Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 28 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by deflave

I don't think Benchmade had knowledge that those pictures would be going online.

I also don't think Benchmade had knowledge that a huge portion of their consumer base would take offense.

Straight up. They cut up some guns? This is really what people are strokin' out over? Hay-zeus. Folks are acting like they're Muslims who saw video of Marines pizzin' on a Koran.

I'm not really buying into any of the hair-shirt-wearing, sackcloth-and-ashes-we're-all-doomed-now invective stinking up this thread... Benchmade may or may not lean leftward, but they make the best locking folding knife you can buy for a reasonable price. Let's see how BM deals with this conflagration going down the road. In the meantime I have a mini-Griptillian in my pocket as I type, and a half dozen more at home, and I ain't gonna go throwin' em out to prove some point about the 2A.

Fair enough Doc, I am not cutting up my Yeti either... the question is, if proven they are anti 2nd will you buy more?

Last edited by irfubar; 02/22/19. Reason: worlds worst typer

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Might lean left?

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Come on Boys post up all those Remington, Winchester, Colt, and Marlins in the classifieds. They have give tons of money to Dem's.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Come on Boys post up all those Remington, Winchester, Colt, and Marlins in the classifieds. They have give tons of money to Dem's.

So will you and do you support anti 2nd companies? ..... simple question

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by irfubar

Fair enough Doc, I am not cutting up my Yeti either... the question is, if proven they are anti 2nd will you buy more?

Well, that depends on how you define anti-2A. As I said, it remains to be seen how BM responds to this fooferaw.

I have had good dealings with BM in the past. When I was the WI IDPA state coordinator and starting up our first state match back in '01, it was real hard to get sponsors from the guns/knives/etc community. We were small and unknown. Benchmade was our first major sponsor, sent us a banner and several knives to put on our prize table. When i called to thank them and said I'd like to buy some small knives to give our Safety Officers as a token of thanks and did they have a small pen knife we could buy for a reasonable price, their response was to sell me 15 mini-Griptillians for $25 apiece (below their cost). They have remained a major sponsor of IDPA and USPSA matches since then.

Hardly what I would call an anti-2A policy, hmm?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, that depends on how you define anti-2A. As I said, it remains to be seen how BM responds to this fooferaw.

I have had good dealings with BM in the past. When I was the WI IDPA state coordinator and starting up our first state match back in '01, it was real hard to get sponsors from the guns/knives/etc community. We were small and unknown. Benchmade was our first major sponsor, sent us a banner and several knives to put on our prize table. When i called to thank them and said I'd like to buy some small knives to give our Safety Officers as a token of thanks and did they have a small pen knife we could buy for a reasonable price, their response was to sell me 15 mini-Griptillians for $25 apiece (below their cost). They have remained a major sponsor of IDPA and USPSA matches since then.

Good info Doc..... maybe we should reserve judgement?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I'd say it's pretty standard for businesses to donate money to people who might make decisions that affect them.

So it should be common practice for gun shops to donate to brady?

That's pretty silly. The Brady Center would not do anything to help gun shops. But elected officials might support a bill that would help Benchmade in some way. I'm just pointing out how the real world works.

Again if Benchmade was a true 2nd amendment supporter they would say hell no and relocate to a free state..... integrity.. the word of the day... obviously they could care less about the 2nd and donating to Whiden and crew is just good business, so was selling ovens to Nazi's .... until it wasn't

Businesses exist primarily to make a profit. The people who run Benchmade may well be 2nd Amendment supporters, I hope they are, but as business owners they first and foremost have to stay in business. Elected officials can make decisions that have a big effect on whether businesses are profitable. This is economics 101 in a capitalistic society. So it's not surprising they want to be on good terms with people who make decisions that affect them. I would personally prefer that they donate to Republicans, but Oregon is largely controlled by the Democrats and Benchmade is operating in that environment.

Moving an established company is expensive and difficult, so most businesses aren't going to do that unless they have a very strong incentive.

I support the 2nd Amendment as much as anyone and would would prefer to see the guns sold. Still, cutting up a few guns as a favor to local police is hardly making ovens for the Nazi's.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Kinda what I'm thinking...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Give me an example of what you call anti 2nd companies.

I own and will continue to own BenchMade Knives

I do not own any Remington products

I own two Colt products, I doubt I will buy another but not for political reasons

I don't own any Winchester Products but if I came across a Model 21 in the right configuration and at the right price I would most certainly buy it. I have owned several Winchester products in the past.

I owned several Marlins through the years. Don't own any currently.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I own two Colt products, I doubt I will buy another but not for political reasons

I don't own any Winchester Products but if I came across a Model 21 in the right configuration and at the right price I would most certainly buy it. I have owned several Winchester products in the past.

Like you I own computers, phones, etc from very anti 2nd companies.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Kinda what I'm thinking...

I've also been involved in matches where Benchmade was a sponsor. My impression is that they are supportive of the 2nd Amendment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I'd say it's pretty standard for businesses to donate money to people who might make decisions that affect them.

So it should be common practice for gun shops to donate to brady?

That's pretty silly. The Brady Center would not do anything to help gun shops. But elected officials might support a bill that would help Benchmade in some way. I'm just pointing out how the real world works.

Again if Benchmade was a true 2nd amendment supporter they would say hell no and relocate to a free state..... integrity.. the word of the day... obviously they could care less about the 2nd and donating to Whiden and crew is just good business, so was selling ovens to Nazi's .... until it wasn't

Businesses exist primarily to make a profit. The people who run Benchmade may well be 2nd Amendment supporters, I hope they are, but first and foremost they have to stay in business. Elected officials can make decisions that have a big effect on whether businesses are profitable. This is economics 101 in a capitalistic society. So it's not surprising they want to be on good terms with people who make decisions that affect them. I would personally prefer that they donate to Republicans, but Oregon is largely controlled by the Democrats and Benchmade is operating in that environment.

Moving an established company is expensive and difficult, so most businesses aren't going to do that unless they have a very strong incentive.

I support the 2nd Amendment as much as anyone and would would prefer to see the guns sold. Still, cutting up a few guns as a favor to local police is hardly making ovens for the Nazi's.

I understand, I have a business in Oregon, it is not a business I can up and move.....I am and have been looking into a 1031 exchange, it is risky and difficult . If I was a manufacturer it would be much easier, either way these aren't decisions to take lightly..... seems to me that if someone like Magpull can pull it off others can also... the core customers will respect them more and in the long run they should come out ahead...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Do you subscribe to cable TV, support pro sports, Smart phone, entertainment industry, things like that

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My impression is that they are supportive of the 2nd Amendment.

Did you know that, democrats take an oath to uphold the constitution?

Some of them even swear on a koran.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Do you subscribe to cable TV, support pro sports, Smart phone, entertainment industry, things like that

I don't even own a TV. Support Pro Sports in what way? Like going to the Super Bowl? Yes I do. Are they all anti 2nd? Can you show proof of that? I know for a FACT Matt Light is a huge supporter of the 2nd.

[Linked Image]

Of course I have a phone, Laptop, etc I already stated that. I hold season tickets to UCONN Basketball both men's and women's teams.

Not much for baseball. I like Hockey. I love NCAA wrestling, love the UFC, like boxing. Love PBR

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Do you know that the Gronk's House was broken into during the 2018 Super Bowl? Guess what they stole? GUNS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You and I both do, likely even weekly or daily.

but it appears I'm the only one of us two who knows that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
United breaks guitars

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Crickets from the BenchMade Hypocrites about their Colt, Marlin, Remington, and Winchesters. Isn't that some funny chit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you know that the Gronk's House was broken into during the 2018 Super Bowl? Guess what they stole? GUNS

That small crowd behind your selfie speaks volumes..... ya we all know the NFL is a bastion of conservative thought... lmao.....

Page 23 of 28 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, anothergun, 375sunrise, 14 invisible), 828 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.