I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
it was 1992. I was 9 years old. My dad was an outfitter here in WY at the time. Most of his clients would come in, kill an elk or deer, ship the head back home and leave the meat with us. As a result we had a gigantic chest freezer out in the mud room FULL of elk and deer meat. It was early July, we'd gone out of town for a week, temps were in the low 80's. Upon our return home dad tasks me with retrieving a package of elk steaks or a roast. I don't recall which. As I'd done many times before I ripped the door to the chest freezer open like I was in the gym trying to set the record for the clean and jerk.. The freezer had died while we were gone. And built up a great deal of noxious gas from the decomp playing out from inside the freezer. It hit me like a Mike Tyson upper cut to the jaw. I instantly projectile vomited akin to the exorcism of Emily Rose and fell into a pile on the floor. I remember crying like I'd had my birthday taken away. Dad came in to see what the commotion was about and had the exact same reaction, minus the crying in the fetal position. He managed to get the freezer door shut. As I recall we drug the freezer out of that room with a tractor and a tow strap, and dug a DEEP hole in the north forty and cast the freezer in there and buried it. I'll never, as long as I live forget that smell.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You want to know a bad one?

Pumping out the blood tank on the kill floor.

Fugging awful!

Some guy would go spread it on his fields.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
One of my uncles went on a two day trip and while he was gone a pet turtle died, when him and my aunt walked into the house the smell about floored them. It was a small turtle also, one could only imagine what a large snapper would smell like

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Found grand mother dead in her house 45 years ago. She had been dead a week. That sight and smell stays with you forever. I didn’t sleep for a week.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
100 degree weather for a couple days. Cat dead behind wiper motor on Buick Rendezvous.
Hair was slipping. Bloated.
Lady said she called a friend to get it out.
I told her he better be very careful.

Her kid came down and said they thought a mouse had died in the vent, I found the cat.

Lived 2 houses down. Bud and I working on Jeeps when kid asked for help.

Their "uncle" showed up and 2 hoiuses down we caught the wave. Yup, he popped it.
The gal and mom screaming, uncle whateverthefook his name was, was puking in the alley, trying to run away.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Wait til you pop a stoma bag in the dumpster of a medical facility. When I was dumping garbage from a dumpster at a medical facility, I saw a plastic bag with the label “Stoma bag” what they didn’t tell you was not to bust it. I ran the blade of the packer back and squished the bag between the packer blade and the hopper of the garbage truck.

The smell was so bad, you couldn’t even smell it before the gag reflex hit you and you were puking your guts out. Sewage, gut piles and rotten flesh is perfume compared to the odor of a freshly popped stoma bag...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing worse than a rotting field of cabbage..

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've smelled a lot of nasty stuff, but the one that I always think of happened in high school. One of my not so smart classmates thought it would be funny to put a quart or two of chocolate milk and a big bunch of earthworms in a container, then let it sit in his locker all school year. With about 3 weeks to go he heaved it down the hallway and it sprayed all over the floor, lockers, walls, etc.. That whole half of the school had to be evacuated with kids puking all over. It took a long time for that smell to finally disappear.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Renegade50 is holding back. He helped me out one time when I was up shît creek.

He cleaned out my rental property of the previous tenant's belongings. She died and melted into the couch. Said the FireDept had to scoop her up with a fuggin snow shovel. Ren hauled that couch off for me in his Scooby Doo van. Had to hold his head out the window like Ace Ventura. 😂😂

I couldnt stop laughing when he told me. Dude is just dead pan cold explaining this shît to me bout her still clutching an expired cigarette butt, all while i'm laid up after a surgery.

I really shouldnt laugh at the situation, but the ole goose had had more heart attacks than Larry King.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lennie
Humpback whales breath when they blow. Get down wind and close to them when they blow for the ultimate bad breath.

Oh yeah!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To All,

The smell of a dead skunk that got into our camp's house years ago & died sometime in the preceding month may not be the worst stink on Earth but it'll do til the worst stink comes along. = Before he died he sprayed the cabin really well too.

It was months until that awful smell went away.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not that bad, not me, but I LMAO.

Doing physical therapy, I hear this twenty something therapist talking to another.
Just out of school, he lived with his parents yet, and they still held him to
pretty tight standards.

Anyway, he had a hot date planned at his grandmother's cabin in the woods.
Had bought wine, going to cook a nice dinner......romance!

Dropping off his supplies on Wednesday, he saw a skunk. Out comes the 22, he shot it.
If ran under the cabin, died, and pissed itself empty.

He was asking everyone, "how do I get rid of the smell"?
Busting a gut, i ask if he could get to the skunk.
"No"

Now I'm in pain,

"You ain't gittin' rid of the smell, its only gonna' get worse".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Wait til you pop a stoma bag in the dumpster of a medical facility. When I was dumping garbage from a dumpster at a medical facility, I saw a plastic bag with the label “Stoma bag” what they didn’t tell you was not to bust it. I ran the blade of the packer back and squished the bag between the packer blade and the hopper of the garbage truck.

The smell was so bad, you couldn’t even smell it before the gag reflex hit you and you were puking your guts out. Sewage, gut piles and rotten flesh is perfume compared to the odor of a freshly popped stoma bag...

When we were young boys, we would cruise the neighborhood alleys for coke bottles we could turn in for money. (I think the folks were leaving the bottle for the trash guys as sort of a tip, or courtesy, but we were broke little turds, and wanted candy and BB's we could buy with the money.) wink

One such summer day a dog had tipped over a trash can, and there were a couple of those grunt bags laying there in the ground. We'd never seen anything like that. and wondered what it was... Not sure who had the bright idea to jump on them as they laid there in that alley, but it wasn't such a great idea... It popped and we got it on either our shoes or jeans, or both.

Run! sick

Then we all got whippin's because we ruined our jeans and shoes. grin Our mothers called each other wanting to know what we'd found that was so nasty...

It finally dawned on them what kind of bag that was, and what was in it... I don't know about my buddy's, but when my mom found out what kind of bag that was, I got another whuppin'! cry

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I shot a skunk in the yard about a month ago. I moved it 400 yards into the field and could still smell it.

What power. Nothing compares.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I weedeated a ripe diaper in the tall grass next to the mailbox. Tasted worse than it smelled though.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Used to be a local company that had the contract with the county to pick up dead farm animals. You did not want to follow behind that truck on a hot day. I have seen the drivers stop at a store, get a sandwich, and then set there in that truck eating. They either didn't have a sense of smell, or else they had some kind of odor preventive that made it bearable.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
One that comes to mind is a group of porta-johns beside the MOUT village /town at Ft. Bragg in the summer of 1985. Better to take an etool and some TP and find a place in the piney woods.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would agree that rotting human tissue is the worst. My first one was the old cranky neighbor that finally someone felt they were missing after a week of not seeing them.
My second one was in med school, had a old crazy guy get gangrene in his crotch. They had to put him in the isolation room just for the smell. It took a 8 hour surgery to clean things up, he lost his scrotum, but got to keep his testicles they just tucked them up somewhere. We would smear the inside of the surgical masks with toothpaste, to drown out the smell.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In my teens . . .

A couple friends I was fishing with caught a couple dozen frogs as we were packing up our gear.
I had a plastic pail & lid in my trunk for the frogs, and when we got home and unloaded our stuff
the pail had tipped over and all the frogs had disappeared in deep recesses between the trunk
and fender wells. It was a summer hot spell and I figured they would just dry up and
become some kind of inert unseen material.

A couple weeks went by as I only rode my motorcycle and I forgot all about the frogs.
On a Friday evening and the continuing hot spell - I had a date and ran to my parked car
which had sat had sat locked-up since the fishing trip.

In a practiced maneuver I'd run to my car, key in hand, open door, jump into front seat,
close door, put key in ignition, start car, shift to drive, squeal tires, and roll down side window.
All in about a fraction of 1 second.

I don't think I hardly turned the ignition key before I felt trapped and was choking and started to panic.
As the door opened I did a diving forward roll out into the street. Gacking and delirious.
I didn't think anything could possibly smell that bad.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.