Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen
Will miss seeing everyone, but I wasn't looking forward to another snowy, wintry outing again--especially after the grandkids elk hunt the last week of December.

Hope to see everyone at Armijo Springs!

Me too. We have more snow at the moment than usual here.

My son came with me on our cow elk hunt in mid-December and the best thing was that he was totally intrigued and even involved in gutting the elk and getting it to the processor. grin

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

I called Barrows today. Lab work is still pending and the EEG has not been read yet for Ken.

Judy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This event was still a distant "maybe" in my case but I much appreciate the wise and timely call by Dennis and Kent - discretion is alive. We've been well snowed here at 8,000 ft. and I probably could not get anywhere close to Armijo Springs right now, even with our best 4wd. We were able to fight our way out to the highway today and drop down to lower country. Best wishes to all, and especially to those dealing with illness and nagging issues. This is one fine group. The summer gathering should be extra special this year.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
It's started raining already, wunderweather is saying 2 inches plus of rain in Tonto and 2+ feet of snow on the surrounding mountains. Payson got 4" snow in Dec and they closed the roads all 3 ways into town. Doubt the roads over Mt Ord or Top of the world will be open until Friday afternoon or Saturday.

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dennisinaz, Talus in Arizona and I have a Javelina hunt near there this weekend. Hoping the weatherman was wrong.

[Linked Image]

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Talked to Dennis yesterday, even going Globe route you may have a time getting over the hills from Claypool to the Young road, and A cross may be a muddy mess, you will not be able to cross Tonto creek. I don't envy you guys all the trouble for a stinking javalina.

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I'll go to oracle junction and hunt rabbits....

[Linked Image]

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
The mex food restaurant in Oracle jt is really good.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Roads closing fast, all roads into Payson closed including south because of accidents, I40 closed in some areas, and only started snowing a few hours ago.

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listening to my HAM radio. Ham radio operators in Payson are reporting 18" so far today, and it has not stopped.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Harder than ever now

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Are you guys going to attempt hunting tomorrow? Can you get over Top of the world or above Claypool?

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The roads are open in Superior and Globe. Not sure what A Cross road is going to be like in the morning. We're going to talk early and decide.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Tonto basin has gotten 1.2 inches of rain and now .1 inches of snow on the ground with the biggest part to hit yet.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
87 closed at Bush hwy and Beeline going to Payson, that's pretty low and blocking a bunch of low country hunters.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey look on the bright side... I've heard you Arizona folks complain about all the Minnesotans that show up every winter.... maybe this will give them an incentive to find somewhere else to snowbird the winter at....

They could have stayed home and got this.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, all roads impassable and closed either direction to where camp is.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am disappointed...I was planning on crashing the party and meet you folks and took seven days of vacation to do it, but a part of the plan was to visit an old favorite uncle here in El Paso and it's always nice to see him. We're engaged in a nice visit now, and sometime in the next few days I will head out into the desert east of town to see about knocking off a few jackrabbits. The trip is most definitely not a total bust.

Maybe next year. GOOD health to those ailing.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I am disappointed...I was planning on crashing the party and meet you folks and took seven days of vacation to do it, but a part of the plan was to visit an old favorite uncle here in El Paso and it's always nice to see him. We're engaged in a nice visit now, and sometime in the next few days I will head out into the desert east of town to see about knocking off a few jackrabbits. The trip is most definitely not a total bust.

Maybe next year. GOOD health to those ailing.

The best part of these events are meeting new folks, it's a shame we won't meet you.

Usually this event is a good getaway for those in wintery country, but not this year, looking at a record low for this date here in the valley.

Kent

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.