Print Thread
Hop To
#13633028 03/07/19
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
At the range my K6S failed to fire! Yes it was loaded!
Got five more clicks. Looked through the firing pin holel. Didn’t see the firing pin.
Kimber fixed and returned quickly. Now I check the firing before shooting. Unable to carry because of loss of confidence.
FYI!

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Deputy_Norm
....Unable to carry because of loss of confidence.
FYI!

....the # of people "unable to carry because of loss of confidence" in Kimbers is staggering.....those that like them, love them, I guess that's like most manufacturers however. My Kimber loss of confidence has been in their rifles.....absolutely beautiful pieces of martial artistry, but their accuracy was a crap shoot (pun intended). Glad you discovered your Kimber-malady in a non-life-threatening situation.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Been there, done that, Norm. Sold all my Kimbers for that reason years ago.

PS How have you been? You haven’t been a regular here for many years. Good to see you back.

PPS Buy a Glock, learn to shoot it well, and rest assured.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unable to carry because of loss of confidence.
FYI!

What does that mean?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the range my K6S failed to fire! Yes it was loaded!
Got five more clicks. Looked through the firing pin holel. Didn’t see the firing pin.
Kimber fixed and returned quickly. Now I check the firing before shooting. Unable to carry because of loss of confidence.
FYI!

Luckily there is an easy fix. It comes from Smith & Wesson.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

...hummm...what does one do if one is shooting a G34 and has the case head blow out.... What does one do if it then happens on a G40 and G20 on the same day with FACTORY AMMO..... And you stand there and see it happen with a G23, G20 and two G19s several of which were shooting FACTORY ammo.

I must be crazy as all the above happened to me with Glocks and I still carry a G19 as my out of state LEOSA carry gun and the same G40 that blew up as a my anti car-jacking gun...

...and yet the two Kimbers I have, that have been shot a lot more, have never failed me.

If one lost confidence in every mechanical object that broke, it would get very expensive.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJM
...I still carry a G19 as my out of state LEOSA carry gun and the same G40 that blew up as a my anti car-jacking gun...

When the bad guy reaches in the driver's window and you blow up a G40 in his face I bet he gives it up.

Regarding the K6S, the trivia running around my head that I can't quite corral is that Kimber redesigned the firing pin and bushing. Dry-firing got most of the blame.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least it didn't cost much.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJM

...hummm...what does one do if one is shooting a G34 and has the case head blow out.... What does one do if it then happens on a G40 and G20 on the same day with FACTORY AMMO..... And you stand there and see it happen with a G23, G20 and two G19s several of which were shooting FACTORY ammo.

I must be crazy as all the above happened to me with Glocks and I still carry a G19 as my out of state LEOSA carry gun and the same G40 that blew up as a my anti car-jacking gun...

...and yet the two Kimbers I have, that have been shot a lot more, have never failed me.

If one lost confidence in every mechanical object that broke, it would get very expensive.

Bob

Limp wristing! A tighter grip solves all Glock problems!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
At least it didn't cost much.

Too soon.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
And I was thinking about buying a K6s... I have a j frame. And a glock 43, but really liked tha looks of the Kimber.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

You saw all that in one day? 7 (all BS aside, normally reliable guns) had major failures?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 03/07/19.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by RJM

Bob

You saw all that in one day? 7 (all BS aside, normally reliable guns) had major failures?

WTF is an anti car-jacking gun? If I had to have such a thing I'd [bleep] move

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain

WTF is an anti car-jacking gun? If I had to have such a thing I'd [bleep] move

Ithaca Auto & Burglar

Designed as an anti highway robbery gun, back in the days before the creation of the highway patrol.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Something to said about the older S&W and Colt revolvers....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I fully understand loss of confidence, and to the point of not ever returning, I bought a custom Colt 1911 loaded with titanium race gun parts, [read, lighter and faster, but soft] I hit the slide release one day and BOOM!, the hammer followed the slide home, I took that thing to my 'Smith, had him load it with Ed Brown guts and set everything to factory spec and sold it, I really loved, and wanted to keep that pistol.

Trump Won!
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
...should have been a little clearer...

Ther two 19s and the 34 were back in the late 1990s on three separate days. I was shooting the 34 when it blew a web and the two 19s were a short time apart in the hands of co-workers I was giving lessons to. One with factory rounds and one with reloads.

The 23 was with Winchester Whitebox factory ammo in 2013 in the hands of a student standing in front of me...same with the 21 but that was a reload a few weeks later.

The 40 and 20 were both the same day. Same box of ammo but I had already fired several boxes of the same ammo on previous occasions...this was posted here on the CF when it happened.

I bought the G40 because of the Underwood Xtreme Penetrator rounds. Is more compact and to me easier to shoot than one of the rifle caliber pistols.... It sits in a case under the center armrest very discretely...

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Something to said about the older S&W and Colt revolvers....

I'm getting to know some of that GOOD right now! cool

Trump Won!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,419
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.