Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,744 of 1,842 1 2 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1841 1842
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks again.

I have been waiting to ask you this. Is there anything you cant do? The do it yourselfers are getting rare.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jim, that cabin is awesome!
And by the way, I don’t think anyone on here will be bored with your pics. No matter when they’re from.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice buck Jim. I like your ML too. Is that 58 a little tougher to find bullets or round balls for?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Don't worry about the name, it made me laugh.

When I signed on here in 2004 it was the first forum I had joined and I needed a screen name. My world was maybe smaller or something, I figured I was from way up north or something. Well, I'm almost on the Canadian border, but Canada in it's entirety is further north than me, Alaska as well. lol!

Posting your pic was clumsy for me, best way to show you is if you hit the quote button for my post of your picture. Then the text box will display what I used. I trimmed an "imbed" link down to the [img] [/img] portion and it worked. There is likely a cleaner and quicker way to do it but I've never used flicker before.

Our sauna is unfinished. frown

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Our sauna is unfinished. frown

Lets finish it. Wheeler ride/sauna building weekend in September...

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm considering starting fresh on that project, not certain though.

Mama has plans to add on to the cabin, run some........ electricity? gasp!

We will see. I will be busy enough with some business stuff this spring. got a couple grand babies coming too (1 boy, 1 girl)

going to be a busy summer!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Where the heck would you run electricity from?

She wants electricity out there so the babies will be comfortable. laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pam wants Dave, to put a great big diesel generator, in the unfinished sauna house.

Oh, & for him to sound proof it too !

grin

I know wimmenz.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that going in next to the theatre room with surround sound and 3D screens?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
What's next? tele-communications? Motion pictures? With sound? With color?

I can't keep up with this woman.

Probably wants running water and an indoor toilet too.

Something clever here.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Who needs a sauna anyway? Might as well get a hot tub for the kiddos! Put it next to the flush toilet and hot water shower.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave
What's next? tele-communications? Motion pictures? With sound? With color?

I can't keep up with this woman.

Probably wants running water and an indoor toilet too.

Pooping in the same house you eat in? That's downright uncivilized.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
GG, I was surprised to see this. Didnt know I had posted a pic of the muzzleloader buck? Did you see it on Flicker? I dont see the 58 stuff in stores much but its available regularly online. That buck was the first deer I've taken with a 58 I was very very impressed with the round ball over the 50 cal I had used previously. My Dad & I had a great hunt together that year, will post it here when I get the pic thing figured out.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
My home is actually in the northern tip of Michigan, not quite a yuper but if I can get my health issues figured out & retire soon Ontario would be a nice summer home, for me anyway. The wife says she will stay there when there is running water, electricity & a "real bathroom". That one is usually a deal breaker for a lot of the girls, Personally, it's a small cabin, don;t really want that on the inside.

Do you have gas lights inside ? They are fairly easy to install and connect directly to your LP tank(s). I have 3 in the main part of the cabin, use a headlamp or led lantern in the loft and bedroom. No gas lanterns to worry about although the newer lanterns with screw on LP tanks are WAY better than the old Coleman style. Am I aging myself here?

Have you ever had any ambitions to build a log cabin? My neighbor in Ontario built an awesome log sauna on a concrete slab. He is an exceptional carpenter and put a lot of work into it but it is still rustic. Might be a fun project if you ever had the time. His sauna makes mine look like a shack.

As far as electricity or running a generator. Every time one of my neighbors runs the generator for more than an hour I find myself wanting to move to a more remote lake. I love to sit there and listen to the quiet. I do use a generator to run tools and my water pump when needed.

Did you ever put in a well? My well is about 20-25 feet and was hand driven, not a ton of work but better to have a friend or two. There is a hand pump and a shallow well pump also for filling a water barrel in the loft so we have gravity feed water to the sink & a shower. Be happy to go into more detail if you are interested? I am still not done reading all of this so maybe sorry if I am behind on details.

Going to work on posting pictures .

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[Linked Image]

I eliminated everything but the img to img, hope this works

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Love it Jim!!!

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[Linked Image]

This frosty Sept. morning

[Linked Image]

To this beautiful fall day

[Linked Image]

To one of my biggest pike. I love pike fishing about as much as I like deer hunting.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[Linked Image]

Is this the buck you are reffering to?

[Linked Image]

My Dad who is 86 shot this buck on Nov,15 I shot mine with the ML on Dec 3
From the same stand. It was a special year for us. He didn't say it but I think he wished he had gone back out during the ML in Dec.!

[Linked Image]

This 285? grain 58 cal round ball was under the hide behind the far shoulder after going through the onside shoulder blade and hitting the bottom edge of the spine

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Welcome Jim!

This is about the only thread on the 'Fire that has never blown up into a schdit show of insults and arguments. That is saying something when you think about the number of posts on here.

It is not quite as active as of late but with new blood such as yourself finding and posting it could pick back up.

I picked up a 760 in 6mm last spring from the estate of a childhood friends deceased father. It was more of keepsake thing for me as I spent a lot of time at his place growing up. I mainly hunt in the shotgun zone but have a few deer rifles.

I will re-scope the 760 and play with it this summer and probably focus on hunting more in the rife zone areas in the fall. My buddy's Dad would smile if I shot a deer with it.

Again welcome!

Rooster Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thank you tzone. I did not build it but finished some of the inside, made several trips to the dump and after a few years of collected & donated "cool stuff" it becomes your own. Now it is a matter of upkeep and no more donations.
And just looking at the lake, sometimes from inside sometimes from the boat.

Page 1,744 of 1,842 1 2 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.