-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Texas Hunting Forum classifieds has a Ruger #1 in 7x57 for sale.

It seems to me that someone here might be interested. It has some nice wood on it.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm sure you guys will have a blast a usual. I wish I was going, but now I'm glad I backed out. My dog was supposed to have surgery on his Achilles in November, but the week before the surgery was supposed to happen, my father-in-law suddenly passed away. So we canceled it. It wasn't until January when we rescheduled it for last Monday. He had the surgery and everything went well. Now we're up against a 12 week rehab and he's walking on a peg leg hard cast. To make things worse, we started with a complete kitchen remodel in January and it's not done yet as I suspected. So I still have no kitchen and a dog walking on a peg leg. What a clusterf^ck. If I had gone on this hunt, I would have come home with changed locks on the door and would have been sleeping in my truck. eek Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the loop in the future.

Man's best friend.
[Linked Image]

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll help you guys get jacked up with some pictures from some previous years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Father in Law, and the jacked up nature of your kitchen. Also sad to see your pooch in a cast. I'll drink one in your honor around the campfire, and we'll look forward to having you back in camp next year.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by northcountry
Folks I have a question if this is so dog gone much fun why is there only one of these going on? Why don't some one in the area of lots of hogs make arrangement with the same or another place where the excess participants could go and have some fun. Maybe at a slightly different time of the year so that people that have a scheduling conflict could still fit in on one or the other
and thus more can participate. It is just a thought and the people who operate these type of facilities could also profit. Just asking and I just might go myself. Cheers NC

I concur!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Gentlemen,
I do not pretend to understand all that there is to know about this situation, But I can tell you that I have been around it for several years. It started with some pig hunts (shoots) in Tennessee, which were ramrodded by a member here, and a good time was had even then. The location moved, after the first or second year, to another location in Tennessee, and continued for three or four more years there. Things changed, the wind blew in a different direction, and the group was forced to explore other options. Due to diligence on the part of one of our founding members, we re-located to a place in Texas. Since then, the trip has been stellar. Old hands look forward to breaking bread each year. New members are greeted like old friends. I can only make this suggestion: If you want to make something happen on a seperate week, then make it happen. Plan it, advertise it. Lots of folks would like to make one of these trips. Make it to Florida, South Carolina, Georgia or another Texas trip.

Whatever you do, don't let time get away from you! Get out and meet other Campfire Members. They are good people.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Gentlemen,
I do not pretend to understand all that there is to know about this situation, But I can tell you that I have been around it for several years. It started with some pig hunts (shoots) in Tennessee, which were ramrodded by a member here, and a good time was had even then. The location moved, after the first or second year, to another location in Tennessee, and continued for three or four more years there. Things changed, the wind blew in a different direction, and the group was forced to explore other options. Due to diligence on the part of one of our founding members, we re-located to a place in Texas. Since then, the trip has been stellar. Old hands look forward to breaking bread each year. New members are greeted like old friends. I can only make this suggestion: If you want to make something happen on a seperate week, then make it happen. Plan it, advertise it. Lots of folks would like to make one of these trips. Make it to Florida, South Carolina, Georgia or another Texas trip.

Whatever you do, don't let time get away from you! Get out and meet other Campfire Members. They are good people.

Wise words my friend!

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks like the weather will be awesome while we're there. No rain, mid-70's to 80's.
Bob

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Awards along with prizes will be given out

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
It's going to be epic!

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RGK
Looks like the weather will be awesome while we're there. No rain, mid-70's to 80's.
Bob

Remember last year? The last day it was over 90*. It's the first time in my life that I went hunting in shorts and a T- shirt. Matter of fact, when he dropped me off at my box, it was about 150* inside there and I took my shirt off for a while until I got it cooled down. Cold beer tastes good.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Gentlemen,

Totally agree - I'm been to a few of the Quemado gatherings, as well as the Tennessee Hog Hunts, and those were a fine event as well. The Hog Hunt is terrific, besides the great people and fun events, that you actually get to go down and harvest about as much pork as you want for 3 days.

A couple years ago I think someone on the Alaska Forum talked about a similar Group hunt, but for caribou in Alaska. I think there was concern about logistics, and safety with a bunch of newbies in the Alaskan bush, but it seemed damn interesting.

I'd suggest if someone wanted to do something similar - a gathering facility for the group, be it a large lodge or campground, with frequent shooting/hunting opportunity, and moderate cost per member and I think it could be a hit.

Suggestions:

Waterfowl/dove/quail
hogs/management whitetail deer
prairie dogs/predators
fishing - fresh or inshore salt water

just a thought...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bobby got pulled over.

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

Remember last year? The last day it was over 90*. It's the first time in my life that I went hunting in shorts and a T- shirt. Matter of fact, when he dropped me off at my box, it was about 150* inside there and I took my shirt off for a while until I got it cooled down. Cold beer tastes good.

Not unusual to find me wearing my summer time version of Texas Hill Country Summer-Time Cammo, between April and late November.

[Linked Image]

Killed a deer on December 19, 1969 IIRC it was 91 Degrees.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I'll help you guys get jacked up with some pictures from some previous years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hey Stone, the guy in the red flannel, in the third pic, I've seen before, decades ago, don't remember where, but I think he was U.S. Army. cool

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Ranger Green!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Ranger Green!

Dan, were you referring to my post? if so, HOLY SHEET, small world!

Trump Won!
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.