Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If you have the means to fix the leaks and floor you got one heck of a deal.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That was a steal for 800 bucks.....Very nice and no worries if you get a little mud on it....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Mold -25% chlorox bleach wash x2.

How long will the half bed be?

Please show more pics as it comes together.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
half bed is 30x75 . working on it now .will post pics again soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How'd you make out on the leaks?

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think I've got the leaks figured out,mostly around the front foldout door. ok,got the bed done last 2 days.

as you saw before I had it framed up out of square tubing. closed in the bottom with metal,sides are fiberglass panels from lowes,roof is rubber. it was just a matter of adding wood where I needed to ,studs,floor supports etc. I have buckets full of tex screws for metal so adding wood to metal was fairly easy. had a sheet of 9 ply finished cabinet grade plywood to go in the bottom ,ran it all the way out and screwed into the tubing on all 3 sides. used foam panels to insulate everywhere. 2 1/2" of foam in the ceiling ,3/4 walls.

white headed screws to put siding on . I used angles on all corners with stick weather stripping likes on mobile home windows . you get lots of screws showing but its water tight.

inside I just used stuff I already had,a sheet of oak luan on the back wall, ends are scraps I had left from paneling a bath room last year,ceiling is fiberglass panel like the outside.

trimmed it all out with trim I had left from jobs. it pays to save everything. the whole job has cost me about 120.00. the steel I used came from a few sets of truck racks a friend gave me last year. the floor replacement comes next. I even cut the name out of the door I took off and framed it out with metal and put it back on.it really dressed it up.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I picked up a single axle version of a camper like yours for $200. It had a leak in the roof that was easily fixed by doing new caulk around everything. The front bed leaked as well so I ripped off the canvas on the inside and sealed it shut permanently. Research turned up too many issues by too many people to keep chasing leaks on the front bed over time. I also found the membrane on the bottom came free in the front where it met the front wall behind the A frame from the hitch. It was allowing water to roll down the front and right in. The wood just wicked it in. Made the necessary repairs and fixed that leak. I had to pull the benches and cabinets to fix the floor and dry it out but the work was easy and cheap. At that time I did some remodeling by getting rid of stuff I'll never use and made more room for storage. The back bed hasn't been a problem but i rarley open it up as most of my camping is in cold weather and it easier to heat with it closed. Bought it for $200 put about $200 and 3 days of work into repairs and haven't had any issues for 4 years so far. The single axle is a bucking bronco but I'm sure your tandem axle will pull much better. Your project will definitely payoff nicely for you. Looks like a fun project and nice work being done. Double check the bottom membrane to make sure you dont have the same problem i had..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice work on the add-on. It does look nice with the logo transplanted to the back.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
kracker,i have checked mine and I don't see how it could leak on the bottom.

fireball2,yes I think the logo helped breakup the all white back.

thanks guys

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Check around the door and windows to see if they used this roll caulking. It's very common in older campers and has destroyed many of them by failing to seal. It leaks. If they used it in yours, you'll have to remove all the windows, door, hatch covers, etc. and recaulk them with something decent.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rock chuck, that caulk in a roll will actually work better on these flat walled newer campers then it did on the older rippled metal walls. The stuff never dries out,stays soft forever.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think one brand name for that product is "Mortite"

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like a worthy project to me. It'll be a nice unit and a helluva lot better than a tent or beating up an expensive unit on a tough hunting trip.

Good Buy IMO...

cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I always enjoy this kind of project,design and build is my favorite thing to do. So everything has worked out great.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well we’ve had 2 good rains and i cant find any leaks. Guess i’ll fix the floor soon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.