R
rnovi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
It just kinda warms the heart...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ons-upsetting-wildlife-advocates-n980231

The wailing and gnashing of teeth sounds so lovely.

Hunt Africa while you can
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Long despised by farmers and ranchers, wolves were shot, trapped and poisoned out of existence in most of the U.S. by the mid-20th century."

That just made the stockman's job that much easier, one less problem to worry about. The eco-weenies have always had the option of traveling up to Canada if they really wanted to be around wolves so much....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a fan of the wolf.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I am. Especially the one whose pelt hangs on my wall. Come after my Lab, will you...... smile

Seriously, I do like wolves. To a point. The problem being that wolves are very often "too much of a good thing". The only thing they do better than drag down game to eat is breed prolifically.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
"But wildlife advocates have fought to keep federal protections kept in place until wolves repopulate more of their historic range that stretched across most of North America."

All in favor of re-introducing wolves to Central Park and Union Square, raise your hand.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Orion2000
"But wildlife advocates have fought to keep federal protections kept in place until wolves repopulate more of their historic range that stretched across most of North America."

All in favor of re-introducing wolves to Central Park and Union Square, raise your hand.

Defenders of wildlife would be ok with wolves waiting for breakfast at the kids bus stop as long as it wasn't their kids .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Enviros are gearing up for a long court battle. To them: the "endangered status" means protecting forever. Plus, wolves kill big game and they value that as a means to decrease hunter success.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

glad to hear this good news......

you guys in in the 'wolf belt' need to get busy before the fawn/calf season

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Defenders of wildlife would be ok with wolves waiting for breakfast at the kids bus stop as long as it wasn't their kids .

Yep. Specifically why I cited those two locations...

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is the bottom line - limiting human hunters--eliminating privately owned firearms is the real motive.

There is no concern for elk by the greenies leaving California and building their lavish condos in winter elk habitat...

Wolves will kill what they can, the weaker animals get it first. Specifically mature breeding bulls and bucks worn out by breeding and doing all they can passing on good genetics. Gee, that seems to get lost in all the diseased animal--help the herd talk. A quick study of the mature bucks taken by human hunters in Michigan's UP since the wolf was planted, will show you a steep decline in quality of mature deer bucks concurrent with the wolf population expanding--as opposed to what is happening in the rest of the state.

And it isn't the weather or climate change. We have been having winter for some time...

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are dogs. Bad dogs that go around in packs killing things they shouldn't. Period. If wildlife populations need control let PEOPLE kill and eat the excess. A rancher said it best when he said he didn't want to hear about how wolves take out the sick and weak. He observed that "25 wolves can run any thing down and kill it"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Its about time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
glad to hear this good news......you guys in in the 'wolf belt' need to get busy before the fawn/calf season
If any of you up there need help shooting them I'll be glad to bring my binoculars and .30-06 rifle. I'm not a bad shot and I like eliminating canine livestock depredators.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see that the NPS just dropped another 4 wolves into Isle Royal Nat. Park to eat the excess moose. It didn't work before, it won't work now. The only way to get rid of 1500 excess moose is by shooting them.
WOLVES

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Who was the wolf lover on here several years ago - maybe a game warden ?

So easy to spot a liberal - when folks would present facts to him about declining deer numbers - it was always the weather anything else he could dream up . Someone said OK it's the weather -rough tough winter - now add in wolves and he had an excuse why the wolves would make the circumstances better for the deer herd .

These people [defenders] know what they're doing - just keep repeating crap over and over no matter what the obvious facts are - that's their story and they're sticking to it .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

So easy to spot a liberal - when folks would present facts to him about declining deer numbers - it was always the weather anything else he could dream up . Someone said OK it's the weather -rough tough winter - now add in wolves and he had an excuse why the wolves would make the circumstances better for the deer herd .

These people [defenders] know what they're doing - just keep repeating crap over and over no matter what the obvious facts are - that's their story and they're sticking to it .

There's more than one here.

I don't mind wolves themselves... There are places for wolves where they flourish, and that's fine by me. Let 'em flourish.

The problem I have is the meddling SOB's that force wolf/human/livestock conflicts by putting them where they DON'T belong. mad

They do that for several reasons, and the least of which are what they say in their mission statements.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who was the wolf lover on here several years ago - maybe a game warden?..........
Most state game wardens do not approve of wolves.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

There's more than one here.

I don't mind wolves themselves... There are places for wolves where they flourish, and that's fine by me. Let 'em flourish.

The problem I have is the meddling SOB's that force wolf/human/livestock conflicts by putting them where they DON'T belong. mad

They do that for several reasons, and the least of which are what they say in their mission statements.
You can put wolves where they belong but they're way too mobile. It won't take long before they're where they don't belong. They were planted in restricted areas of ID/WY/MT. It wasn't too many years before they started showing up all over those states and then in OR and WA.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There needs to be no season and no bag limits on them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (222Sako, 160user, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 1badf350, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,189
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.