Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Indy,
You are absolutely correct that insurance companies often won’t cover homeowners with pits. But, I would wager a bet that many, if not most people that own pits, don’t carry insurance on their homes or vehicles. What I mean to say is, a lot of crappy people have pits. As I mentioned earlier in this conversational odyssey, if I left my dog in the back yard all day, chained to a tree, she might end up being a bad as$ bitc4. It’s no secret that being on the front end of an angry pit bull is a crappy place to be and I know that a lot of people have been there. Even with that, the percentage of all people that have, or are around pits that actually get attacked by them is still low. They may be higher than those compared to something like a golden retriever, but still low.
It’s a numbers game and insurance companies are great at those. Life and what you make of it is strongly shaped by the company you keep. Same goes for dogs.

Get me? Or, do you still think I’m dumb?

Actually most insurance companies will insure a home owner with a pit is the home owner produces a "Canine Good Citizen Certificate".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
A guy up the road here got attacked similarly. Dog grabbed his leg and wouldn't let go,,,,until he ran the 7" blade of a USMC Ka-Bar he always carried when walking the back roads through it's chest.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Highoctane

Had one to attack my grandson in the yard. Killed that dog where he stood...Those that have these you had better hope that your dog doesn't seriously harm or kill someone. Juries award many many many tens of thousands for negligent ownership. Not sure about all states, but in a good many the pet owner is 100% responsible for ol he's "just a big ol babies" actions..

Couldn’t agree more. If you’re not responsible enough to own something, you shouldn’t have it. And if you’re responsible for someone getting hurt, prepare to pay the piper.

Juries in our area have awarded exemplary amounts above and well beyond what insurance companies cover for these incidents.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That black guy finally put something on him that Ajax won't take off. powdr

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by Springcove
That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳

To much white trash thinking it's ok to raise a pit to be a bad azz to make up for their own insecurities. I've seen Pits and Rots so loving you'd think they were a cat..

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

But like Roger said, his WAS raised right and still turned on him. I'm sure many owners of pits that have attacked people unprovoked feel they raised them right.

I’ll just keep living life on the edge I suppose. If I had a middle name, it would be DANGER.

When you think you’ve about heard most all of it, you read this.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"Now to your assessment on the guns/cars/whatever... When you strap your child into a car seat are you guaranteeing their safety? Can you guarantee that other drivers aren’t going to smash into your vehicle? Of course you can’t."

Correct, you can't. But you manage risk as best you can. That's why you have a car with seat belts, a car seat, drive responsibly, stay home if the streets are icy, etc. And you balance risk with reward. The risk of taking your child in a car is balanced by the reward of maybe taking her to the doctor, or school, or to visit grandparents. You take a risk crossing the street. However, if you are smart in life, you don't take unnecessary risk and you reduce it when possible. There are many, many dog breeds that you could have chosen that would have left your family and others less likely to be mauled and seriously hurt or killed. Many options for dog breeds that are warm, cuddly, and good with kids.

Perry
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
What is the difference between a pitbull and my S & W model 657?

My revolver has never made up its own mind to get up out of the shade and kill someone"s child.

What is the difference between a pitbull and my Jack Russel.

Not very damned much, except I can drop kick the JRT over the yard fence. And yorkies are just as bad. They are all three great dogs if you have something that needs killing.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What dogs breeds do you like?

No such animal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anyone who thinks that a pit can be trained or raised a certain way that make him safe is a fool and knows nothing about dogs .

When a dog has the correct stimulus instinct and breeding take over period .

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
When a dog has the correct stimulus instinct and breeding take over period .

the 'white trash' crowd would disagree

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
[quote=Shag][quote=Springcove]That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳

My pit has been the best dog of my life. Very loving and interactive with people and other dogs. She has always been great with people and other animals, we even lived with a cat for a few months. A couple of years ago she was attacked two different times by the same chocolate lab. Now she’s alpha around other dogs since then, but still hasn’t attacked any. I agree with the idea that it’s how the dog is raised that matters. They are pack animals and need structure.

But like Roger said, his WAS raised right and still turned on him. I'm sure many owners of pits that have attacked people unprovoked feel they raised them right.

I’ll just keep living life on the edge I suppose. If I had a middle name, it would be DANGER.

I was being facetious.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
[quote=Shag][quote=Springcove]That’s really surprising for such a gentle breed 😳😳😳

I was being facetious.

I was thinking you were being facetious throughout the whole thread.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Last edited by longarm; 03/06/19. Reason: Typo
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Don't see Newfies on the list. I'm happy with one of them I just wish they lived longer.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have the cutest granddaughter in the world and she lives with two yellow labs The younger male adores her. The older female wants nothing to do with her.

It scares me every day that, that older female is going to snap on her.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I have the cutest granddaughter in the world and she lives with two yellow labs The younger male adores her. The older female wants nothing to do with her.

One of my Uncles big silver GSD bit my step-sister in the butt and on her head, Uncle called the dog off, then over to him, he pulled a kindling hatchet off the woodpile and buried it to the hilt in the top of the dogs skull, told me to grab a shovel out of the shed and follow him, we dug a hole and buried that dog, I was about 10 years old, learned then and there that there are severe consequences for bad choices in this world.

Uncle never spoke of it again, hope you, her parents, or your little granddaughter don't have to deal with any of that Rooster.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

***EDIT***

This made me just text the oldest and tell her my concerns and she said that the older female has accepted the new addition and needs a kiss every night from the granddaughter before gong to sleep. Dang labs.....

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

***EDIT***

This made me just text the oldest and tell her my concerns and she said that the older female has accepted the new addition and needs a kiss every night from the granddaughter before gong to sleep. Dang labs.....

Great News Rooster! cool

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunner500

One of my Uncles big silver GSD bit my step-sister in the butt and on her head, Uncle called the dog off, then over to him, he pulled a kindling hatchet off the woodpile and buried it to the hilt in the top of the dogs skull, told me to grab a shovel out of the shed and follow him, we dug a hole and buried that dog, I was about 10 years old, learned then and there that there are severe consequences for bad choices in this world.

Uncle never spoke of it again, hope you, her parents, or your little granddaughter don't have to deal with any of that Rooster.

Holy crap, Gunner! That is some deep shidt to take in as a kid!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Holy crap, Gunner! That is some deep shidt to take in as a kid!

Yessir, that's the way I was raised, and not to get all drama queen on ya, but, when I read your post it all came flooding back, that dogs name was rooster cogburn, watch out for the little one Sir, I know You will. smile

Trump Won!
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 49 invisible), 3,006 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,968
Posts18,519,591
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.