many of us are posting from a mac/windows pc or iphone/google based phone!

Do those companies make most of their revenue from pro-gun people?

I may not be able to completely rid myself of the trash, until a better option comes along... But my dollars, like my votes go to people and companies that support the Constitution and 2nd Amendment when I have a choice...

And with all the knife companies out there, there IS a choice. Lots of them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I think everyone needs to take a breath and get some fact. Police always destroy guns that were used in commision of crimes, I mean let’s not act like leftards, let’s get some facts.

Respectfully disagree. I have a gorgeous like new M1A that was used in a murder here that I bought from my local sheriffs department after the trial. They approached me, knowing I liked M1’s and such. They don’t destroy guns here, but rather, sell them off at auction, as do many LEO agencies here in the SE.

Virtually 99% condition, six magazines, military ammo can with about 500-600 rounds of ammo and a gun case.....$700. Ran the serial number and it was made in ‘74 if I remember correctly. Sweet deal. They had cleaned it up and oiled it prior to storage but when I got it, I went through it with a fine tooth comb and found some dried blood on the bottom of the receiver. 😒 Fortunately it had not rusted anything.

Police Departments are beholden to the City Council in city they serve, unlike the Sheriffs who are guided by the Sheriff’s politics.
I’m not sticking up for Benchmade, but I’ll be damned if I’ll join an internet boycott before I know both sides of the story, I’ve been burned too many times by the internet lynch mobs.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Police Departments are beholden to the City Council in city they serve, unlike the Sheriffs who are guided by the Sheriff’s politics.
I’m not sticking up for Benchmade, but I’ll be damned if I’ll join an internet boycott before I know both sides of the story, I’ve been burned too many times by the internet lynch mobs.

You take the police issue totally out of the equation, and you are left with their political donations to anti-gun liberal politicians.

Kinda hard to explain that away, when it's public record.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Godogs57

In Arizona, the State Supreme Court actually intervened in this police practice of destroying confiscated guns and ordered them to sell them all to local dealers.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

In Arizona, the State Supreme Court actually intervened in this police practice of destroying confiscated gun and ordered them to sell them all to local dealers.

As Rickbin pointed out.... the police sure don't destroy bundles of cash or motor vehicles seized.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Get angry at Oregon's laws for allowing this to happen, not for a company supporting local law enforcement when they called up and asked "can we use your saws?". I think folks are reading way to far into this at this point. If you don't want to buy a benchmade now...that is certainly your choice.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Screw BM.

Well, somebody was gonna do the abortion.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/21/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 14 invisible), 1,031 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.