Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Trying to find a decent packaging/shipping tape that works in colder weather.. Everything I've tried to date doesn't stick well for long.. So I just found a "Contact us" number at Shurtech Brands (Duck ) and was, within about 5 seconds, talking to a very helpful lady (sounded like 50s-60s in age) who recommended a couple of different tapes.. Then she told me about two new ones they have, and offered to send me a roll of each (three total) to try out and see what works best.. She was very helpful, very very nice to speak to..

Damn.. In this day and age when every company has endless menus and recorded crap it was extremely refreshing to be able to speak to a human being - a human being who even spoke ENGLISH as a first language!!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gorilla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It does not get very cold in my area but so far Gorilla tape has worked perfectly.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Gorilla

This^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gorilla, go no further.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s surprising when we get decent customer service from someone that speaks English as their first language. I use PEMCO insurance and have been pleasantly surprised a couple of times when I called them. Every time I called it was answered by a real person that spoke English, no automated options just a real person. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Gorilla tape is good!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gorilla

Going to use in a series of boxes for Cookie's Christmas present next year. Will take her a half hour to beaver her way in.

1Minute
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Gorilla - carried me through several years in Kotzebue, above the Arctic Circle, when the '93 snow machine seat cover cracked like glass at 30 something below when I sat down on it. (It was my hot ass.....! smile Or, possibly, over 20 years of weather exposure made it brittle).

I put two layers on over the vinyl or whatever it is, crossing each other, and went over it with a heat gun. Peeled here and there a little edgewise but held up very well for several years.

Finally got around to ordering a new seat cover last winter and putting it on, along with a bunch of other repairs - about $1,000. all told. Guy has to do that every 20 years or so on those damned Bravos. I skipped the windscreen replacement.

The windscreen is still being held together with strips of Gorilla tape. I figured I'd just roll the thing (again) sooner or later anyway - 36" ski-base, vs the more stable 48"common on other machines. Bravos are nearly indestructable (I tried!). and l look over the top of the screen anyway.

Here you go, Lee: edit to add:

Just took this picture, here on the Kenai. This is the third winter for this "repair", compliments of a 6 foot deep blow-hole in an after-blizzard drift 3 years ago, in very flat light,(no definition), said hole being exactly as long and wide as the Bravo with almost perfectly perpendicular sides. I went straight forward through/over the screen....Good thing I had snowshoes with me to dig a ramp out with. Canceled the caribou hunt, as I was sweaty and pooped by the time I got the machine out, and the sled rehooked. Killed one on the 2 mile trip home anyway.

It's better to be lucky than good, and have a roll of Gorilla tape. And a thin 1" wide strip of aluminum for each side. As they say, necessity is a mother.....or something like that. That forward aluminum strip edge keeps bending out. I think I'd better Gorilla tape it..... smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by las; 02/26/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
And no, you may not look at my guns.... but not a one of them has Gorilla tape on it. smile

Last edited by las; 02/26/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This impressed me. Discussion of tape at 9:00 minutes.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I know for a fact that Gorilla duct tape can temporarily mend a canoe split on the rocks....

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I agree with the others, Gorilla tape is the schidt

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Yelp Gorilla Tape is very good and strong, I use it all the time for outdoor stuff.

There is another one out there called T-Rex that they claim is very strong, I have no clue about it?

NEVER GIVE UP
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gorilla tape is better.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Duck Tape is still the best for sealing quacks.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BIGR
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Yelp Gorilla Tape is very good and strong, I use it all the time for outdoor stuff.

There is another one out there called T-Rex that they claim is very strong, I have no clue about it?

I have the T-Rex tape too. It is also very good.Very comparable to gorilla tape.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is "duct" tape. Our Marine helicopter mechanics had something called "100 miles per hour" tape, that resembled duct tape. They used it to hold the helicopter body and blades together, so it was pretty strong, up to "100 mph." grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It got called "hundred mile an hour tape" cause everyone used it on the Bonneville salt flats to hold the bodies together! ..........actually worked up to 3 hundred miles an hour!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm a big fan of Frost King Interior/Exterior Clear Plastic Weather Seal Tape you can get at Home Depot for around 8 bucks for 100 feet x 2".

If you with Gorilla Tape, make sure you get the double-thick adhesive roll, twice the stickiness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.