Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
This chapter makes a lot of sense to me and is how I see it.
Romans chapter 6

“What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.

Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-6, 8-23‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/rom.6.1-6,8-23.esv

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 16bore
Whether you swear or murder, sin is sin.

The guy who swears, and other wise leads a good life, is in no way morally equivalent to this guy:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...me-things-just-fill-you-with-rage#UNREAD

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
Whether you swear or murder, sin is sin.

Maybe so, but some sin is a lot more fun than other sin.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fireball is too drunk to type out Bible verse right now.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'd love to see this worthless POS get hit by a bus
[Linked Image]

I'd sure feel sorry for the bus driver.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jahrs
I am and I don’t see the freedom in living the way some do here.

As a Christian, we have to be an example of how to live our lives and refrain from pointing fingers (judging) others.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I thought drinking and bashing others were facets of Christianity? And good luck bashing someone without swear words. I've been effectively swearing at people since at least third grade.

The sins of the father will be visited on the sons through the (humm) 3rd or 4th generation. Doesnt matter. Im just the second gen. wink

Jesus didnt cuss when he whipped the money changers out of the sinnygog, but i aint Jesus.

In fact, i may not even be a Christian but i believe in Jesus Christ.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I can’t help but notice that a good amount of Christians here who quote Scripture and talk of God, as if they know Him in certain Christian/Bible related threads, then in other threads, they’ll talk about drinking, bashing others, cussing like a sailor etc.
Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you are forgiven and then can go and act the fool once you’ve asked for forgiveness. I’ve been there before and there comes a time that you must get off of the fence.
Just an observation

Has been an issue for the past 2000 years. Paul wrote about it in Romans. Not condoning it. Just part of the human condition...

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I told a cop that I was Jewish one time.

He had me for DUI and I said that we Jews often partake in wine at dinner time.

The things you come up with at 15 eh?

Did the Lord save your lying ass? grin

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I can’t help but notice that a good amount of Christians here who quote Scripture and talk of God, as if they know Him in certain Christian/Bible related threads, then in other threads, they’ll talk about drinking, bashing others, cussing like a sailor etc.
Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you are forgiven and then can go and act the fool once you’ve asked for forgiveness. I’ve been there before and there comes a time that you must get off of the fence.
Just an observation

Has been an issue for the past 2000 years. Paul wrote about it in Romans. Not condoning it. Just part of the human condition...

Just one more reason Christianity is so fractionated, Grace vs. Deeds.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/07/19.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No he did not.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just here?

J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

As a Christian, we have to be an example of how to live our lives and refrain from pointing fingers (judging) others.

I believe you are half right

C.H. Spurgeon
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Just an observation

Im trying to do better. You did right by reminding us of our sin.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/07/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Paul said, “Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but such as is edification for the moment.”

Moses said, “The Lord will not leave him unpunished that takes His name in vain.”

Certainly a true disciple of Christ abides by these tenets with no question.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
J
Jahrs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
We should be able to judge other Christians if they are in the wrong, And that is who I’m talking about.

C.H. Spurgeon
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Just an observation

Im trying to do better,

That's all we can ask.

Perfection is not possible. I'm satisfied with the man who continues to make progress.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Just an observation

Just one more reason Christianity is so fractionated, Grace vs. Deeds.

This^^^. God bless you, AS, as your needs may be.

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I believe you are half right

Please tell me what I left out.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 450yukon, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 2ndwind, 27 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,634
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.