Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I used to really be down on Lincoln because of the war between the states. He stomped all over the Constitution and he decreed that a state which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily leave the union.

But once you dig into the motivations of Lincoln, it's difficult not to have a bit of sympathy for his reasoning.

Lincoln didn't wage war on the south to end slavery. He waged war on the south in order to end an institution that had dumped vast numbers of Africans into America's western european society.

The transcripts of the Lincoln/Douglas debates explains Lincoln better than anything else.

Lincoln wanted slavery abolished and he wanted the slaves sent back to Africa where they belonged,...and out of *here*.

He was right.

Slavery had corrupted the demographic fabric of America,...and you can see the long term result of it today.

If John Wilkes Booth hadn't killed him, America would be a very different place today,...and Liberia would be much more populated.

Well said.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Racism, like appreciation of good beer, is an acquired taste. The more you are around non caucasians the greater your ability to dislike them.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bristoe, Very well stated! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I used to really be down on Lincoln because of the war between the states. He stomped all over the Constitution and he decreed that a state which voluntarily joined the union couldn't voluntarily leave the union.

But once you dig into the motivations of Lincoln, it's difficult not to have a bit of sympathy for his reasoning.

Lincoln didn't wage war on the south to end slavery. He waged war on the south in order to end an institution that had dumped vast numbers of Africans into America's western european society.

The transcripts of the Lincoln/Douglas debates explains Lincoln better than anything else.

Lincoln wanted slavery abolished and he wanted the slaves sent back to Africa where they belonged,...and out of *here*.

He was right.

Slavery had corrupted the demographic fabric of America,...and you can see the long term result of it today.

If John Wilkes Booth hadn't killed him, America would be a very different place today,...and Liberia would be much more populated.

Truth.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Lincoln favored the idea of Liberian colonization.

But Lincoln's arguments in the debates plainly stated that colonization was not a practical idea.

Lincoln argued that the end result should be two levels of American society, with the white man as the superior, but a black man able to keep all of the fruits of his labors.

It is possible that if Lincoln had been the tyrannical despot after the war that he had been before and during, there could have been recolonization to Liberia.

But, short of that it wasn't going to happen, because the government actually had a budget that it lived by in those days.

In hindsight, the argument is proved that sendin the slaves back to Liberia would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper, you couldn't have won that argument at the time.

Because the civil war era American couldn't imagine the perversions of government welfare to come.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Lincoln favored the idea of Liberian colonization.

But Lincoln's arguments in the debates plainly stated that colonization was not a practical idea.

Lincoln argued that the end result should be two levels of American society, with the white man as the superior, but a black man able to keep all of the fruits of his labors.

It is possible that if Lincoln had been the tyrannical despot after the war that he had been before and during, there could have been recolonization to Liberia.

But, short of that it wasn't going to happen, because the government actually had a budget that it lived by in those days.

In hindsight, the argument is proved that sendin the slaves back to Liberia would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper, you couldn't have won that argument at the time.

Because the civil war era American couldn't imagine the perversions of government welfare to come.

Well,...there's always an argument to everything. But Lincoln was very plain about his plans to recolonize slaves back to Africa,...and even to South America.

In fact,..in 1862 Congress authorized $600,000 to send slaves back to Africa. ($15,000,000 in today's money)

It was much more than just a casual discussion. 15,000 slaves had been sent back to Africa prior to the Civil War.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It's hard to bracket Lincoln, because the SOB was such a politician that he took every side of every argument surrounding the slavery issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are just devolving.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fubarski
It's hard to bracket Lincoln, because the SOB was such a politician that he took every side of every argument surrounding the slavery issue.

The US had a financial system before Lincoln that was the envy of the world and had catapulted the young nation into extreme wealth and subsequently adooted by Switzerland .

He destroyed that system for the one we have now and it leads to self destruction as we are witnessing. Sorry i cant remember the terms for each system

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Good thing we Horatio Deflave on the case.. also what happened to the OP?

TFF, I never even noticed that times I watched that show. smile smile

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bumpola, hoping the OP can come on and fill in the details.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
SHE GOIN’ FOR DA FONE!!!!

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't like black people...that means I'm enjoying this schit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I don't like black people...that means I'm enjoying this schit.

Actually I stole that line from 48 Hours. Eddie Murphy said it, about white people.😀

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
SHE GOIN’ FOR DA FONE!!!!

We're past due for chapter 2. I'm hoping hard we get the 'revenge is MINE!' blow-by-blow follow-up post. Something like this, maybe? "You bounced your Heineken off my old lady's dome when she went for the phone and done knocked her out cold! All she wanted was to insult y'all by asking you tp settler the tab mid-meal. Then, you and your two buddies who ran up the tab--and the three juveniles waiting patiently in the Hyundai outside drinking Cherry Cokes with sad faces-- made good y'alls escape, just in the nick of time. But I found you! Who's thugged OUT now, yo?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Damn that was excellent.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Damn that was excellent.

Yes

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hey gooseshit, gofuckyourself!

Fück Joe byron
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Awful thread. If this was 1944 it's easy enough to guess which side most of you would be on.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by efw
Damn that was excellent.

Yes

LOL dudes, that was faker than aerosol cheese. grin

Trump Won!
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 257_X_50, 160user, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.