Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was home yesterday, it snowed, I went to the store, and then I went home.

(But while home on a snow day I loaded 100 rounds of .30-06 cast target ammo for my 1903A1 Sniper, and 50 rounds of .310 Cadet so I can let Joe shoot the Martini.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I was home yesterday, it snowed, I went to the store, and then I went home.

(But while home on a snow day I loaded 100 rounds of .30-06 cast target ammo for my 1903A1 Sniper, and 50 rounds of .310 Cadet so I can let Joe shoot the Martini.)

Sounds like a good snow day. At least you weren't sittin around drinking wine out of a box or sumthin. laugh

I gotta go ta work to pay for Savages.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I took the door stop off the floor molding so the guys could install the new hardwood floor tomorrow. Then the wind grabbed the door and threw it open, and the door knob poked a hole in the wall. So, I spackled the hole, let it dry, painted it. Then walked outside to look at the snow, turned back around, and went home.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
He opened a new box of wine, spread some dirt on the floor, and then he went home.

He opened a new box of wine, spread some dirt on the floor, but he didn't go home.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"Home" is a state of mind.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"Home" is a state of mind.

When you open a new box of wine just about everyplace is home within 2 hours.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Not me. Wine and I have never got along. If somebody asks me what type of wine I like I say Canadian Club or Crown Royal thank you. I once went to a wine party. And then I ...

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm tired but I really need to rip the seats and carpet outa tha old Dodge and get er dried out. Once I getter sealed up I may sell the old girl. 1993 Cummins 4x2 with 80K. I been thinking about a bigger dumptruck maybe even a new Dodge.

Then I'll go home.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/23/19.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There's another 80K left in the old girl. Take care of her and she'll get you home.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's another 80K left in the old girl. Take care of her and she'll get you home.

Those old 12 valve Cummins Dodges will go a million miles. But by then you'd be rollin on an apple crate and four tires.

LOL
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Back in the 30s my grandfather took a stationary thrashing machine and mounted it on a flat bed truck. In those days farmers would cut their crops and stack them in the barn. My grandfather would take his machine around to various farms in his part of the Sacramento Valley and do custom thrashing. He could set it for different crops. I have one picture of that mobile thrasher and it does look like an apple crate and four tires. Not much money in those days and not a lot of farmers got rich. And guys like my grandfather who serviced the farmers made a living as long as they had a couple other things going on as well. My dad carried on the tradition and kept John Deere rice combines going for years. And then he went home but that was at age 74.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My gramps was a Ford mechanic at a small Ford dealership in rural Pennsylvania from circa 1920 to 1956. He serviced a sh*t-ton of Fordson and 8N/9N Red Belly tractors for the farmers in that neck of the woods (as well as the Model-T's, A's, flat head V-8's, and trucks from all around that corner of Paradise). Due to his service in that regard he was issued better gas and tire ration coupons during The War than were issued to the local doctors. My Dad fondly remembered them driving hither and yon on family outings when all their friends and relatives were stuck at home because they didn't have the gasoline to do it with. The gov't knew to keep the farm tractors serviced (done on site) or the country wouldn't eat.

I have all of his Ford service manuals from his career. Dog eared, frayed, and grease smeared like you wouldn't believe.

Christmas Eve, 1944- the Boss gave everyone their Christmas bonus in the form of silver dollars, and then he went home with his pants pockets bulging with coins. (I have a couple of those selfsame silver dollars from that day, and I keep them at home.)

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yesterday the guys came and installed hardwood floors and it looked great. Then they went home. Last night my wife and son were putting the family room back to get her and found a “oopsie”. My son said “where is the plug for the floor lamp.” When we built the room we put a plug in the floor for a power strip that runs the floor lamp, small ceramic heater and the chargers for my wife’s electronics. They put the new floor over it.

Today the had to come back and fix it. Looks great again. Then they went home, again.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
It’s always good when the “and then they went home” stories have good endings. And now I’m not going to say “and then they went home” because I already did.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They shouldn't have floored over it in the first place. That kind of crap is why I do as much of my own construction my self as I can. And then I go home.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I do my own construction as well. I don't need some pack of yo-yo's covering over my outlets, I can do that w/o any help at all!

*And then I went home.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/24/19.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Installed new after market steps for the 5th wheel. This makes getting in and out easier and no bounce on the RV.
Considering we're going to be full timers for at least 9 months, the money is worth it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And then he took his home with him.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Gary, I just choked on a piece of pizza.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We finished the T&G on the walls and went home. Today we'll peel the logs for the false beams and get them up and then go home hopefully, the snow is drifting real bad here.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.