Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FishinHank
They tell me it will probably be 3 months before I can put any weight on my ankle. Hoping I don't lose my job.....

Jesus Christ man, best of luck hank.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, going to be a long road for sure. Puts some of my plans on hold but that's the way it goes sometimes. Just gotta deal with it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Best wishes. I've never had ketamine, but swore off nerve blocks. They screw me up longer, and make me mean!
"The Warden" knows how to use her .38 - and I want to live a while longer! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, going to be a long road for sure. Puts some of my plans on hold but that's the way it goes sometimes. Just gotta deal with it.

Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't...it didn't go. It's the ph uckin' way she goes.

Last edited by 79S; 02/22/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't...it didn't go. It's the ph uckin' way she goes.

Fackin way she goes.......she went.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S
My daughter broke her ankle 7 yrs ago, they did surgery on it at elmendorf hospital. To this day she still has hardware in her ankle. Her whole summer was shot in the a$$ she was in cast for the duration of the summer, then physical therapy. To this day her ankle will start bothering her, we are pretty sure it's the screws they put in her ankle. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

My kid was bothered by the screws through the plate. Had that removed a year after.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hank
Hard cast or Velcro walking cast?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Good luck and hope you heal quickly!!!

That must have been one heck of a fracture/dislocation to send you down to Seattle. I would have thought that Juneau would have had a pretty decent contingent of Ortho docs to deal with that there. Hope you had good insurance with your employer...

Do what you are told on your recovery and don't push the limits. You want that to heal correctly the first time! Revisions and repeat surgeries are a recipe for longer recoveries, more scarring, infection, and chronic pain issues. Hopefully you didn't have a lot of ligament damage with the dislocation/fracture. Physical therapy will be important as well... let them "push" you. Your "youth" is your friend!

Sorry you had to experience Ketamine. Great drug but it has it's issues. Pros and Cons have been highlighted by others. "Benzos" given prior to ketamine will usually help with the dysphoria/hallucinations. Some are just too lazy to give it. We used to use it a lot in the burn unit for dressing changes and debridements which were very painful for the patients. Ketamine provided a level of safety that narcotics could not as it supports spontaneous breathing vs respiratory depression/apnea. Back in the day, we didn't even lock up Ketamine or Pentothal in our OR (in contrast to narcotics and benzodiazepines)!!! Fast forward to today, the age of "experimenters" and "abusers" and everything is locked up behind one or two locked "barriers" including meds, syringes, needles, alcohol wipes, you name it!!! It has gotten so absurd that it makes it hard to respond to real emergencies in the OR! My 'cart" electronically locks automatically after 60 seconds... gets real old real quick, every day.

For all the pain, inconvenience, expense, and uncertainty, be glad it happened now and not 150 years ago. You'd likely be in the belly of a bear!

One day at a time.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 79S
My daughter broke her ankle 7 yrs ago, they did surgery on it at elmendorf hospital. To this day she still has hardware in her ankle. Her whole summer was shot in the a$$ she was in cast for the duration of the summer, then physical therapy. To this day her ankle will start bothering her, we are pretty sure it's the screws they put in her ankle. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

My kid was bothered by the screws through the plate. Had that removed a year after.

They said they could remove them, all depending how the ankle healed. Her ankle healed up fine but My kid deferred that optional removing them, she did want to back in for any type of surgery.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i've had 3 screws in my left humerus, i slit it from the ball down, 32 yrs ago. it bothered me the first few yrs, but hasn't in the last 25 or so.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Had a bone graft in 1992. Ain't nothing like bone pain to grab your attention. Lol

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hank
Hard cast or Velcro walking cast?

Hard cast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How's your day been Hank, for hurtin'?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FH, good to see you posting today. Hope the ankle's feeling better.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kid0917

Not bad actually. Trying to keep moving as much as I can. A fellow 'fire member was kind enough to help me run some errands today, huge shout out to MallardAddict. Hell of a guy for sure. Pretty fun to cruise around in those motorized carts in stores. They don't go fast enough though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kid0917

Not bad actually. Trying to keep moving as much as I can. A fellow 'fire member was kind enough to help me run some errands today, huge shout out to MallardAddict. Hell of a guy for sure. Pretty fun to cruise around in those motorized carts in stores. They don't go fast enough though.

Hey, watch that speed! Also, kudos to MA for the assist!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not sure why but I am having some really weird dreams. Must be the meds,

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, looks like they decided not to hold my position for me. Got my walking papers today. Gotta figure out what to do now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SandBilly
You have a Lear jet?

Good luck on the heal..

Originally Posted by SandBilly
You have a Lear jet?

Good luck on the heal..

I've got a Leer topper.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, looks like they decided not to hold my position for me. Got my walking papers today. Gotta figure out what to do now.

Injured on their job site?

Seems the ADA folks would have a talk with them...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.