Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Well, laughing is a good thing. Not all laugh at the same joke however. A life lesson……...

Few things FUNNIER...than your "wares",your "means" and your "abilities" conjoined for a "determination". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Just saying.

LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Well, laughing is a good thing. Not all laugh at the same joke however. A life lesson……...

Few things FUNNIER...than your "wares",your "means" and your "abilities" conjoined for a "determination". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Just saying.

LAUGHING!...............

It might clear up some confusion if you were to post pictures and or video of your longest verified LR kill.

Just to keep things on the up and up. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Long range?

When I'm on my hind legs and more than 6' from the commode.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
John we talking (rocks) @1400 via 22 lr???? Or kreedmire @2000 via super chicken dump truck sized targets of course..... grin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Just saying.

LAUGHING!...............

It might clear up some confusion if you were to post pictures and or video of your longest verified LR kill.

John Squirms,

My bad. It'll "clear up" for others,when you cite your Rimfire LR "wares"...excepting the FACT that you can not. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are FREE,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying.

LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Then hit an egg at 300 yards with one of your .22lr and post the video on this thread.

Sorry for the poor video- phoneskope will be in tow next time

Last edited by robertham1; 02/25/19.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Beyond 400yds is a good metric in the hunting world.

Right about there is where, even a lot of the flat shooting rifles, have dropped or are dropping below MPBR.

Yep

Very few will get to 350 with a 6" target size. More with 8" or greater. A 6.5mm 142g bullet with a B.C. of .625 and 3050fps at the muzzle has a 313 yard MPBR at 7000 feet altitude for a 6" target, 352 yards for an 8" target. A 10" target only gets to 386 yards MPBR, but now you're talking about +5" above line of sight. I prefer 3" max, hence my preference for 6" target sizes for MPBR zeros.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 02/24/19.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Right about there is where, even a lot of the flat shooting rifles, have dropped or are dropping below MPBR.

Yep

Very few will get to 350 with a 6" target size. More with 8" or greater. A 6.5mm 142g bullet with a B.C. of .625 and 3050fps at the muzzle has a 313 yard MPBR at 7000 feet altitude for a 6" target, 352 yards for an 8" target. A 10" target only gets to 386 yards MPBR, but now you're talking about +5" above line of sight. I prefer 3" max, hence my preference for 6" target sizes for MPBR zeros.

John Squirms cain't even say "matrix" and you are dumber than her. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It ain't very "difficult",to look through a scope.

Hint.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Yep

I can see your logic on the 6" target for hunting applications. That 6" target really peels back the MPBR on things !! Not your optimal long range projectile...…..but the 485 B.C. 7mm bullet that gets me to 442 yards (at your house at 7000 feet) on a 10" only makes 360 yards on a 6" target. Still fairly respectable in the point-and-shoot aspect.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

Just saying.

LAUGHING!...............

John Squirms,

My bad. It'll "clear up" for others,when you cite your Rimfire LR "wares"...excepting the FACT that you can not. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Imagination and Pretend are FREE,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying.

LAUGHING!................

I think John Burns has BTDT ,unlike someone who's mouth runs faster than his brain. Hint.

Congrats!!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Since most of my shots are 200 or less,I sight in 2" at 100 yards with most of my rifles.

Some rifles that 2" at 100 yards may be dead on at 225 or 250 yards.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I'm lovin' this forum! LOL!

For me, I don't want to shoot any farther than what I can practice and the shooting range I belong to is 200 yards max. However, if the wind isn't bad I know the holdover for 300 and 400. But that's about it until I find a place to practice that has a longer range potential.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick, What ever you choose beyond 50 yards un- protected range. It is not the shooter with a 22LR it is physics.

If BS could consistently shoot .4" groups at 50 yds without training wheels, he'd have stacks of smallbore trophies.
He can't & he doesn't.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
MPBR.... “holdovers”... rimfires... elkhunternm....

Things that should never be allowed in Long Range Hunting threads.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

NOTHING teaches wind reading,like gunning a Rimfire beyond it's zero range.

Hint..............

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Hint..............

That’s like saying rubbing one out to a Katy Perry poster “teaches” you how to lay the pipe to a beautiful woman.... nothing wrong with a little .22lr masterbation.... just don’t try to convince everyone that it helps you actually get laid.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That’s like saying rubbing one out to a Katy Perry poster “teaches” you how to lay the pipe to a beautiful woman.... nothing wrong with a little .22lr masterbation.... just don’t try to convince everyone that it helps you actually get laid.

EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has to be a 2019 nominee for 24HC quote of the year !!

grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hint..............

There's much to be said for watching projectile flight,enroute to the target,as atmospheric feedback. Alas...not everyone can afford a High Zoot Rimfire,as you eloquently attest. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothin' wrong at ALL with a good, used 60 SanFranpimped with neon Krylon……………….

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

684 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,726
Posts18,475,896
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.