Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 87 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 86 87
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Strength training this AM - squat, bench, BB row, LTE, dips

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
brisk 5 miles on the trails with Tiny Elvis, while cold- at least the trails were well packed smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Last few days in the arms/hands jungle gym

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 miles on deep, snowy trails with Tiny Elvis- sadly the last day for 3-4 days, we go back into the freezer with forecast highs at 0

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Woke up to a bunch of snow yesterday so had to hit the gym. Did 100 floors on the stairmaster, ran a mile and walked a mile for cool down. Feeling it in the legs this morning!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
gym to strength train

squats 3/3/3+/10, bench 3/3/3+/10 70/80/90/70% 1RM, pull-ups 3x12, dips 3x30, core

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In negotiations <g> to buy a MTB..... a Specialized Chisel Comp.... excited at the workout possibilities it will open up. The severity of my prior head injury rules out any notions of single-track mayhem, but there's virtually unlimited old closed off logging roads in the nearby Coast Range to explore with tons of elevation gain/loss.

Wife and I are also in negotiations to go for a hike/walk. It's just vile outside. High 30's, windy, and dumping rain. We have this new Frog Toggs rain gear we want to try out though, so...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Woke up to a bunch of snow yesterday so had to hit the gym. Did 100 floors on the stairmaster, ran a mile and walked a mile for cool down. Feeling it in the legs this morning!

My workout today was a killer.. two bacon and egg sandwiches, on wheat!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
In negotiations <g> to buy a MTB..... a Specialized Chisel Comp.... excited at the workout possibilities it will open up. The severity of my prior head injury rules out any notions of single-track mayhem, but there's virtually unlimited old closed off logging roads in the nearby Coast Range to explore with tons of elevation gain/loss.

Wife and I are also in negotiations to go for a hike/walk. It's just vile outside. High 30's, windy, and dumping rain. We have this new Frog Toggs rain gear we want to try out though, so...

nice looking bike; I've looked hard at their Fat Boy, but still in looking mode smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it's "nice enough". I'm a total gearhead so I'm trying really hard not to go nuts; I'm just gonna be a middle-age duffer riding logging roads, after all. I rode a 2018 base-model Rockhopper last week, and it was shiny, almost-new, and cheap, but it was hard to get excited about the crappy components, etc. The Chisel is a mid-level build...much better components, better frame, also much lighter. The Rockshox air-spring fork is a biggie. Thou shalt not buy a bike with a junk suspension fork! Words to live by. smile

My road bike is badass. smile A racehorse for sure. Light as a feather, and the frame is highly refined. You can be carving a sweeping downhill corner at 35 mph and it feels like you are on a rail it tracks so precisely. Awesome.

My main impediment to getting this Chisel is picking it up. It's a 3-hour trip away, across the Cascades, and I'm slammed busy in the shop. I offered to send the seller a PMO deposit to hold it and he thought I was scamming him. I think I've got that resolved now but I'm gonna need to steal a day and go get the dang thing. These are different, much simpler, parts than I told you guys about prior, but these come in quantity. I pick up 300 of them Tuesday and it'll take a solid week to run them. A $2700 week though. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Strength this AM - squat, press, deads, BB curls
Snow removal tonight so unsure of treadmill time.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
well so much for going to the gym this evening- started the day with a little over an hour of shoveling, got home and shoveled for another hour; it's deep enough that I had to spend a lot of time knocking my berms down- I couldn't throw snow any higher- the joy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got a foot of snow overnight.... it was mayhem out in my woods, lost some trees for sure... stayed home, but we did put on the pac boots and walk a couple miles.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did cardio today, but got in a good hike on some packed trails up above Steamboat this weekend, we were up there for the bluegrass festival, it was schweet:

[Linked Image]

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
smoke- sounds like fun smile

Jeff- not so much

started the day out, just like the last- about an hour of shoveling, -11 w/ a windchill of -30; the joy never ends!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Assault treadmill: 30min
iSatori: Weights: Squats, lat pull downs, bent over rows, DB curls, incline BP.
Merlot, quick walk: 45minutes

Bluegrass you say? Sounds like a good time.

Jeff: Don't feel lonely with trees being down. We have an ash blight going on here. A whisper wind is bringing the dead ones down. Driving down the road and looking into the wood, it looks like they are timbering. They're not....Good thing is it is opening up the woods more than a little for new growth.

Last edited by battue; 02/26/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It was a good time. My favorite band did a separate show in a small venue, we were right up front. Seeing good musicians up close is always fun. That and the beer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by mtwarden

Jeff- not so much

started the day out, just like the last- about an hour of shoveling, -11 w/ a windchill of -30; the joy never ends!

Mike,
You shouldn’t have to shovel in the morning but probably again tomorrow night.
I’d head south but all the roads are closed!

Ed T

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Originally Posted by mtwarden

Jeff- not so much

Mike,
You shouldn’t have to shovel in the morning but probably again tomorrow night.
I’d head south but all the roads are closed!

nor tonight smile 6 miles on the dreadmill

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
It was a good time. My favorite band did a separate show in a small venue, we were right up front. Seeing good musicians up close is always fun. That and the beer.

You a groupie or with the band?

Who would be your favorite band?

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 13 of 87 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.