Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not asking for medical advice. Will be making an appointment tomorrow. Just wonder if anyone here has had something similar.

Have been having lower pelvic discomfort for a bit. Went to see the doc a few weeks ago. After the exam he thought I had an infected prostate and put me on an antibiotic course. He followed up last Monday as the discomfort hadden't gotten much better. We decided to stay on the course and follow up after the antibiotics are through if the discomfort is still there.

Then tonight I got quite a bit of blood in my urine. Something new.

Don't feel like I'm passing a stone, just mild discomfort in the lower bladder are. Anybody have something similar?

Carpe' Scrotum

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've had it a few times, and each time it was kidney stones.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a PSA done! I had same symptoms in 2007, and a sharp Doc ordered one that saved my life.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
PSA was done and well within normal.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GOOD!! wink

...and what Elk says below...

Last edited by luv2safari; 03/03/19.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
You need a good doc that is capable of ruling out bladder cancer, since you now have blood.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think a urologist and a camera up my pee pee is in my near future.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Your white count will reveal if the antibiotics used were the correct species to combat what was going on. Blood, if not stones in bladder or the kidney may still indicate an unresolved infection. The blood can sometimes be the result of epithelial shedding in the ureter or lower urethra sections.

Get them to also do a urine culture and see if they will entertain the idea of doing an extra long hold of 48+ to 5 days on the culture.

Most labs will blow you off with a 48hour simple dish.

Have them to also do a Large luekocyte with microscope count too.

If it comes back as just mixed flora, they will also try to blow it off as a contaminate sample or you didnt do the clean-catch, mid stream correctly.
If your colony forming units still say mixed flora, but are 50,000-100k - insist the they reevaluate the diagnosis and treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic of a slightly different species. (Cephalexin or also Cefdinir)

Unfortunately, two or more events may need to occur.
1. You may need a cystoscope up vienna
2. You may need a finger in the butt
3. You might request an ultrasound of your kidneys to check for hydronephrosis (swelling)

Have a renal panel done too with your blood draw. A combined CMB will get your bllod counts and renal panels

Additionally, they might should do an expanded ultrasound to check if your bladder is emptying completely.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I feel for you and I hope an easy fix. I’ve had prostate issues( three prostate biopsies) but no cancer. I know you are worried sick. The waiting between visits, tests, and waiting for results is excruciating.

Good luck, will say prayers for you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have had it several times. First as a young man; had a scope and they couldn't find a problem with the scope up the weenie to the kids.

Again: same/same.
Again: same/same

Mine was associated with jogging. I experimented and figured out that with an empty bladder,I had some sort of internal chaffing going on to the point of blood discharge.
Cure: I would leave my bladder somewhat filled before a run, and that prevented it. Never happened again.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys. Some of the simple stuff had been done, rectal digital exam, Will keep in mind the longer hold on the sample

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steve

Hope its a very small camera. Ive heard stories about you!

Hope you feel better.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Now that was just plain mean. Funny, but mean. smile

Peeing blood is never a good thing, even if it amounts to nothing serious, one needs to take it serious!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I had a fair bit of blood in my urine once back in my early - mid teens. In my case it turned out to be caused by what eventually was diagnosed as a severe kidney infection.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Mine turned out to be bladder cancer. Had it removed 5 years ago. Now cancer free. Get it checked. Don't wait. Doctor said if it had gotten out of the bladder I would not have made it a year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Steve

Hope its a very small camera. Ive heard stories about you!

Hope you feel better.

I don't know, mine was an "Alaska Medium" and the 10" OD scared the Hell out of me!

Mine was related to a couple hard falls playing basketball. I used to be able to get my ass off the ground a fair piece...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Get a PSA done! I had same symptoms in 2007, and a sharp Doc ordered one that saved my life.

I concur
There can be many reasons for blood to show up. Go see a urologist not a GP

Last edited by Roystu; 03/04/19.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Your white count will reveal if the antibiotics used were the correct species to combat what was going on. Blood, if not stones in bladder or the kidney may still indicate an unresolved infection. The blood can sometimes be the result of epithelial shedding in the ureter or lower urethra sections.

Get them to also do a urine culture and see if they will entertain the idea of doing an extra long hold of 48+ to 5 days on the culture.

Most labs will blow you off with a 48hour simple dish.

Have them to also do a Large luekocyte with microscope count too.

If it comes back as just mixed flora, they will also try to blow it off as a contaminate sample or you didnt do the clean-catch, mid stream correctly.
If your colony forming units still say mixed flora, but are 50,000-100k - insist the they reevaluate the diagnosis and treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic of a slightly different species. (Cephalexin or also Cefdinir)

Unfortunately, two or more events may need to occur.
1. You may need a cystoscope up vienna
2. You may need a finger in the butt
3. You might request an ultrasound of your kidneys to check for hydronephrosis (swelling)

Have a renal panel done too with your blood draw. A combined CMB will get your bllod counts and renal panels

Additionally, they might should do an expanded ultrasound to check if your bladder is emptying completely.

Gee S.L. You're smarter than I gave you credit for.

excellent post.

Steve, real good advise right here...

I had similar problems way back in 1987, it turned out to be a prostatic Cyst...
it finally cut off my urine flow...

I had surgery, and they removed 1/3 of my prostate, to remove the cyst.

22 yrs later (2009) I had my prostate removed due to prostatic CA starting, increased PSA.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don’t suppose you’ve been in the Tropics in the past year, else blood in the urine is a diagnostic symptom of parasitic flukes on one’s bladder. Near 100% rate in many places.

Hoping for the best outcome here.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,755 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,070
Posts18,501,478
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.