Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by Springcove
That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳

To much white trash thinking it's ok to raise a pit to be a bad azz to make up for their own insecurities. I've seen Pits and Rots so loving you'd think they were a cat..

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

But like Roger said, his WAS raised right and still turned on him. I'm sure many owners of pits that have attacked people unprovoked feel they raised them right.

I’ll just keep living life on the edge I suppose. If I had a middle name, it would be DANGER.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

To much white trash thinking it's ok to raise a pit to be a bad azz to make up for their own insecurities. I've seen Pits and Rots so loving you'd think they were a cat..

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

But like Roger said, his WAS raised right and still turned on him. I'm sure many owners of pits that have attacked people unprovoked feel they raised them right.

Roger made one mistake, he didn't put the dog down the first time it bit him. Pits as with any other dog can go bad and there are always warnings, but dog owners tend to make excuses for their dog so they don't have to do what they know needs to be done.

We have a little 12 lb male shih tzu and he constantly challenges me for the Alpha role in my house and every once in awhile I have to give him a serious adjustment and he falls in line until the next time. now if he was a pit I would have put a bullet in him a long time ago but he's only 12 lbs so he's pretty easy to handle.

He also bosses my 50 lb AST around like he's 300lbs of bad ass shih tzu.

My AST is the most loving loyal dog I have ever had or seen that includes Golden's and labs, I've had them all and I'm going to stick with AST's.

AST's and Pits are not dogs for everyone, German Shepard's, Cane Corso's, Rott's, Doberman's, Ect are not dogs for everyone and if you're not interested in putting in the time or work for any one of the larger breeds then you should probably just get a Yorkie.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That’s what my pit is like. A true lover bucket focused on her people. I’ve had Golden’s and beagles before Penny and have no desire after Penny to go back to them. Penny leaves them in the dust and she makes a good home security system to boot.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That’s what my pit is like. A true lover bucket focused on her people. I’ve had Golden’s and beagles before Penny and have no desire after Penny to go back to them. Penny leaves them in the dust and she makes a good home security system to boot.

I hope that Penny stays nice to her people.

Sincerely.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Roger made one mistake, he didn't put the dog down the first time it bit him. Pits as with any other dog can go bad and there are always warnings, but dog owners tend to make excuses for their dog so they don't have to do what they know needs to be done.

We have a little 12 lb male shih tzu and he constantly challenges me for the Alpha role in my house and every once in awhile I have to give him a serious adjustment and he falls in line until the next time. now if he was a pit I would have put a bullet in him a long time ago but he's only 12 lbs so he's pretty easy to handle.

He also bosses my 50 lb AST around like he's 300lbs of bad ass shih tzu.

My AST is the most loving loyal dog I have ever had or seen that includes Golden's and labs, I've had them all and I'm going to stick with AST's.

AST's and Pits are not dogs for everyone, German Shepard's, Cane Corso's, Rott's, Doberman's, Ect are not dogs for everyone and if you're not interested in putting in the time or work for any one of the larger breeds then you should probably just get a Yorkie.

You should put a treble hook through that little dog and go musky fishing. lol

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You should put a treble hook through that little dog and go musky fishing. lol

I've tried, the fish are scared of him..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Had a walmart cashier tell me [just out of the blue] - did I hear about the Husky tearing a boys hand off - he stuck his hand inside the cage the Husky was in . Told her no I hadn't - she immediately started naming off all the dogs that were far more dangerous than Pits . The list was long - I said - let me guess you have a pitbull - Yes - he's a big teddybear and would never hurt anybody . I told her to google dogbite stats. , older couple in line behind me smiled in amusement as she explained how pooples bite people all the time - I told to research which breed kills the most people - you'll figure it out if you want to .

Easily found ,

What breed of dog bites the most often?
Based on data regarding dog attacks in the U.S. and Canada between 1982 and 2014, the dogs most likely to bite humans are:
Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs.
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I had to stop going to my favorite country vet due to pits. That would be all that was in the waiting rooms and the redneck white trash folks discussing breeding and all that nonsense. He had the best deal in town on ear clippings but realized it was actually hurting business and went way up on the prices for it...cut a lot of that mess out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Had a walmart cashier tell me [just out of the blue] - did I hear about the Husky tearing a boys hand off - he stuck his hand inside the cage the Husky was in . Told her no I hadn't - she immediately started naming off all the dogs that were far more dangerous than Pits . The list was long - I said - let me guess you have a pitbull - Yes - he's a big teddybear and would never hurt anybody . I told her to google dogbite stats. , older couple in line behind me smiled in amusement as she explained how pooples bite people all the time - I told to research which breed kills the most people - you'll figure it out if you want to .

Easily found ,

Based on data regarding dog attacks in the U.S. and Canada between 1982 and 2014, the dogs most likely to bite humans are:
Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas

There must be a lot of people that absolutely have no business owning any of the highlighted breeds

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Easily found ,

Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas

There must be a lot of people that absolutely have no business owning any of the highlighted breeds

Well of coarse there are - the cashier informed me that Boxers were the most dangerous dog breed - LAF ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first thought was Glock to the base of the head.

Arcus Venator
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Easily found ,

Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas

Well of coarse there are - the cashier informed me that Boxers were the most dangerous dog breed - LAF ...

Mike, I have only been bitten by one dog in my entire life and it was a Brittany Spaniel. The worst dog bit I have ever seen was a friend who almost lost a leg because of a Doberman , a dog not even on that list.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I agree with you OEH and ol Mike, laughable that a cashier is giving anyone advice on anything, getting bit by a dog in a cage is as stupid as getting bit by a dog on a chain run, "we really can see where they can go, and where they cant" wink

The boy sticking his hand in the cage is another parental failure.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Sincerely.

Thanks, Rooster. That’s nice of you to say. I’m confident she won’t be a problem. I knew what’s pits were capable of (strength, tenacity, drive) before I got her. Biting and holding on to what they were biting is what they were bred for. In Penny’s case, I know both of her parents and they too are sweeties. Right now, Penny and I are best buds and I hope it stays that way, but if something changes I understand that a dog with that physical capacity cannot be kept if it becomes aggressive.

Penny and Buzz the beagle. Buzz belongs to my sister and was partially raised by Penny as a pup. In this picture they both have the same ball in their mouth. Penny will be 8 in August.

Edit** Well, I was going to post a pic but the having trouble.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 03/06/19.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What made you want to own a dog that is bred for killing?

And why do you think those genes aren't a huge part of that dogs makeup?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Sincerely.

Thanks, Rooster. That’s nice of you to say. I’m confident she won’t be a problem. I knew what’s pits were capable of (strength, tenacity, drive) before I got her. Biting and holding on to what they were biting is what they were bred for. In Penny’s case, I know both of her parents and they too are sweeties. Right now, Penny and I are best buds and I hope it stays that way, but if something changes I understand that a dog with that physical capacity cannot be kept if it becomes aggressive.

Penny and Buzz the beagle. Buzz belongs to my sister and was partially raised by Penny as a pup. In this picture they both have the same ball in their mouth. Penny will be 8 in August.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/M...F6E_zpspaah7kr8.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=2

I just noticed your sig line and about spit my coffee all over the keyboard. lmao

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave

A lot of breeds were developed for some aggressive behavior. To me, it’s a matter of accepting the breed for what it is and training/raising it accordingly. Having said that, when the breed was being developed the breeders wanted traits like high pain tolerance, strength, tenacity. I think a lot of the pits and any dog really that acts aggressive toward people are likely not receiving the amount and kind of human and animal interaction they need to keep their heads straight. Pits are known for their energy and drive. Penny will fetch a ball as many times as you will throw it and cuddle with you when she’s sleepy. If I left her in the back yard to her own devices all the time, she would be a different animal.

If you’re going to have a breed like this, I think you have to be the alpha. Obedience and discipline are paramount. Penny is bulletproof on commands like come, no and drop it. And she gets lots of attention from me, my wife, our friends and family. My dad is a retired cop and his words, “I thought you had rocks in your head when you told me your we’re bringing home a pit bull.” Now, I’m pretty sure Dad likes Penny more than he likes me.

I’m not denying her genetics. Just the opposite really. I acknowledge them and give her healthy ways to express them.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
And I wanted her because her parents are great dogs. I like the idea of a courageous, strong dog that is also my best buddy. It’s been a great ride for the last 7 plus years.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by deflave

A lot of breeds were developed for some aggressive behavior. To me, it’s a matter of accepting the breed for what it is and training/raising it accordingly. Having said that, when the breed was being developed the breeders wanted traits like high pain tolerance, strength, tenacity. I think a lot of the pits and any dog really that acts aggressive toward people are likely not receiving the amount and kind of human and animal interaction they need to keep their heads straight. Pits are known for their energy and drive. Penny will fetch a ball as many times as you will throw it and cuddle with you when she’s sleepy. If I left her in the back yard to her own devices all the time, she would be a different animal.

If you’re going to have a breed like this, I think you have to be the alpha. Obedience and discipline are paramount. Penny is bulletproof on commands like come, no and drop it. And she gets lots of attention from me, my wife, our friends and family. My dad is a retired cop and his words, “I thought you had rocks in your head when you told me your we’re bringing home a pit bull.” Now, I’m pretty sure Dad likes Penny more than he likes me.

I’m not denying her genetics. Just the opposite really. I acknowledge them and give her healthy ways to express them.

you didn't answer the first question

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Good luck.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,285
Posts18,486,876
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.