Home
Mailman’s attack caught on camera

https://www.foxnews.com/us/postal-w...-dog-attack-in-detroit-captured-on-video
I like the WWF trashcan slam
I thought more of those inner city folks had guns. That dog needed a bullet!
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

A bullet may have been the only thing that could have stopped it.
That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳
Even a knife would have helped.
Laughing at the spatula person
Probably uses it to beat the kids with on the ready 😄
Strange that pit bull and pit bull crossbreeds are the most numerous species up for adoption at our local area dog pounds . Gotta be a reason for this.
that lady was inhumanely treating that dog with a broom handle. did y'all see how hard she was bashing that dog?
My little baby is half pit and the most gentle thing ever. Just in how treated.
Nothing wrong with pit bulls, if the anti-pit folks had their way you'd only be allowed to own Pomeranians, Shih Tzus and Yorkies.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by papat

mine was treated right and still turned on me.
Originally Posted by Goosey
Nothing wrong with pit bulls, if the anti-pit folks had their way you'd only be allowed to own Pomeranians, Shih Tzus and Yorkies.

It’s nice to get input from the morons too.

[Linked Image]

thats not a pit bull.... its mixed with some other bully breed.
Ive been gone for some time. What happened with your dog, STX? Mine is still doing great.

[img]http://rs1198.pbsrc.com/albums/aa44...dvwbnz.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip[/img]
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Ive been gone for some time. What happened with your dog, STX? Mine is still doing great.

[img]http://rs1198.pbsrc.com/albums/aa44...dvwbnz.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip[/img]

he turned on me i had to chock him, got 4 pins in one finger and a lot of stitches in my other fingers, he's dead.
I need more unicorns that are white.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Awe hell Fatcity67 ,,Poosey was trying to pretend he was a pitbull guy and you ruined his ruse .

Try again Poosey sooner or later you might get something half right - doubtful maybe a quater right .
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

A knife is always handy - haven't seen much that could withstand a slit-throat , then I'd cut it's eyeballs out .

Good sharp knife could have that dogs guts falling out. He would probably stop real fast like
That's where I would try to use it,. throat has to much skin to loose to cut easy, a stab in the ribs isn't good if you hit a bone and your hand slids down the blade, but the stomach is soft with thin skin with not much if any hair to interfere with the blade.
Silly Negros. You can only laugh at how that was handled.

Pit bulls are shoot on sight in my neck of the woods
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Awe hell Fatcity67 ,,Poosey was trying to pretend he was a pitbull guy and you ruined his ruse .

Try again Poosey sooner or later you might get something half right - doubtful maybe a quater right .

You didn't expect anything but lies out of him did you?
Originally Posted by Quak
Silly Negros. You can only laugh at how that was handled.

The old woman with the broom fought the dog the hardest. She even tried to pry his jaws with that broom handle.
That black dude is one of the biggest pussies I've ever seen. W4B nailed it the old gal was tough.
Originally Posted by Springcove

To much white trash thinking it's ok to raise a pit to be a bad azz to make up for their own insecurities. I've seen Pits and Rots so loving you'd think they were a cat..
The Dog Breed of Pieces strikes again.

Originally Posted by Shag

To much white trash thinking it's ok to raise a pit to be a bad azz to make up for their own insecurities. I've seen Pits and Rots so loving you'd think they were a cat..

I could say the same for muslims

I play the odds

Thanks for the chuckle!
Graphic video

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kMFF7_1551740367
Shoot to kill...
Sitting in the CAR squealing like a sissy girl... how about put it in D and run over that dog? unreal!
Originally Posted by 700LH
Graphic video

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem:

That... is disturbing.
I need more unicorns that are white.

Goosey gofuckyourself dumbass!
I made a mistake in the above post, here’s the correction

Hey gooseshit, gofuckyourself!
I wouldn't have expected that from the Breed of Peace.
Dude had The Club in his car.

I can't believe they still make those.
Someone seriously needed a gun.

[Linked Image]

The perception has to be by people who would put a kid in the situation pictured is that dogs are like people; capable of reason,,logic and introspection. They are not, dogs act on impulse without pondering where that impulse came from.

If we accept that dogs are selectively bred wolves, two things in that photo worry me. If the dog equates that little kid to a puppy, the alpha female in a wolf pack ordinarily kills any pups born to lower rank females. There is no indication that the alpha female reasons this thing through as to why they kill those puppies, they are wired to do it so they do.

OTOH if the dog perceives that kid as just another member of the pack, in wolves only the alpha male and female get to breed, furthermore low-ranking pack members are at the far end of the chow line and the first to starve in times of shortage. In short, among wolves there’s a powerful biological imperative to climb the pecking order, again the individual wolves don’t ponder why they do this.

Obviously this impulse has to be largely bred out of dogs else we would physically have to assert dominance over even a miniature poodle almost every day, but any dog owner who ain’t laboring under the delusion that dogs are just little people will tell you the pack order drive is still there.

The person who set that kid in that bathtub with that dog is an absolute f’ing moron.

JMHO of course.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

mine was treated right and still turned on me.

Hey Gooosey you schitthead, listen to this man.
That many negros and not one gun among em.....what's this world coming to?
My girls love dogs, I don’t let them near those dogs when we see them.
One of our old neighbors had one and it attacked 2 other dogs that were walking on the sidewalk (at different times).
Both times it came thru a closed screen door.
2nd time the dog went away and didn’t come back.
Sorry that happened, man. Hope your hands healed up okay.
Its funny when all the trashy facebook moms posts pics of their babies and kids next to the family pit bull just to show the rest of us how gentle they are.

I think I mentioned before they were picking up pieces of scalp from a 5yo the next street over from me when a pitbull got a hold of him. Gentle breed for sure.

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.
I'd have killed that dog. Hands, feet, twist its head to break its neck. Whatever with whatever I had. I ever see one in the woods it stays in the woods. I have a young child and that [bleep] scares the daylights out of me. The only good pitbull is a dead pitbull as far as I am concerned.
Originally Posted by killerv
Its funny when all the trashy facebook moms posts pics of their babies and kids next to the family pit bull just to show the rest of us how gentle they are.

I think I mentioned before they were picking up pieces of scalp from a 5yo the next street over from me when a pitbull got a hold of him. Gentle breed for sure.

The breed attracts a lot of trashy people, no doubt about it. Sorry that happened to your boy. I hope the owners got what was coming to them.
Originally Posted by deflave
Dude had The Club in his car.

I can't believe they still make those.

I wouldn’t be surprised that every club ever made is still a club. Those things are stout.
In that situation I wonder if stepping around to the rear of the dog and punting its nutsack for the endzone would cause it to let go?
Originally Posted by killerv

The breed attracts a lot of trashy people, no doubt about it. Sorry that happened to your boy. I hope the owners got what was coming to them.

wasn't my boy, the owners maid had brought her grandson over while she was cleaning. The owner thought the kid looked bored and he took him outside to play with the dog. Didn't go so well. Owner literally moved out within a couple weeks and just left the house sitting empty. I guess it was guilt or whatever. House sold a couple years later, yard was looking rough at that point if you could imagine. Walked past that yard many a times with my boys with nothing but a chainlink fence between us and that dog.
The dude with the 4lb hammer shoulda flattened that dog's head for him.

Use the club on the owner.
Check with your home insurance company. Mine (American Family) will not cover a homeowner for liability if they have a pit bull. That sure looked like a lead hammer that guy was waling that dog with and one between the eyes for as hard as he was swinging should have done the trick. I was pretty surprised to see that dog still upright in the later part of that video. The daughter has a pit (a sucker for a rescue puppy) and it always gives the family second thoughts about bringing the grand kids over there. Pointers point, beagles chase stuff and guard dogs bite people. Dr. sis has nothing positive to say about raising little kids with dogs because the bites are usually head and neck and serious.

[Linked Image]

Where to you live, goosey? I want to report you to child Services.
FUGG YEAH, detroit, gun control saving lives, AND mail carriers! crazy
That dog whooped the whole neighborhood.
It would be a pleasure to watch the brains of that dog splatter all over the street. Then piss on it and start it on fire.

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any YET. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

Fixed it
Originally Posted by Quak
Shoot to kill...

I’ve let the air out of 3 in the past 6 months that found their way across the woods to my place. No regrets.

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

But like Roger said, his WAS raised right and still turned on him. I'm sure many owners of pits that have attacked people unprovoked feel they raised them right.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
That many negros and not one gun among em.....what's this world coming to?

Nobody wanted to risk the parole violation.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

But like Roger said, his WAS raised right and still turned on him. I'm sure many owners of pits that have attacked people unprovoked feel they raised them right.

I’ll just keep living life on the edge I suppose. If I had a middle name, it would be DANGER.

Roger made one mistake, he didn't put the dog down the first time it bit him. Pits as with any other dog can go bad and there are always warnings, but dog owners tend to make excuses for their dog so they don't have to do what they know needs to be done.

We have a little 12 lb male shih tzu and he constantly challenges me for the Alpha role in my house and every once in awhile I have to give him a serious adjustment and he falls in line until the next time. now if he was a pit I would have put a bullet in him a long time ago but he's only 12 lbs so he's pretty easy to handle.

He also bosses my 50 lb AST around like he's 300lbs of bad ass shih tzu.

My AST is the most loving loyal dog I have ever had or seen that includes Golden's and labs, I've had them all and I'm going to stick with AST's.

AST's and Pits are not dogs for everyone, German Shepard's, Cane Corso's, Rott's, Doberman's, Ect are not dogs for everyone and if you're not interested in putting in the time or work for any one of the larger breeds then you should probably just get a Yorkie.
That’s what my pit is like. A true lover bucket focused on her people. I’ve had Golden’s and beagles before Penny and have no desire after Penny to go back to them. Penny leaves them in the dust and she makes a good home security system to boot.
That’s what my pit is like. A true lover bucket focused on her people. I’ve had Golden’s and beagles before Penny and have no desire after Penny to go back to them. Penny leaves them in the dust and she makes a good home security system to boot.

I hope that Penny stays nice to her people.

Sincerely.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Roger made one mistake, he didn't put the dog down the first time it bit him. Pits as with any other dog can go bad and there are always warnings, but dog owners tend to make excuses for their dog so they don't have to do what they know needs to be done.

We have a little 12 lb male shih tzu and he constantly challenges me for the Alpha role in my house and every once in awhile I have to give him a serious adjustment and he falls in line until the next time. now if he was a pit I would have put a bullet in him a long time ago but he's only 12 lbs so he's pretty easy to handle.

He also bosses my 50 lb AST around like he's 300lbs of bad ass shih tzu.

My AST is the most loving loyal dog I have ever had or seen that includes Golden's and labs, I've had them all and I'm going to stick with AST's.

AST's and Pits are not dogs for everyone, German Shepard's, Cane Corso's, Rott's, Doberman's, Ect are not dogs for everyone and if you're not interested in putting in the time or work for any one of the larger breeds then you should probably just get a Yorkie.

You should put a treble hook through that little dog and go musky fishing. lol
You should put a treble hook through that little dog and go musky fishing. lol

I've tried, the fish are scared of him..........
Had a walmart cashier tell me [just out of the blue] - did I hear about the Husky tearing a boys hand off - he stuck his hand inside the cage the Husky was in . Told her no I hadn't - she immediately started naming off all the dogs that were far more dangerous than Pits . The list was long - I said - let me guess you have a pitbull - Yes - he's a big teddybear and would never hurt anybody . I told her to google dogbite stats. , older couple in line behind me smiled in amusement as she explained how pooples bite people all the time - I told to research which breed kills the most people - you'll figure it out if you want to .

Easily found ,

What breed of dog bites the most often?
Based on data regarding dog attacks in the U.S. and Canada between 1982 and 2014, the dogs most likely to bite humans are:
Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs.
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas.
I had to stop going to my favorite country vet due to pits. That would be all that was in the waiting rooms and the redneck white trash folks discussing breeding and all that nonsense. He had the best deal in town on ear clippings but realized it was actually hurting business and went way up on the prices for it...cut a lot of that mess out.
Had a walmart cashier tell me [just out of the blue] - did I hear about the Husky tearing a boys hand off - he stuck his hand inside the cage the Husky was in . Told her no I hadn't - she immediately started naming off all the dogs that were far more dangerous than Pits . The list was long - I said - let me guess you have a pitbull - Yes - he's a big teddybear and would never hurt anybody . I told her to google dogbite stats. , older couple in line behind me smiled in amusement as she explained how pooples bite people all the time - I told to research which breed kills the most people - you'll figure it out if you want to .

Easily found ,

Based on data regarding dog attacks in the U.S. and Canada between 1982 and 2014, the dogs most likely to bite humans are:
Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas

There must be a lot of people that absolutely have no business owning any of the highlighted breeds
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Easily found ,

Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas

There must be a lot of people that absolutely have no business owning any of the highlighted breeds

Well of coarse there are - the cashier informed me that Boxers were the most dangerous dog breed - LAF ...
My first thought was Glock to the base of the head.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Easily found ,

Pit bulls.
Rottweilers.
Pit bull mixes.
German shepherds.
Bullmastiffs
Wolf hybrids.
Huskies.
Akitas

Well of coarse there are - the cashier informed me that Boxers were the most dangerous dog breed - LAF ...

Mike, I have only been bitten by one dog in my entire life and it was a Brittany Spaniel. The worst dog bit I have ever seen was a friend who almost lost a leg because of a Doberman , a dog not even on that list.
I agree with you OEH and ol Mike, laughable that a cashier is giving anyone advice on anything, getting bit by a dog in a cage is as stupid as getting bit by a dog on a chain run, "we really can see where they can go, and where they cant" wink

The boy sticking his hand in the cage is another parental failure.

Sincerely.

Thanks, Rooster. That’s nice of you to say. I’m confident she won’t be a problem. I knew what’s pits were capable of (strength, tenacity, drive) before I got her. Biting and holding on to what they were biting is what they were bred for. In Penny’s case, I know both of her parents and they too are sweeties. Right now, Penny and I are best buds and I hope it stays that way, but if something changes I understand that a dog with that physical capacity cannot be kept if it becomes aggressive.

Penny and Buzz the beagle. Buzz belongs to my sister and was partially raised by Penny as a pup. In this picture they both have the same ball in their mouth. Penny will be 8 in August.

Edit** Well, I was going to post a pic but the having trouble.
What made you want to own a dog that is bred for killing?

And why do you think those genes aren't a huge part of that dogs makeup?

Sincerely.

Thanks, Rooster. That’s nice of you to say. I’m confident she won’t be a problem. I knew what’s pits were capable of (strength, tenacity, drive) before I got her. Biting and holding on to what they were biting is what they were bred for. In Penny’s case, I know both of her parents and they too are sweeties. Right now, Penny and I are best buds and I hope it stays that way, but if something changes I understand that a dog with that physical capacity cannot be kept if it becomes aggressive.

Penny and Buzz the beagle. Buzz belongs to my sister and was partially raised by Penny as a pup. In this picture they both have the same ball in their mouth. Penny will be 8 in August.

http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/M...F6E_zpspaah7kr8.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=2

I just noticed your sig line and about spit my coffee all over the keyboard. lmao

A lot of breeds were developed for some aggressive behavior. To me, it’s a matter of accepting the breed for what it is and training/raising it accordingly. Having said that, when the breed was being developed the breeders wanted traits like high pain tolerance, strength, tenacity. I think a lot of the pits and any dog really that acts aggressive toward people are likely not receiving the amount and kind of human and animal interaction they need to keep their heads straight. Pits are known for their energy and drive. Penny will fetch a ball as many times as you will throw it and cuddle with you when she’s sleepy. If I left her in the back yard to her own devices all the time, she would be a different animal.

If you’re going to have a breed like this, I think you have to be the alpha. Obedience and discipline are paramount. Penny is bulletproof on commands like come, no and drop it. And she gets lots of attention from me, my wife, our friends and family. My dad is a retired cop and his words, “I thought you had rocks in your head when you told me your we’re bringing home a pit bull.” Now, I’m pretty sure Dad likes Penny more than he likes me.

I’m not denying her genetics. Just the opposite really. I acknowledge them and give her healthy ways to express them.
And I wanted her because her parents are great dogs. I like the idea of a courageous, strong dog that is also my best buddy. It’s been a great ride for the last 7 plus years.

A lot of breeds were developed for some aggressive behavior. To me, it’s a matter of accepting the breed for what it is and training/raising it accordingly. Having said that, when the breed was being developed the breeders wanted traits like high pain tolerance, strength, tenacity. I think a lot of the pits and any dog really that acts aggressive toward people are likely not receiving the amount and kind of human and animal interaction they need to keep their heads straight. Pits are known for their energy and drive. Penny will fetch a ball as many times as you will throw it and cuddle with you when she’s sleepy. If I left her in the back yard to her own devices all the time, she would be a different animal.

If you’re going to have a breed like this, I think you have to be the alpha. Obedience and discipline are paramount. Penny is bulletproof on commands like come, no and drop it. And she gets lots of attention from me, my wife, our friends and family. My dad is a retired cop and his words, “I thought you had rocks in your head when you told me your we’re bringing home a pit bull.” Now, I’m pretty sure Dad likes Penny more than he likes me.

I’m not denying her genetics. Just the opposite really. I acknowledge them and give her healthy ways to express them.

you didn't answer the first question
Good luck.

[Linked Image]

There's plenty wrong with pit bulls. They are ill suited as pets for 99% of the population.

What made you want to own a pit bull, Travis?
Originally Posted by sse

Check my above response. While I have no problem explaining this, I can’t help but feel like the question is similar to “why do you want a car that goes 150 mph?” or a “rifle that holds a 30 rd magazine?”
Originally Posted by sse

Check my above response. While I have no problem explaining this, I can’t help but feel like the question is similar to “why do you want a car that goes 150 mph?” or a “rifle that holds a 30 rd magazine?”

Your comparison is absurd.
And I wanted her because her parents are great dogs. I like the idea of a courageous, strong dog that is also my best buddy. It’s been a great ride for the last 7 plus years.

I have absolutely no doubt mine would give her life up for me if it was needed, I also have no doubt she'll give up her life protecting my grand daughters as well, I've seen her protect them already from what she perceived as a threat to them. (stray dog)

One needs to be able to tell the difference between something that can act on its own and what can't.
The only reason for those SOB dogs would be for Hornady to do ballistics testing

We had two in the last 4 months outside family member with Pit BS

One had an issue with one of the 3 but just separated them a year later put them back together and 2 teamed up on one and they only put one down dumb move

The second my Step daughter said she was rolling her eyes in the car when I made a negative comment about pits not 2 weeks later her cousins locked on to her hand while she was walking by
I think she gets it now

Just watch any judge show the fuggers attack and the owners will NOT take responsibility

I know these are evil period
Hank
The folks in the video may not be trained killers but I give them credit for not running and stepping it to do what they could

I just wish they could have done more quicker the knife in the guts sounds about the best
if no gun is available
Hank
Originally Posted by spud06
Originally Posted by sse

Of course I understand the difference between an inanimate object and a dog. However, you are much more likely to be killed by an otherwise law-abiding citizen who happens to be speeding or driving under the influence than by a pit bull, or any other dog for that matter.

One needs to be able to tell the difference between something that can act on its own and what can't.

How many people do you know personally who have died in a car accident? And how many from pit bulls? The difference between a car and a dog is obvious. But even goood people make stupid decisions when they are behind the wheel. I love cars, guns, and dogs. I’m a responsible owner of all of those things. Isn’t freedom a wonderful thing?

Until it's not.

I hope you don't have young children, or any children, grandkids, neighbors.

How many people do you know personally who have died in a car accident? And how many from pit bulls? The difference between a car and a dog is obvious. But even goood people make stupid decisions when they are behind the wheel. I love cars, guns, and dogs. I’m a responsible owner of all of those things. Isn’t freedom a wonderful thing?

Retards are always smiling, oblivious to reality

Outlandish comparison... vehicles are required... pits are not.

And I have personally seen thousands of times as many vehicle as I have pits.

I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

Probably the exact same thing the guy that just got killed by his pet lion said.

Wow! You really have gotten in touch with that other side! Hope you gave Penny enough Participation Trophies to maintain her self-esteem while growing up!
Jeffery watch this,,

Wow, that was as gruesome as a pit bull attack!
Pretty sure someone is just having fun getting folks stired up

No one can believe what is being said
Hank
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

A bullet may have been the only thing that could have stopped it.
Or a cat...

Interesting. I always concluded that staemtents like yours showed lacking inteligence. Go figure. One thing is for sure, if I was going to get my panties in a twist it wouldn’t be in an online discussion about dogs with a total stranger. Different strokes...
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Wow! You really have gotten in touch with that other side! Hope you gave Penny enough Participation Trophies to maintain her self-esteem while growing up!

Another genius. In reality, she’s not much on treats or trophies. Gets fed twice a day and has a water dish.. And yes, pets and play. It’s tough to keep up with, reallly. Wears me out.

Had one to attack my grandson in the yard. Killed that dog where he stood...Those that have these you had better hope that your dog doesn't seriously harm or kill someone. Juries award many many many tens of thousands for negligent ownership. Not sure about all states, but in a good many the pet owner is 100% responsible for ol he's "just a big ol babies" actions..
Originally Posted by ammoman16

I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

Probably the exact same thing the guy that just got killed by his pet lion said.

Bruh, were talking about dogs here, not cats. If your house cat weighed 100 pounds it would eat you. This is tough conversation with lots of reading, so try to keep up. And for the record, [bleep] cats.
Originally Posted by Highoctane

Had one to attack my grandson in the yard. Killed that dog where he stood...Those that have these you had better hope that your dog doesn't seriously harm or kill someone. Juries award many many many tens of thousands for negligent ownership. Not sure about all states, but in a good many the pet owner is 100% responsible for ol he's "just a big ol babies" actions..

Couldn’t agree more. If you’re not responsible enough to own something, you shouldn’t have it. And if you’re responsible for someone getting hurt, prepare to pay the piper.

Another genius. In reality, she’s not much on treats or trophies. Gets fed twice a day and has a water dish.. And yes, pets and play. It’s tough to keep up with, reallly. Wears me out.

Nice, touchy feely...

Your comparison is absurd.[/quote]

Of course I understand the difference between an inanimate object and a dog. However, you are much more likely to be killed by an otherwise law-abiding citizen who happens to be speeding or driving under the influence than by a pit bull, or any other dog for that matter. [/quote]

There are a few things from this discussion that I would hope you would consider carefully; 1) Unless little Penny is in a locked cage, you NEVER have complete control over that dog, no matter what you think. 2) I'm guessing most people here don't much care if the dog turns on you. I mean we would probably feel bad, but you are an adult and you are free to make you own decisions and I respect that. However, your arguments about cars, guns, etc. causing more deaths might be OK for your personal risk management/risk exposure decisions, but you seem to disregard the exposure you're projecting to family, kids, visitors at your house, etc. I believe that is where most folks here have an issue. So what I get out of your argument is that you are OK exposing other humans to an unnecessary high risk situation. Just because you are "responsible enough to pay the piper" if something goes wrong, doesn't change the fact that some child may lose their life. But, I guess your OK with that as long as you have enough home owner's insurance. I'm sure you love your dog...we all do. Personally, if I found myself in your situation, that dog would be crated anytime someone else was in the house. I would spend a lot of time one-on-one with her (sounds like you do) in a controlled area, make sure is spayed, and never get another one. If she lives long enough for her eyes to start failing, then you have more risk to deal with. Good luck.

Bruh, were talking about dogs here, not cats. If your house cat weighed 100 pounds it would eat you. This is tough conversation with lots of reading, so try to keep up. And for the record, [bleep] cats.

If you are too dense to see the parallels of keeping a pet that is capable of killing a human if it sees fit, then it's you that's struggling to keep up. What a fūcking moron.

If you are too dense to see the parallels of keeping a pet that is capable of killing a human if it sees fit, then it's you that's struggling to keep up. What a fūcking moron.

How many people get killed by cattle and horses? Would it be fair to call people with livestock morons? Every year children drown in pools. Are you a moron if you have kids and a pool? Every year, teens die from drinking their parents booze. Are the parents morons? It safe to say that all of these risks can be reduced, but the risk never eliminated. I guess, by your standards, I should live in a bubble and not enjoy life. I think really, the only moronic thing here is your assumption that a dog you have never met is going to be what you expect based off of the news stories you hear of other dogs attacking people. By your logic, maybe we should get rid of high capacity magazines and semi-auto rifles, because that is the preferred weapon of school shooters. Come on fella, utilize some critical thinking before you spout off your ignorance.
Originally Posted by spud06

Of course I understand the difference between an inanimate object and a dog. However, you are much more likely to be killed by an otherwise law-abiding citizen who happens to be speeding or driving under the influence than by a pit bull, or any other dog for that matter. [/quote]

There are a few things from this discussion that I would hope you would consider carefully; 1) Unless little Penny is in a locked cage, you NEVER have complete control over that dog, no matter what you think. 2) I'm guessing most people here don't much care if the dog turns on you. I mean we would probably feel bad, but you are an adult and you are free to make you own decisions and I respect that. However, your arguments about cars, guns, etc. causing more deaths might be OK for your personal risk management/risk exposure decisions, but you seem to disregard the exposure you're projecting to family, kids, visitors at your house, etc. I believe that is where most folks here have an issue. So what I get out of your argument is that you are OK exposing other humans to an unnecessary high risk situation. Just because you are "responsible enough to pay the piper" if something goes wrong, doesn't change the fact that some child may lose their life. But, I guess your OK with that as long as you have enough home owner's insurance. I'm sure you love your dog...we all do. Personally, if I found myself in your situation, that dog would be crated anytime someone else was in the house. I would spend a lot of time one-on-one with her (sounds like you do) in a controlled area, make sure is spayed, and never get another one. If she lives long enough for her eyes to start failing, then you have more risk to deal with. Good luck.[/quote]

I absolutely see where you are coming from. And yes, she has a kennel that she is trained and willingly enters when given the command. I’ll catch hell for this, but Penny is a staple amongst our family gatherings and the kiddos love her. Having said that, I keep a close eye not only on her, but kids. I would never leave a small child unattended with any dog, for both the child’s and the dog’s safety.

Now to your assessment on the guns/cars/whatever... When you strap your child into a car seat are you guaranteeing their safety? Can you guarantee that other drivers aren’t going to smash into your vehicle? Of course you can’t. My difference of opinion from the other side of this argument is that the breed in and of itself does not determine the outcome. I have been bitten by dogs three times in my life, one a springer spaniel, a beagle (my fault-I was a child and acting like an a-hole) and a tiny little long haired mutt that probably weighed 10 pounds. Go figure.

I’m not dismissing the fact that owning any dog involves risk. What I am saying is that my dog is great and well worth the risk, that I feel is low, because of my habdling of her and the situations we find ourselves in.

Nice, touchy feely...

Another mark of a smart person. Show me a video instead of constructing your own thoughts on the matter. I’m sure your google skills are top notch and your mother is very proud. I think between the two or three of you posting picture stories you likely have a staggering IQ ranging anywhere from 70-80 points.

I never wanted to own one.

My sister "rescued" one unbeknownst to me. When we gathered at her house for Christmas and I found her family (includes my two nieces) to be woefully unprepared for this type of dog. Over the course of the week visit I somewhat wore them down about the subject.

After spending Christmas break there the dog came home with me as I felt I could control this particular pit even around my children.

I was wrong.
The picture story abilities are strong with this one! ^

Typing is hard...

I never wanted to own one.

My sister "rescued" one unbeknownst to me. When we gathered at her house for Christmas and I found her family (includes my two nieces) to be woefully unprepared for this type of dog. Over the course of the week visit I somewhat wore them down about the subject.

After spending Christmas break there the dog came home with me as I felt I could control this particular pit even around my children.

I was wrong.

I see. So you’re saying your personal experience is anectdotal and limited to 1 animal.

I see. So you’re saying your personal experience is anectdotal and limited to 1 animal.

No.

My brother had the rescue bug around the same time.

GLOCK!

A friend I grew up with... same bug.

GLOCK!

Another friend I grew up with never had kids until he hit 40. After that happened...

Well, you know.
Hey Jeffrey,

How come insurance companies refuse to insure people with pit bulls? They will insure people who own guns and cars, won't they?

Dumb.....
Since the word anecdotal was introduced...

Kennels won't accept pit bulls either.

No.

My brother had the rescue bug around the same time.

GLOCK!

A friend I grew up with... same bug.

GLOCK!

Another friend I grew up with never had kids until he hit 40. After that happened...

Well, you know.

Haha. Fair enough. No pitties for DeFlave and Co! Haha. What dogs breeds do you like?

In all seriousness, I’m happy to see you still around. I’ve been gone for a bit.
Indy,
You are absolutely correct that insurance companies often won’t cover homeowners with pits. But, I would wager a bet that many, if not most people that own pits, don’t carry insurance on their homes or vehicles. What I mean to say is, a lot of crappy people have pits. As I mentioned earlier in this conversational odyssey, if I left my dog in the back yard all day, chained to a tree, she might end up being a bad as$ bitc4. It’s no secret that being on the front end of an angry pit bull is a crappy place to be and I know that a lot of people have been there. Even with that, the percentage of all people that have, or are around pits that actually get attacked by them is still low. They may be higher than those compared to something like a golden retriever, but still low.
It’s a numbers game and insurance companies are great at those. Life and what you make of it is strongly shaped by the company you keep. Same goes for dogs.

Get me? Or, do you still think I’m dumb?

I wouldn’t know. If the wifey and I have to leave town, we have no trouble finding family or friends that are happy to watch her.
Indy,
You are absolutely correct that insurance companies often won’t cover homeowners with pits. But, I would wager a bet that many, if not most people that own pits, don’t carry insurance on their homes or vehicles. What I mean to say is, a lot of crappy people have pits. As I mentioned earlier in this conversational odyssey, if I left my dog in the back yard all day, chained to a tree, she might end up being a bad as$ bitc4. It’s no secret that being on the front end of an angry pit bull is a crappy place to be and I know that a lot of people have been there. Even with that, the percentage of all people that have, or are around pits that actually get attacked by them is still low. They may be higher than those compared to something like a golden retriever, but still low.
It’s a numbers game and insurance companies are great at those. Life and what you make of it is strongly shaped by the company you keep. Same goes for dogs.

Actually most insurance companies will insure a home owner with a pit is the home owner produces a "Canine Good Citizen Certificate".
A guy up the road here got attacked similarly. Dog grabbed his leg and wouldn't let go,,,,until he ran the 7" blade of a USMC Ka-Bar he always carried when walking the back roads through it's chest.

Couldn’t agree more. If you’re not responsible enough to own something, you shouldn’t have it. And if you’re responsible for someone getting hurt, prepare to pay the piper.

Juries in our area have awarded exemplary amounts above and well beyond what insurance companies cover for these incidents.
That black guy finally put something on him that Ajax won't take off. powdr

I’ll just keep living life on the edge I suppose. If I had a middle name, it would be DANGER.

When you think you’ve about heard most all of it, you read this.
"Now to your assessment on the guns/cars/whatever... When you strap your child into a car seat are you guaranteeing their safety? Can you guarantee that other drivers aren’t going to smash into your vehicle? Of course you can’t."

Correct, you can't. But you manage risk as best you can. That's why you have a car with seat belts, a car seat, drive responsibly, stay home if the streets are icy, etc. And you balance risk with reward. The risk of taking your child in a car is balanced by the reward of maybe taking her to the doctor, or school, or to visit grandparents. You take a risk crossing the street. However, if you are smart in life, you don't take unnecessary risk and you reduce it when possible. There are many, many dog breeds that you could have chosen that would have left your family and others less likely to be mauled and seriously hurt or killed. Many options for dog breeds that are warm, cuddly, and good with kids.
What is the difference between a pitbull and my S & W model 657?

My revolver has never made up its own mind to get up out of the shade and kill someone"s child.

What is the difference between a pitbull and my Jack Russel.

Not very damned much, except I can drop kick the JRT over the yard fence. And yorkies are just as bad. They are all three great dogs if you have something that needs killing.
What dogs breeds do you like?

No such animal.
Anyone who thinks that a pit can be trained or raised a certain way that make him safe is a fool and knows nothing about dogs .

When a dog has the correct stimulus instinct and breeding take over period .
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

the 'white trash' crowd would disagree
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
[quote=Shag][quote=Springcove]That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳

I was being facetious.
[quote=Shag][quote=Springcove]That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳

I was being facetious.

I was thinking you were being facetious throughout the whole thread.
Dog attack statistics from 13 years of recent records
https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php
Don't see Newfies on the list. I'm happy with one of them I just wish they lived longer.
I have the cutest granddaughter in the world and she lives with two yellow labs The younger male adores her. The older female wants nothing to do with her.

It scares me every day that, that older female is going to snap on her.
I have the cutest granddaughter in the world and she lives with two yellow labs The younger male adores her. The older female wants nothing to do with her.

One of my Uncles big silver GSD bit my step-sister in the butt and on her head, Uncle called the dog off, then over to him, he pulled a kindling hatchet off the woodpile and buried it to the hilt in the top of the dogs skull, told me to grab a shovel out of the shed and follow him, we dug a hole and buried that dog, I was about 10 years old, learned then and there that there are severe consequences for bad choices in this world.

Uncle never spoke of it again, hope you, her parents, or your little granddaughter don't have to deal with any of that Rooster.

***EDIT***

This made me just text the oldest and tell her my concerns and she said that the older female has accepted the new addition and needs a kiss every night from the granddaughter before gong to sleep. Dang labs.....

***EDIT***

This made me just text the oldest and tell her my concerns and she said that the older female has accepted the new addition and needs a kiss every night from the granddaughter before gong to sleep. Dang labs.....

Great News Rooster! cool
Originally Posted by gunner500

One of my Uncles big silver GSD bit my step-sister in the butt and on her head, Uncle called the dog off, then over to him, he pulled a kindling hatchet off the woodpile and buried it to the hilt in the top of the dogs skull, told me to grab a shovel out of the shed and follow him, we dug a hole and buried that dog, I was about 10 years old, learned then and there that there are severe consequences for bad choices in this world.

Uncle never spoke of it again, hope you, her parents, or your little granddaughter don't have to deal with any of that Rooster.

Holy crap, Gunner! That is some deep shidt to take in as a kid!

Yessir, that's the way I was raised, and not to get all drama queen on ya, but, when I read your post it all came flooding back, that dogs name was rooster cogburn, watch out for the little one Sir, I know You will. smile

Yessir, that's the way I was raised, and not to get all drama queen on ya, but, when I read your post it all came flooding back, that dogs name was rooster cogburn, watch out for the little one Sir, I know You will. smile

"Bury a hatchet to the hilt."

I'll be remembering that. smile
Jeffrey,

In all seriousness, do you have kids?

Are there kids around your pit?

I wouldn’t know. If the wifey and I have to leave town, we have no trouble finding family or friends that are happy to watch her.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Juries in our area have awarded exemplary amounts above and well beyond what insurance companies cover for these incidents.

As they should...

Maybe the jury will get to read this quote?
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

the 'white trash' crowd would disagree

Yup, compelling arguments made by the "White Trash" crowd every day.
Here's a fresh local story from the not-so-white area of town. Tragic ending for this little boy.

http://www.wbtv.com/2019/03/06/dog-euthanized-investigation-into-deadly-attack-continues/
4-year-old boy playing with neighbor’s dog gets arm ripped off

By Jackie Salo

March 5, 2019 | 4:53pm | Updated

Authorities in Utah say a husky attacked a 4-year-old boy, ripped off his arm and presumably swallowed the now-missing limb, according to reports.

The child, whose identity hasn’t been released, wanted to play with his neighbor’s two huskies Sunday afternoon in Layton and stuck his arm underneath a chain-link fence, news station KUTV reported.

The boy had a sock on his right arm when one of the dogs bit into his forearm and tore off the appendage about three inches above the wrist, officials said.

Emergency responders were able to locate the husky, but weren’t able to recover the boy’s arm or hand.

“We’ve not found it in the backyard,” Layton Fire Battalion Chief Jason Cook told KSL.com. “Our fear is that it may have been ingested by the dog.”

The boy was airlifted to Primary Children’s Hospital in serious, but stable condition, according to officials.

Animal control took both dogs into custody and authorities are investigating the incident.

“I think this is one of those innocent child play moments where the dogs have probably been in the backyard many, many times,” Cook told the site. “He’s seen them and maybe even done something similar with them before, but for whatever reason this one kind of took a tragic turn today,”

Link.
Codi Wilson, CTV News Toronto
Published Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:13AM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:23PM EDT

Peel police have released images of a man and his dog after a three-year-old was allegedly attacked by a husky in off-leash dog park in Mississauga last month.

The incident occurred on Sept. 23 at around 4:30 p.m. when the child and a family member were at the Parkway Belt dog park.

Police say the three-year-old girl was running around when she was attacked by a white husky.

The dog, police say, bit the girl’s neck, leaving three puncture wounds on the back of her neck.

Her injuries were not life-threatening but she was taken to a trauma centre for treatment.

The owner of the husky initially spoke with the family of the victim but later left the park prior to the arrival of paramedics.

Photos have now been released of both the dog and its owner and police are asking anyone with information about the case to contact investigators or Crime Stoppers anonymously.

mages released of owner and husky that allegedly attacked 3-year-old in Mississauga
Husky goes on ‘killing spree’ that leaves nearly 30 animals dead, owner facing charges
Posted 9:46 pm, May 30, 2018, by Tribune Media, Updated at 09:44PM, May 30, 2018

TOOELE, Utah – The owner of a female husky faces a slew of charges after the dog allegedly killed more than two dozen animals in the backyards of at least two Utah homes in just a couple of hours, according to KSTU.

Police caught the culprit – a 4-year old husky – and now her owner is facing nearly 30 misdemeanor charges.

One of the Tooele residents who lost several animals, Trip Kiss, runs a petting zoo with his wife to teach animal husbandry to children with disabilities. Chickens, ducks, peacocks, a turkey and a tortoise, are just a few of the zoo's residents.

In the early morning hours of Memorial Day, he said his motion sensors went off. When Kiss looked at the surveillance video, it showed a husky running around his yard and driveway. He said the husky was targeting his animals.

"He was chewing our goose that was at the back end there, he dug out the rabbits in their enclosure," Kiss explained.

In the video, Kiss said the Husky can be seen carrying away two rabbits. It trots out of the camera's view and into the dark.

When Kiss realized what was happening, he said the husky had already killed several of his animals.

"Two rabbits, two ducks, five chickens, a turkey, a goose," Kiss said.

He said the goose was specially trained.

"The goose was so friendly," Kiss said. "It would follow us around at Renaissance fairs, charities."

Kiss said the husky took the animals and scattered them in a two-block radius around his home. He spotted the husky in his neighborhood with one of his chickens still alive in the dog's mouth.

"The dog continued to chew on it, and it died in the dog's mouth, and he dropped it," Kiss said.

He called police, and Tooele Police Sergeant Jeremy Hansen said they found out Kiss wasn't the only animal owner affected.

"A second lady from a couple houses down came and told the officers that 15 of her chickens had also been killed by the same animal," Sgt. Hansen said.

It took a couple of hours, but they finally caught the husky and brought her to the shelter to contact the owner.

Mackenzie Morton said she got the call from the shelter to explain they had her 4-year old husky, Nikita.

Morton said Nikita went missing from her boyfriend's home, which isn't far from Kiss' house.

"I didn't know where she went, because it was dark at night," Morton explained.

She said she looked for Nikita, and came across a few dead chickens in a neighbor's yard.

Nikita took off from there, Morton said, and she couldn't find her after that. Morton said she didn't want to wake the neighbors, so she kept the door cracked open at the house for Nikita to return.

"I didn't think she was going to go on a killing spree," Morton told KSTU. "I did not know that, at all."

She said what Nikita did left her in shock because her husky hasn't acted like that before.

Morton is now offering an apology to the homeowners.

"That's not fair," Morton said, getting choked up. "And I'm so sorry."

For Kiss, he said he isn't mad at the dog. He explained that he's more upset that more wasn't done to catch the husky when she escaped or to alert the neighbors to the dead chickens right away.

"I feel anger," Kiss said. "I feel anger toward the owner, because she could have prevented this."

Sgt. Hansen said the officer cited Morton with 27 counts of misdemeanor attacking animals and one count of misdemeanor animal running at large.

He said the city attorney is screening the case for the final charges.

Nikita is in quarantine at the animal shelter. Sgt. Hansen said after the 10-day quarantine is up, an administrative hearing will determine what to do with the husky.

Link.

Every kid in America used to take in that shirt before they turned 10. The country was better and stronger for it. There was no confusion over the place of animals in hiarchy with humans. Men knew how to kill when killing was necessary. And they knew how to show mercy when merited.

There is no possibility that we can ever create another "greatest generation". That is a sad fact.
Jeffrey,

Not yet, but one on the way. Wife is a pediatrician and gets to see first hand the child maladies and injuries all day, 5-6 days a week. Penny is around people including very young and very old on a very regular basis. Since meeting my beautiful wife there haven’t been many dull social moments and Penny goes pretty much everywhere with us. We built a new house this summer and have had a couple parties since. Usually 20-30 people or so. Lots of interaction with Penny. She’s often the star of the show, especially with the kiddos.

Have you talked to her parents about this? I would. Parents don't always see what they should. Even good ones.
4-year-old boy playing with neighbor’s dog gets arm ripped off

By Jackie Salo

March 5, 2019 | 4:53pm | Updated

Authorities in Utah say a husky attacked a 4-year-old boy, ripped off his arm and presumably swallowed the now-missing limb, according to reports.

The child, whose identity hasn’t been released, wanted to play with his neighbor’s two huskies Sunday afternoon in Layton and stuck his arm underneath a chain-link fence, news station KUTV reported.

The boy had a sock on his right arm when one of the dogs bit into his forearm and tore off the appendage about three inches above the wrist, officials said.

Emergency responders were able to locate the husky, but weren’t able to recover the boy’s arm or hand.

“We’ve not found it in the backyard,” Layton Fire Battalion Chief Jason Cook told KSL.com. “Our fear is that it may have been ingested by the dog.”

The boy was airlifted to Primary Children’s Hospital in serious, but stable condition, according to officials.

Animal control took both dogs into custody and authorities are investigating the incident.

“I think this is one of those innocent child play moments where the dogs have probably been in the backyard many, many times,” Cook told the site. “He’s seen them and maybe even done something similar with them before, but for whatever reason this one kind of took a tragic turn today,”

Link.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reporting has gotten this bad!

Hey idiot, a hand is connected to an arm. The hand is not the arm. It would be less concerning were it not for the obvious fact the aggrandizing was done to sensationalize the fact.
Yup, huskies can be very bad and they are responsible for a large number of bad dog/child interactions here in AK, where lots of huskies roam. The big issue here is the dog teams which do not socialize dogs to people very well. As a result the dogs do not ever understand they are not sllowed to bite people. Then you add young kids in Native villages walking into staked out dog lots. Some have been beyond gruesome.
Jeffrey,

Not yet, but one on the way. Wife is a pediatrician and gets to see first hand the child maladies and injuries all day, 5-6 days a week. Penny is around people including very young and very old on a very regular basis. Since meeting my beautiful wife there haven’t been many dull social moments and Penny goes pretty much everywhere with us. We built a new house this summer and have had a couple parties since. Usually 20-30 people or so. Lots of interaction with Penny. She’s often the star of the show, especially with the kiddos.

Jeffrey, no disrespect meant but you might want to take off those rose colored glasses you’re looking through as it regards pits.

You’ve been warned by real life experiences here by those who care enough to advise you.
It would seem to me that 3" above the wrist would be a lot of the forearm for a 4 year old.
Originally Posted by RickyD
It would seem to me that 3" above the wrist would be a lot of the forearm for a 4 year old.

No doubt it was gruesome and some forearm was taken, but note you just used a qualifier to arm (one of many available) as opposed to hand. How about "Took off the hand 3" above the wrist?" Or "Lost the hand and 3" of forearm?"

Losing an arm involves far more territory.
Jeffrey,

Jeffrey, no disrespect meant but you might want to take off those rose colored glasses you’re looking through as it regards pits.

You’ve been warned by real life experiences here by those who care enough to advise you.

Truth! Jeffrey you stand to lose more in your apparently young and successful life than you can ever imagine and monetarily is the smallest part,even though the sums could be very large.

Pits can be charming and lovable until they snap into demonic mode, and many do. You likely won't see it coming as most don't, but when it comes you will not be ready unless you are armed 100% 24/7 and the dog is never out of your sight.

Even then, it can be tragic for the humans mauled and all the more for the very young or old. Think long and hard about pits in a family environment or entertaining friends with their (shudder) children present. That is a recipe for disaster and a totally ruined life for many.
Yup, huskies can be very bad and they are responsible for a large number of bad dog/child interactions here in AK, where lots of huskies roam. The big issue here is the dog teams which do not socialize dogs to people very well. As a result the dogs do not ever understand they are not sllowed to bite people. Then you add young kids in Native villages walking into staked out dog lots. Some have been beyond gruesome.

Wow. Sitka to the husky rescue. Did a pit bull steal your girlfriend or something when you were a wee lad?
Jeffrey,

Truth! Jeffrey you stand to lose more in your apparently young and successful life than you can ever imagine and monetarily is the smallest part,even though the sums could be very large.

Pits can be charming and lovable until they snap into demonic mode, and many do. You likely won't see it coming as most don't, but when it comes you will not be ready unless you are armed 100% 24/7 and the dog is never out of your sight.

Even then, it can be tragic for the humans mauled and all the more for the very young or old. Think long and hard about pits in a family environment or entertaining friends with their (shudder) children present. That is a recipe for disaster and a totally ruined life for many.

Ricky and Old Toot,
I respect both of your opinions and I appreciate your polite advice and guidance. I am aware of what dogs CAN do, but at the end of the day I disagree with the general sentiment here that all pit bulls are waiting to snap. I’m not a parent l, yet, and I would t be the least bit surprised if my outlook changes. We shall see. For now, I thinwe’ll be in good shape.

Just yesterday.......

www.wyff4.com/article/babysitters-dog-attacks-kills-6-month-old-boy-police-say/26741417
Jeffrey,

Ricky and Old Toot,
I respect both of your opinions and I appreciate your polite advice and guidance. I am aware of what dogs CAN do, but at the end of the day I disagree with the general sentiment here that all pit bulls are waiting to snap. I’m not a parent l, yet, and I would t be the least bit surprised if my outlook changes. We shall see. For now, I thinwe’ll be in good shape.

Good luck to y’all, Pard.

You got that part right.
The thing is, most people today have never seen any dog switch into a killing frenzy. All breeds are capable of doing so. But some have a greater inclination to go nuts with little or no prvocation. And some breeds are more capable than others of killing or maiming a human when they do go nuts.

Jack Russels are an absolute terror when they go berserk, which they will do at the slightest provocation of a little furry critter running away from them. I mentioned Yorkies earlier. Vermin killing Sobs. We had one 4 lb Yorky injure a full grown sheep so badly, the sheep had to be put down. Our JRT would wrestle and play with the grandkids until he fell over from exhaustion. But a cat or raccoon better not run out in front of him, or the fight was on.

Well trained disciplined dogs, every one. A Griffin in the chicken pen. A lab on loose rabbits. A healer on cats or another dog, after the poodle bit my brother. The poodle never had a chance. The healer never stopped until the poodle was dead. And there was not a person in the world who could have stopped him.

It is pretty amazing when the switch flips. You could not believe your little sweetie capable of such destruction.

Years and years of statistics show, pits not only have a heightened trigger to go nuts, but they have the capability to do inflict tremendous damage or death when they do.
The numbers and statistics cited by various posters probably list a small number of the actual dog fatalities and attacks nationwide. I agree that pits are by far the worst and most unpredictable but chows, rotweilers, huskies, akita, and a host of others and mongrel half breeds can be very dangerous to little kids. There was a lady killed a while back by a pack of 7 dachshunds inside a house. It is crazy to leave a helpless child in the company of a catch dog. And dogs and wolves (for that matter, cats) will maul and kill for the fun of it. I owned a pit cross that I picked up as a lost puppy. She was docile, loving, and friendly to visitors. She amazed me how vicious she turned one day when I shot a fox squirrel out of a backyard tree. Then grandkids came on the scene and she showed an alert interest in them, but not friendliness. We had to lock her in the backyard when kids visited. Luckily someone stole her and solved that issue.
[/b]
Jeffrey,

Ricky and Old Toot,
I respect both of your opinions and I appreciate your polite advice and guidance. I am aware of what dogs CAN do, but at the end of the day I disagree with the general sentiment here that [b]all pit bulls are waiting to snap. I’m not a parent l, yet, and I would t be the least bit surprised if my outlook changes. We shall see. For now, I thinwe’ll be in good shape.

Jeffrey,

I know my post did not contain the word "all" and I don't believe OT's did either. We know not all do, but for those whose pits do snap, it is very often a immeasurable tragedy many never recover from. And the fix is as simple as getting a breed without such a resume for disaster.

Put your family first in all things, particularly this.

Best to you!

Rick

Have you talked to her parents about this? I would. Parents don't always see what they should. Even good ones.

Yes. See my edit to that post. Sounds like the female has finally accepted the granddaughter and likes to play with her now.
Fond memories of a dog and duty.
An elderly friend gave me a jack russel terrier pup and I raised him. Totally fearless no matter the size of whatever. He didn’t like ANY visitors except one, my Godmother. He took to her like a magnet. My uncle passed and she asked about Humbug. I brought him to her house and he had a long, hard look all around her place (in the country). When all was said and done he came back inside and laid on the floor between us close to her and facing me. She got up to get us another cup of coffee and he went with her to the kitchen and back then resumed his spot between us.

He’s got a new home now and he still prefers NO visitors except me and I think he only tolerates my presence. She and I walked outside during my last visit and Humbug stayed between us the whole time we walked around her pecan orchard. When we got back in the golf cart he forced his way between us. I think she’s in good hands.

If he had weighed 50 lbs, I would have had to put him down long ago. I’ve yet to see any canine so small and so totally fearless. Loyal, too.
Looks like a couple more of these loving dogs are being misunderstood.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/dall...rtion-of-womans-finger-911-call-released
Almost if not daily attack

Dog Attack Leaves Olympic Trials Qualifier With Gaping Wounds and 21 Stitches

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a26736114/dog-attacks-olympic-trials-qualifier-caitlin-keen/

[Linked Image]

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a26736114/dog-attacks-olympic-trials-qualifier-caitlin-keen/

[Linked Image]

From the link:
“I almost thought this dog was going to kill me, and for it to be described as happy and friendly is hard for me,” Keen said. “I don’t think this is a safe animal, and if this woman doesn’t live in a home with safe surroundings...why would you continue to put people in danger?”

Nanosecond= only slightly shorter than that pit bull's reasonable life expectancy!
I am aware of what dogs CAN do, but at the end of the day I disagree with the general sentiment here that all pit bulls are waiting to snap.

OK, you go ahead and determine which of the pitbull/pitbull mix dogs will be the ones to snap, and injure or kill people, then go ahead and kill them for the public good.

Oh, you're not sure? Here, one of the chambers in this S&W cylinder is empty.

[Linked Image]

Classic pit bull; loving and friendly before, loving and friendly after.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

[Linked Image]

Classic pit bull; loving and friendly before, loving and friendly shot through the brain pan after.

Fixt
Originally Posted by sse
I am aware of what dogs CAN do, but at the end of the day I disagree with the general sentiment here that all pit bulls are waiting to snap.

OK, you go ahead and determine which of the pitbull/pitbull mix dogs will be the ones to snap, and injure or kill people, then go ahead and kill them for the public good.

Oh, you're not sure? Here, one of the chambers in this S&W cylinder is empty.

I have a buddy who raised them for years with his uncle. The family one snapped at age 7, tore his aunt up pretty good. The dog was trained to put both paws in the air when the backdoor opened to get a treat...that is what he was doing when his uncle slid the door open and killed him with his deer rifle. My buddy loves pits but now that he has a family, he says there is no way in the world he would have one around his loved ones.
Man. This sounds like a gun control debate.

I've had 11 dogs in my life. 2 labs, a mastiff, a boxer, a mutt, a german shepard, a min pin (ex-wife), and last 4 being pit bitches. They have been the best 4 dogs I've ever had. Like many of you, I've been around a lot of dogs: Many of them hunting dogs. The only dogs that ever bit me were (2) different cocker spaniels and someone else's german shepard. All unprovoked. The bites weren't reported and I didn't sue. It makes me wonder how that feeds into statistics. I'm guessing a lot.

While I accept that pits are statistically the most deadly breed in the US, I also believe there's something being missed in this conversation. ANY dog's temperament is based on 50% breeding and 50% feeding. Essentially, all of the descendant Mastiffs breeds were used to kill. The pit, however, has been the most exploited. For the past 100 years, Mastiffs and their descendant breeds have been bred to remove aggression and make them marketable to families. This includes pits and staffies.

Unfortunately, SOME (not ALL) lines of pits are still bred to fight and its a shame because between them and the maniacs that raise them, the entire breed is given a bad name. These lines of the breed are used for fighting and guarding drugs or otherwise illegal activities. I do acknowledge that some snap. I do believe that owning a pit bares a greater responsibility to keep a watchful eye on each dog's behavior. I also believe (and this is highly opinionated) that, because mine have all been females, it may be based on a male's natural tendency to alpha up. Again, that is pure opinion based on my experience with my dogs. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to euthanize one of mine that started show signs of aggression and I do test. Hand in the food bowl, food taken away, wrestling, etc, but thats the way my dad did it with his dogs when I was young, too, and none of them were pits.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get a pit. I can't be convinced, however, that mine have been anything but the best family dogs I've ever had. People that can't comprehend the fact that thugs make this breed a bad thing should really consider how they feel about high capacity magazines. The same can be asked of them both: Are they NEEDED? No. Are their original designs based on creating incredible carnage? Yes. Are they misused by bad people? Absolutely. Are they hyped by the media? Yes. Have they been involved in unforeseen family tragedies? Yes. Do they bring some of us a heightened level of enjoyment in life. You bet.

Just 2 cents from a guy that's owned pits for years. Flame on.

Originally Posted by RayF

I've had 11 dogs in my life. 2 labs, a mastiff, a boxer, a mutt, a german shepard, a min pin (ex-wife), and last 4 being pit bitches. They have been the best 4 dogs I've ever had. Like many of you, I've been around a lot of dogs: Many of them hunting dogs. The only dogs that ever bit me were (2) different cocker spaniels and someone else's german shepard. All unprovoked. The bites weren't reported and I didn't sue. It makes me wonder how that feeds into statistics. I'm guessing a lot.

While I accept that pits are statistically the most deadly breed in the US, I also believe there's something being missed in this conversation. ANY dog's temperament is based on 50% breeding and 50% feeding. Essentially, all of the descendant Mastiffs breeds were used to kill. The pit, however, has been the most exploited. For the past 100 years, Mastiffs and their descendant breeds have been bred to remove aggression and make them marketable to families. This includes pits and staffies.

Unfortunately, SOME (not ALL) lines of pits are still bred to fight and its a shame because between them and the maniacs that raise them, the entire breed is given a bad name. These lines of the breed are used for fighting and guarding drugs or otherwise illegal activities. I do acknowledge that some snap. I do believe that owning a pit bares a greater responsibility to keep a watchful eye on each dog's behavior. I also believe (and this is highly opinionated) that, because mine have all been females, it may be based on a male's natural tendency to alpha up. Again, that is pure opinion based on my experience with my dogs. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to euthanize one of mine that started show signs of aggression and I do test. Hand in the food bowl, food taken away, wrestling, etc, but thats the way my dad did it with his dogs when I was young, too, and none of them were pits.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get a pit. I can't be convinced, however, that mine have been anything but the best family dogs I've ever had. People that can't comprehend the fact that thugs make this breed a bad thing should really consider how they feel about high capacity magazines. The same can be asked of them both: Are they NEEDED? No. Are their original designs based on creating incredible carnage? Yes. Are they misused by bad people? Absolutely. Are they hyped by the media? Yes. Have they been involved in unforeseen family tragedies? Yes. Do they bring some of us a heightened level of enjoyment in life. You bet.

You're just another moron that thinks he knows anything about dogs.

You don't.
LOL. Internet name-calling.

A most excellent response, sir.
All a Pitbull does better than any other breed is the fight to the death. To bore in and to kill to take punishment and keep killing. That is all they do better than any other breed. Now if one of you guys that thinks pits are just great animals can prove me wrong on that I might change my opinion on the breed.
Will a friend walk into your yard when the pits are playing with you?
LOL. Internet name-calling.

A most excellent response, sir.

Are you claiming to know a lot about dog training?

I'm not trying to convince anyone to get a pit. I can't be convinced, however, that mine have been anything but the best family dogs I've ever had.

I am not a dog trainer or a people trainer. Nor am I a statistician or scientist. Hell I am not even a gambler. I would bet though, that very close to 100% of Pit owners would have said the same thing right up until the minute their sweet, harmless, best family dog evar ate MeMaw's face off.
Originally Posted by PPosey
All a Pitbull does better than any other breed is the fight to the death. To bore in and to kill to take punishment and keep killing. That is all they do better than any other breed. Now if one of you guys that thinks pits are just great animals can prove me wrong on that I might change my opinion on the breed.

As far as a breed goes, I submit that you are correct in saying that fighting to the death is the only breed-specific skill they may have. You use a broad stroke, but you're not wrong. I can, however, say that ones I have had have always been......wait for it......sweet and harmless until the day THEY died. They were all rescues and I have always been concerned up front. One of the benefits of adopting from a rescue like places such as BARC is that the dog is always fostered with others and I've found them always to be truthful about the dog's demeanor. My pits have always become ideal family dogs. Smart, calm, submissive (to even strangers) and eager to please. I've seen pits that don't fit that description. I would never own one.

I'll do you one better: I have 3 friends in my neighborhood that enter my fenced-in backyard, while the dog is out, to see if I'm in the workshop.

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I would bet though, that very close to 100% of Pit owners would have said the same thing right up until the minute their sweet, harmless, best family dog evar ate MeMaw's face off.

I have no idea, Paul. Much like most people on this thread, I only have limited experience and intuition. Based on mine, I'm having problems believing the vast majority of pit owners that maul people didn't have even a bit of warning. I could be wrong. I've known others that had pits. They never had problems. One guy at work has had nothing but pits his entire adult life. No issues. My wife is constantly interacting with BARC. Same thing. Maybe its luck.

One of the benefits of adopting from a rescue like places such as BARC is that the dog is always fostered with others and I've found them always to be truthful about the dog's demeanor. My pits have always become ideal family dogs. Smart, calm, submissive (to even strangers) and eager to please. I've seen pits that don't fit that description. I would never own one.

I would bet though, that very close to 100% of Pit owners would have said the same thing right up until the minute their sweet, harmless, best family dog evar ate MeMaw's face off.

I have no idea, Paul. Much like most people on this thread, I only have limited experience and intuition. Based on mine, I'm having problems believing the vast majority of pit owners that maul people didn't have even a bit of warning. I could be wrong. I've known others that had pits. They never had problems. One guy at work has had nothing but pits his entire adult life. No issues. My wife is constantly interacting with BARC. Same thing. Maybe its luck.

It's not really uncommon at all for good ones to go rogue. This pit bull advocate and shelter worker met her maker in the jaws of one.

https://dogtime.com/dog-health/general/9248-tragedy-in-pacifica

https://www.mercurynews.com/2011/08...egnant-pacifica-woman-remains-a-mystery/
You're a fugkin' retard.

I hope that POS dog of yours eats your face.
Originally Posted by PPosey

As far as a breed goes, I submit that you are correct in saying that fighting to the death is the only breed-specific skill they may have. You use a broad stroke, but you're not wrong. I can, however, say that ones I have had have always been......wait for it......sweet and harmless until the day THEY died. They were all rescues and I have always been concerned up front. One of the benefits of adopting from a rescue like places such as BARC is that the dog is always fostered with others and I've found them always to be truthful about the dog's demeanor. My pits have always become ideal family dogs. Smart, calm, submissive (to even strangers) and eager to please. I've seen pits that don't fit that description. I would never own one.

I'll do you one better: I have 3 friends in my neighborhood that enter my fenced-in backyard, while the dog is out, to see if I'm in the workshop.

if you can't figure out which ones are safe and which ones will kill you, is that not a problem?

You're just another moron that thinks he knows anything about dogs.

You don't.

Wow, Travis. That was deep. You’re so smart.
You're a fugkin' retard.

Therein lies the truth of the matter. A sad little man who doesn’t know enough about dogs to properly train and raise one. “My dog growled at my kid so I had to Glock it.” Drool runs down mouth...

My neighbors do routinely. As a matter of fact, my dog follow me in the front yard and watches deer les than 20 yards away and doesn’t bolt after them. Can your poodle do that?
You're a fugkin' retard.

Therein lies the truth of the matter. A sad little man who doesn’t know enough about dogs to properly train and raise one. “My dog growled at my kid so I had to Glock it.” Drool runs down mouth...

I typed that in jest.

Apologies if it came across as being serious. I may have to start using the smiley faces on here.
It's not really uncommon at all for good ones to go rogue. This pit bull advocate and shelter worker met her maker in the jaws of one.

Thanks for the article, Paul. Good read. A lot of good stuff for both sides of the discussion. As far as "not really uncommon" goes, I'd be more likely to use "not really unheard of". Tragic as it was, it happened 8 years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't go into the dog's background. Did it ever show aggression? Could some have been overlooked as a breed enthusiast?

Originally Posted by sse
if you can't figure out which ones are safe and which ones will kill you, is that not a problem?

Agreed, sse. What if you can figure out which ones are safe, however, and choose to ignore it?

Having to pick only one: Is the issue that they're more prone to aggressive behavior or more apt to seriously injure or kill? Personally, I say its the latter. Based on everything I've read and experienced as an owner, they are no more likely to attack than any other breed. When they do, however, it can life-threatening and personally, I consider that a reason for responsible owners that are tuned into the dog's demeanor without dismissal of even the smallest acts of aggression. In other words, if my dog starts to act like a guard dog, it has to be euthanized. Its my personally belief that people overlook these things when they adopt or raise them and because of the potential lethality, owners have the moral obligation to hold the breed to a higher standard . Again, strictly opinion.

Then there's the internet, where most people learn what they know about the APBT...... http://stubbydog.org/2012/05/pit-bulls-by-the-numbers/
none of that solves the problem
Then there's the internet, where most people learn what they know about the APBT...... http://stubbydog.org/2012/05/pit-bulls-by-the-numbers/

Oh no..........Da ain't gonna like dat..........
Originally Posted by sse
none of that solves the problem

I agree with you, sir. Much like the high capacity gun debate, as long as a large enough group of people choose to pick what facts they want to observe, the problem will always remain.......for them.

Some people read or watch the news about a mass shooting and take the position that 30-rd mags didn't exist, the incident wouldn't have occurred. They ask why does someone need a 30-rd mag anyway? They will point out that high-cap mags have been used in nearly all mass shootings. They may even suggest that high-cap mags is a ticking time bombs for a civil war. When disputed, they'll be so emotionally embedded in the fact that high-cap mags are evil, that they'll dismiss anything, regardless of how compelling it is, as irrelevant. A former pro-gun advocate will change their postilion and publicly claim that guns are evil when tragedy falls upon his family. People of low morale standard will insult gun owners and openly wish harm on them.

Does any of this sound familiar? It should because the same debate pattern is taking place in this thread. There is one big difference, however: As it's been pointed out, a pit is a living, breathing animal. They bite on their own accord. Guns don't. But pits are also cherished family members to countless families. Millions of them exist. Whether people choose to ignore it or not, the vast majority of them will never harm a person. Ted Kennedy's car has harmed more people than my guns and my pits combined.

Again, I'm not trying to convince anyone to get a pit. As an owner of pits for almost 20 years, however, I'm hoping to remove a little of the false narrative (based on cherry-picked "facts") that should be familiar to gun owners.
Ray, I had an old buddy [he died last year] that dealt in some sort of Georgia Blue, Pit, American crossbred bulldogs, they had their bloodlines isolated? back in the 1920's, I want to say throughout Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, anyway, his pups sold for 10 grand, and that's if he knew you, a really tight dog circle, those were the most fierce, spooky looking, intensely watchful, well behaved animals I've ever seen, he said they have absolutely no interest in anything with two legs, four legs, completely different.

I knew that guy for better than 30 years, I ask him if he'd ever been bit by one of his dogs, he said No, I never saw any scars on him to believe any different, so that brings a greenhorn like me back too, it's ALL in the breeding AND training.
Ray, I had an old buddy [he died last year] that dealt in some sort of Georgia Blue, Pit, American crossbred bulldogs, they had their bloodlines isolated? back in the 1920's, I want to say throughout Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, anyway, his pups sold for 10 grand, and that's if he knew you, a really tight dog circle, those were the most fierce, spooky looking, intensely watchful, well behaved animals I've ever seen, he said they have absolutely no interest on anything with two legs, four legs, completely different.

I knew that guy for better than 30 years, I ask him if he'd ever been bit by one of his dogs, he said No, I never saw any scars on him to believe any different, so that brings a greenhorn like me back too, it's ALL in the breeding AND training.

I agree with that Gunner, just like any other breed one can go bad every now and then the only problem with pits is that they are so capable when they do go bad. Hell almost no one has ever heard of a Golden Retriever biting someone, I have a cousin who had one it even bit me but we learned that if he was put to bed @ 7:00 at night he was a perfectly behaved dog. He ended up dying from a brain tomah, he probably should have bee put to sleep long ago but most cannot do that with a dog as they humanize them and their emotions won't let them do it.

Anyone with a large breed dog that shows aggression towards people should be put down but folks always make excuses for their "Babies" and then it's to late, "it" happens.

As for comparing Guns and Pits, it's a bad comparison but the Pit haters argue it in the same manner with their emotions taking over.
You bet Mag, kind of like men and bulldogs, when we fu-k up we get put in a cage or put down, no one cares if a chi wa wa bites. grin my old dead Buddies dogs were a thing to behold, he had a 105lb male named Ace that was an "on command" killing machine of hogs.
Owning the lowest rated vehicle available is likely going to result in a broke down vehicle. Eating at one star restaurants are likely going to result in you not enjoying your dining experience. And owning a breed of dog that has a genetic propensity for violence is likely going to result in violence.

Kennel owners can't accept pits in their facility because their insurance companies don't allow it. Some veterinarians will not allow pits into their facility because their insurance company will not allow it. Miami-Dade is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country. You are forbidden to own pits here. If you are found to have one, the city gives you five days to make it gone. If you don't, they make it gone for you. The data is there. The data is undeniable.

The problem with pit bulls is the same as the anti-vaccination crowd. You think you should have the freedom but the reality is that your poor decision affects everyone surrounding you. When you see someone that is adamant about owning a pitbull and forcing that decision onto their community, what you're seeing is plain old fashioned selfishness.

Me, me, me. I'm all that matters. A common trend in 2019.
.....he said they have absolutely no interest in anything with two legs, four legs, completely different.

This has been my experience, as well, Gunner.

....it's ALL in the breeding AND training.

Agreed.

Anyone with a large breed dog that shows aggression towards people should be put down but folks always make excuses for their "Babies" and then it's to late, "it" happens.

Mag, I couldn't agree with you more.
Neighbor has 2 pit bulls. She thinks they're the nicest dogs and let's them run free. One attacked another neighbor while she was jogging and bit her arm drawing blood. Nothing has been done about the dogs.

Two days ago one of her pits chased the next door neighbors cat into their yard and had a little fight with the neighbors two dogs. I've got 3 small kids who want to play in the yard now the snow is melting. I cannot abide aggressive pits running wild near my kids. Not odds I will play.

I need a suppressor for my kimber Adirondack in 300 blackout. I don't want to wait several months it'll take to get my own. Though I've heard if I buy one made in Idaho I don't need a stamp. Any truth to that? A 208 amax does not expand at 1050 but penetrates well and usually exits. A dog could probably make it home to say goodby. Just thinking outloud. I'd never do such a thing.

Police won't act just commented that dogs often disappear.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Neighbor has 2 pit bulls. She thinks they're the nicest dogs and let's them run free. One attacked another neighbor while she was jogging and bit her arm drawing blood. Nothing has been done about the dogs.

Two days ago one of her pits chased the next door neighbors cat into their yard and had a little fight with the neighbors two dogs. I've got 3 small kids who want to play in the yard now the snow is melting. I cannot abide aggressive pits running wild near my kids. Not odds I will play.

I need a suppressor for my kimber Adirondack in 300 blackout. I don't want to wait several months it'll take to get my own. Though I've heard if I buy one made in Idaho I don't need a stamp. Any truth to that? A 208 amax does not expand at 1050 but penetrates well and usually exits. A dog could probably make it home to say goodby. Just thinking outloud. I'd never do such a thing.

Police won't act just commented that dogs often disappear.

Bb

You're putting to much thought into it, all you have to do is leave a little antifreeze out and the dogs will take care of themselves. My personal opinion is that folks should never leave their dogs to roam and when they start causing a problem they need to be eliminated.
That dog is broke and the owner is in denial.
© 24hourcampfire