Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

John, or anyone else for that matter, who else will chamber this cartridge? Right now Win, Savage, and I believe Mossberg have it listed as an option. And there is an AR company listing it. More specifically, I’m wondering if Ruger might go for it.

Any news on the industry grapevine?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
George,

Where did you see that Savage was listing it? I looked on their website and could not find it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by barm
George,

Where did you see that Savage was listing it? I looked on their website and could not find it.

Same here

Gerry.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I received an email from MGM today that said it will have Encore barrels in the 350 Legend.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

My apologies. I thought I saw it but was looking for rifles in both the Legend and the Bushmaster and it must have been the latter I saw on the Sav ‘site.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some actual ballistics info would be nice. How does it compare to the 357 Maximum from equal barrel lengths?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

About midway down the first page is a list of loads/velocities which will presumably be available. I didn’t see a reference listed for these so....

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/new-caliber-350-legend.634875/page-2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
This cartridge appears to be the answer to a question no one asked.It can`t do anything a 35 Max can`t do.bla,bla,bla

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Huntz
This cartridge appears to be the answer to a question no one asked.It can`t do anything a 35 Max can`t do.bla,bla,bla

I agree the 350 Legend should = the .357 Max or close to it..
That's a good place to be..
Now show me a off the shelf bolt action chambered for the .357 Max or a AR-15 ..
bla,bla,bla.. smirk

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

But it’s [/b] another [b] answer for folks limited by states’ regulations to straight-walled cartridges for deer hunting if they want to use a centerfire.. So there’s a niche market waiting for it which was probably a big factor in the 450 Bushmaster’s success.

It seems for many of those questioning “why the 350 Legend?” the realities of a handful of states and their specific regulations regarding firearms for deer continues to be lost on them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The regulations some come up with🙄.

Seems to be a decent deer cartridge for those who need it.

Just found out that our game department has put a season on tree rats AKA squirrels.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would just go with a 375 Win in a lever action.A AR does not have much of an advantage over a lever and most States restrict the amount you can have in your magazine for hunting.I am betting this is another go no where cartridge.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Except a .375 Win does not fit the 1.8" case length restrictions of the states the .350 was designed for.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I would just go with a 375 Win in a lever action.A AR does not have much of an advantage over a lever and most States restrict the amount you can have in your magazine for hunting.I am betting this is another go no where cartridge.Huntz

The 375 Win is too long.

"The 350 Legend is perfect for the states that are restricted to 1.8″ straight wall case for hunting". (matchgrademachine)

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” Tolkien
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only reservation I'd have is what may happen when the demand in the target market is filled. Hunters don't buy all that much ammo.

Ought to be a killer-diller for CQ combat, with less recoil than the .450.

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The only reservation I'd have is what may happen when the demand in the target market is filled. Hunters don't buy all that much ammo.

Ought to be a killer-diller for CQ combat, with less recoil than the .450.

Hopefully the AR crowd will shoot it enough to keep the ammo in production.

I wonder how many of the other "shotgun only" states may consider the switch to straight wall cartridges for deer hunting. I don't see much movement that way in Mass or CT, what other states are there?

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ruger has already scheduled it for the American Ranch. 1500 will be at a dealer in Michigan in a few months.

The cartridge is an overrated POS. Winchester used a bunch of BS jargon and fudged numbers to make it look more appealing than the polished turd it actually is. A 243 or 30-30 would be better in all respects. They compare it to the 357 max. but there is no comparison.

Can't use a standard AR magazine, and you can't resize from 223 brass or even 223 basic brass.

Hornady is going to jump on the ship and get out ammo before Winchester does. But, it will be their abysmal FTX crap, and will have more failure in field tests than the junk 450 bullet they now sell.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KenMi
Ruger has already scheduled it for the American Ranch. 1500 will be at a dealer in Michigan in a few months.

The cartridge is an overrated POS. Winchester used a bunch of BS jargon and fudged numbers to make it look more appealing than the polished turd it actually is. A 243 or 30-30 would be better in all respects. They compare it to the 357 max. but there is no comparison.

Can't use a standard AR magazine, and you can't resize from 223 brass or even 223 basic brass.

Hornady is going to jump on the ship and get out ammo before Winchester does. But, it will be their abysmal FTX crap, and will have more failure in field tests than the junk 450 bullet they now sell.

Apparently, you have done extensive testing and reviewing of the ammo to come to the opinion you have — perhaps you could publish that here so everyone might see it. Also to reiterate a reiteration — again — any “bottle-neck” cartridge ( “the 243 and the 30-30”) is illegal in some of the “shotgun-only” states, so comparisons to these cartridges don’t matter. On the other hand, they do matter!, because the reg’s that require straight-walled cartridges are in place to eliminate these very cartridges that have longer range potential.

And, the 357 Max is purely, or nearly so, a handloaders project.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by KenMi

If hornady is smart they will load it with the old 180 SSP bullet. Its a near perfect design for this velocity range.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,239 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,710
Posts18,534,869
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.