-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Any pros, cons, real life experiences ? Pard is borrowing one this weekend, asked if I knew anything about them.🤷🏻‍♂️

New to me, but I know some of you boys get around

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
buddy of mine won one and i wanted to hate it. truth be told, that little fugger is a fine shooting little gun and shot the cheap ball ammo without a hitch. i'll probably end up with one.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That's what I have heard of them too

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It's about the only brand the shop I work at doesn't carry. Too many problems.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Appreciate the responses guys.

He’s borrowing one from a former Army Ranger co worker that seems to love the lil gun 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe he just got a good one.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not junk.
Not impressed either.

Big price difference, but there are better single stacks for concealment.
And the 365 is a better double stack.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
That's what I have heard of them too

😳 not from the net.

Originally Posted by rem141r
buddy of mine won one and i wanted to hate it. truth be told, that little fugger is a fine shooting little gun and shot the cheap ball ammo without a hitch. i'll probably end up with one.

Got one, won’t feed for sh*t. At least 2 FF per mag. Sccy sent me new mags when the originals decided to quit functioning the slide lock on last round. Still doesn’t feed for sh*t usually jams on the first and 5th rounds in a full mag, plus the trigger sucks.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know jack about 'em, but PSA has them on sale for $170 shipped: https://palmettostatearmory.com/sccy-cpx-2-9mm-stainless-steel-black-pistol-no-safety-cpx-2tt.html

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep he told me it’s a $200 gun. My first instinct. F that bet your life on a $200 gun ? No thanks.

Will see if he found time to shoot it as he got skunked on 4 beaver sets

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i wouldn't use to for CCW but it could be a hoot to shoot.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might be a decent boat gun. No great loss if it goes swimming.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
local gunshop I frequent sells the stew out of these things. They've never had any come back and all positive reviews. That being said...I still wouldn't bet my life on one. Would make a great tacklebox gun though or something to keep in the truck. If it gets lost or stolen, not out a whole lot.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked at them. They do sell like hot cakes at a Saturday morning fund raiser.

They have a fantastic warranty. I did not like the ergonomics of them

I ended up with 3 Taurus PT111 G2 Millennium pistols and I LOVE them

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve learned enough in this thread to know I won’t own one.

NRA Patron
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Do those of you who "wouldn't bet your life on one" (and other stupid stuff) have any real reasons why you don't like them?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dla
Do those of you who "wouldn't bet your life on one" (and other stupid stuff) have any real reasons why you don't like them?

I sure wouldn’t carry the damn thing. From above.

Got one, won’t feed for sh*t. At least 2 FF per mag. Sccy sent me new mags when the originals decided to quit functioning the slide lock on last round. Still doesn’t feed for sh*t usually jams on the first and 5th rounds in a full mag, plus the trigger sucks.

If it won’t fire even 5 rounds without a fail to feed jam, it’s not a carry gun.
It’s accurate and pleasant to shoot, sights are good but it just jams to damn much.

Last edited by Swifty52; 03/06/19.

Swifty
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by dla

no really like or dislike...basically why would you cheap out if you can get a smith shield 9mm for not much more than $250 otd? Heck, or even a ruger ec9 or lc9. They are the more proven guns in this price range.

Simply put, I can afford better and don't have to settle for a sccy to try to save 25 bucks or so.

Last edited by killerv; 03/06/19.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by dla

I sure wouldn’t carry the damn thing. From above.

If it won’t fire even 5 rounds without a fail to feed jam, it’s not a carry gun.
It’s accurate and pleasant to shoot, sights are good but it just jams to damn much.

Ok, but that is mostly because you're a noob and don't know jack about troubleshooting pistols. And you prefer to whine about it on this forum instead of taking advantage of the lifetime warranty.
Whenever I read reviews, I always weed out the dumbshlts first so that I can get a sense of legit issues.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting how some have to resort to being a keyboard commando and start throwing insults when they get told something they don’t want to hear.
If I am a snob because I wouldn’t depend my life on a gun that I know for a fact is prone to jams, then yes I am a first class fugging snob.
Whine nope, just stating the problems encountered and again obviously, you didn’t like to hear it.Still got it, still playing with it at times but it’s not a priority.
Since you would carry and depend on a weapon that has issues unresolved, then you are the dumbshit. Second thing that makes you a total dumbshit is your thought that you have the slightest fugging clue about me, my abilities or what correspondence and phone conversations I have had with SCCY concerning these issues. Which have been pleasant and helpful. But again not a priority at this time.

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.