Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Slider1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I received this today from The Cat Man of Zimbawe!!!

[Linked Image]

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This can't be real, can it?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I truly doubt it’s real. One of the guys here I know is from SA, and he was recently back there for vacation. He says it’s bad, but not as bad as that sign.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I talk to my friend in the RSA almost weekly, they are not concerned. They all have Canadian passports and could leave at a moments notice if they had to.

I would be interested as to context of the sign, location and time. For all we know, the sign could be 30 years old. The President (ANC) certainly does not talk like that. Someone posted an article about Cecil the lion last week. I clicked on the link to see what was new, only to find it was a 4 year old article. So just because this was recently sent (if it is real), does not mean it is current.

Now I am going to sound all racist.Good luck if they did start attacking whites and they did get their farm. Most don't know what a farm is or how to farm. From what I have seen, if someone does not tell them what to do and when to do it, nothing gets done. From my reading of southern Africa, whether Wilbur Smith, Tony Park or the travels of Frederick Selous and other explorers, African males traditionally do not work. Young boys herd cattle, sheep or goats, mature men, f__k and fight, women work. Nothing much has changed. For confirmation of this, look up the BBC report where the former Zimbabwean farmer who had moved to Zambia during the land grab. BBC took him back to his old farm in Zimbabwe. They found his old farm mostly barren and over grown. Most of the buildings were burned down, the foundations crumbling. There was evidence of some agriculture, but most of the little farms (farmed with hoes or single plow/oxen) were abandoned. They met some of the former workers who were still living on the land. They greeted the farmer as if their missing father had come home. They said that when he was their boss, they never had it so good. They always had food, they had jobs, their kids were educated, they had healthcare, they had housing. That is what would happen in the RSA, if the white 10% of the population were killed and the blacks given complete control.

Starvation and anarchy would rule.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/12/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AB2506 Take a look at Angola & Mozambec(sp) after there was a change there in four years the rail road was no longer running because of no on going maintenance and all because the people doing same were replaced with people who didn't have a clue on how to run a rail line. Just saying. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 03/12/19.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AB2506
I talk to my friend in the RSA almost weekly, they are not concerned. They all have Canadian passports and could leave at a moments notice if they had to.

I would be interested as to context of the sign, location and time. For all we know, the sign could be 30 years old. The President (ANC) certainly does not talk like that. Someone posted an article about Cecil the lion last week. I clicked on the link to see what was new, only to find it was a 4 year old article. So just because this was recently sent (if it is real), does not mean it is current.

Now I am going to sound all racist.Good luck if they did start attacking whites and they did get their farm. Most don't know what a farm is or how to farm. From what I have seen, if someone does not tell them what to do and when to do it, nothing gets done. From my reading of southern Africa, whether Wilbur Smith, Tony Park or the travels of Frederick Selous and other explorers, African males traditionally do not work. Young boys herd cattle, sheep or goats, mature men, f__k and fight, women work. Nothing much has changed. For confirmation of this, look up the BBC report where the former Zimbabwean farmer who had moved to Zambia during the land grab. BBC took him back to his old farm in Zimbabwe. They found his old farm mostly barren and over grown. Most of the buildings were burned down, the foundations crumbling. There was evidence of some agriculture, but most of the little farms (farmed with hoes or single plow/oxen) were abandoned. They met some of the former workers who were still living on the land. They greeted the farmer as if their missing father had come home. They said that when he was their boss, they never had it so good. They always had food, they had jobs, their kids were educated, they had healthcare, they had housing. That is what would happen in the RSA, if the 10% of whites were killed and the blacks given complete control.

Starvation and anarchy would rule.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/lif...olent-and-dangerous-places-in-the-world/

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...s-story/c82e58c5c1cd7db2b10902ac358be855

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-surge-by-more-than-7-percent-in-a-year

I was born and raised in South Africa and am a 4th generation South African. I left in 1986 but still have immediate family there. I too, speak with them on a frequent basis, and they are worried sheitless. I am exploring all avenues to try to get them out. All I can say is there will always be those who will whistle past the graveyard, and those who would consider the facts. Those whistling past the graveyard are often the ones that have to live with their situation.

Last edited by badger; 03/12/19.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slider1

[Linked Image]

Haha...that looks real.....lol

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Slider1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No it's Fake.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No it's Fake.

Pretty sure Marius was being sarcastic!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have relatives in S.A. The last message I sent them told them they should be thinking Australia.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing like a former South African to spread the word about how bad their former nation is. That has been my observation, it's as if they are trying to justify why they left.

I took some continuing education classes at the local University. One of the instructors was South African. I was excited to talk to her on break because I was going on a trip to the RSA. Talk about negativity. She hated the RSA, didn't want to go visit her relatives. I pressed her as to why she was so negative, learned she had been robbed twice. Once on the beach at Durban, the other in Johannesburg. Understandable, both are areas with high populations - high crime.

One could say that the USA has a very high murder rate, yet most of the Campfire would say that they feel very secure where they live. Yet, stats can be deceptive. Most of the USA murders are within certain ethnic populations in certain parts of major cities. So it is in the RSA (your articles didn't care to mention who was killing who and where, except for the farm murders, but even them are usually linked to areas close to the big cities) and even Canada. I'm completely safe in my community, yet if I were to go to certain parts of my city in the middle of the night, it may not be safe. Some parts of Canada have higher murder rates than the USA.

Most of the people I talk to are in the Eastern Cape. They say it is business as usual. That is where I am heading.

I hope your relatives keep safe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing like a former South African to spread the word about how bad their former nation is. That has been my observation, it's as if they are trying to justify why they left.

I took some continuing education classes at the local University. One of the instructors was South African. I was excited to talk to her on break because I was going on a trip to the RSA. Talk about negativity. She hated the RSA, didn't want to go visit her relatives. I pressed her as to why she was so negative, learned she had been robbed twice. Once on the beach at Durban, the other in Johannesburg. Understandable, both are areas with high populations - high crime.

One could say that the USA has a very high murder rate, yet most of the Campfire would say that they feel very secure where they live. Yet, stats can be deceptive. Most of the USA murders are within certain ethnic populations in certain parts of major cities. So it is in the RSA (your articles didn't care to mention who was killing who and where, except for the farm murders, but even them are usually linked to areas close to the big cities) and even Canada. I'm completely safe in my community, yet if I were to go to certain parts of my city in the middle of the night, it may not be safe. Some parts of Canada have higher murder rates than the USA.

Most of the people I talk to are in the Eastern Cape. They say it is business as usual. That is where I am heading.

Awesome. Hope you have a great trip to the Eastern Cape! Sitting in Toronto at the moment for the last outdoor show of the year for us. Just spent a week in Banff. One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Originally Posted by Tarbe
No it's Fake.

Pretty sure Marius was being sarcastic!

Exactly, Tim!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Also nothing like a former South African who lived there there when times were great, then served his country during the decline, was a participant in the Border War, and saw the writing on the wall. I have skin in the game. Do you?

https://southafricatoday.net/media/...l_9gc-6n8WcAPwO0jZ89_yyxRJELWnKMDBEyiTm4

Last edited by badger; 03/13/19.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do the muzzys allow that?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I hope the sign is fake, especially for those that live and work there.

Anecdotally, I have been to JoBerg four times I believe in the last 10 years. Each time seems progressively worse. Headed to Namibia in a few months and one of my requirements is to not go through the RSA to get there. I have no desire to go back and would be fine if this is my last trip to Southern Africa.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
I hope the sign is fake, especially for those that live and work there.

Anecdotally, I have been to JoBerg four times I believe in the last 10 years. Each time seems progressively worse. Headed to Namibia in a few months and one of my requirements is to not go through the RSA to get there. I have no desire to go back and would be fine if this is my last trip to Southern Africa.

Fake for sure.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
The current problem is that the cyclone that hit Mozambique cut power shipments to SA, so there are rolling blackouts in Jo-burg. Hundreds of cops are directing traffic instead of busting thugs. Not good!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
after this last big storm and the native problems i see no reason for me now to ever go to Africa now ? i was really hoping to go to Africa since i have now retired,now i have the time and the money but i don`t need these problems either,or be sent back in a pine box either !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd be willing to bet that you'll be in more danger on the drive to your airport than being over in South Africa. I went there last year. I'll be back for another hunt as soon as my bank account says "Yes".

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i will just hold back a year or two and see what happens over in Africa, your right going to airports is dangerous.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
If I had the money,I would be going to South Africa tomorrow.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by pete53
after this last big storm and the native problems i see no reason for me now to ever go to Africa now ? i was really hoping to go to Africa since i have now retired,now i have the time and the money but i don`t need these problems either,or be sent back in a pine box either !

A. Avoid flying through Joburg.

B. Hunt in Namibia or Zambia. Both are politically stable and have more wild spaces and a better hunting experience than RSA.

Go. Hunt. Have fun.

The last thing I want on my headstone is "Here lies McCray...he would have done a lot of [bleep], but was afraid!" Lol!

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Visiting is fine. Do not know about living there.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
If I had the money,I would be going to South Africa tomorrow.

i plan on Alaska this year and Montana some

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
When I get the money,I want to hunt Cape buffalo,eland,bush pig and bushbuck.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was hunting buffalo in Zimbabwe in 2017 just as the Mugabe "outster' was starting. A trip into Vic Falls for supplies found no butter, cooking oil, etc. No US dollars either. In the end, it was a great hunt. Forward to 2019 with a buffalo, roan, etc., hunt in Burkino Faso I booked in 2017. I received an email from my booking agent late 2018 that they were shutting down hunting due to Jihadist moving that way. I requested a refund of my deposit and a couple of months later received another email learning that the camp I was to stay in was burned and destroyed. Certainly there is geopolitical risk hunting hunting there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by EdM
I was hunting buffalo in Zimbabwe in 2017 just as the Mugabe "outster' was starting. A trip into Vic Falls for supplies found no butter, cooking oil, etc. No US dollars either. In the end, it was a great hunt. Forward to 2019 with a buffalo, roan, etc., hunt in Burkino Faso I booked in 2017. I received an email from my booking agent late 2018 that they were shutting down hunting due to Jihadist moving that way. I requested a refund of my deposit and a couple of months later received another email learning that the camp I was to stay in was burned and destroyed. Certainly there is geopolitical risk hunting hunting there.

I hear you Ed...I was in Namibia in 1987 when they were " struggling for independence..." and Mandelas ANC blew up my car and my motel....Fast forward to 2000 and I was in Zim when Mugabe sent his boy out with notice that they were seizing the land we were on....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Cancelled a buffalo hunt in Zim a few years ago during one of Mugabe's "elections," because the PH was worried about getting in/out, plus supplies. As it turned out, nothing much happened over there, but the PH was not exactly terrified. Instead he was a realist, having been born and raised in what was then Rhodesia, and being a Selous Scout during the war. Not long afterward he also worked 18 months in the Mideast for the U.S. as an "advisor," mostly for the money to buy a brand-new Land Cruiser for his safari work.

About that time he moved to South Africa, where his family originally settled in the early 1800's, but still guided in Zim. Hunted with him in RSA a couple of times, once on a ranch for Cape kudu, where the owner and ranch foreman were murdered a year or so later by local natives. He gave up PH'ing in Zim after his Land Rover was stolen from inside the walled compound where he stayed in Harare, obviously an inside job. No long afterward he retired to England, where his wife (born in Malawi) also held citizenshop, and his son was working as a gunsmith for some top-notch companies.

Yes, I would go back to Africa again, but have seen some interesting stuff, though not quite like as Ingwe's bombing. It's not like going to Alaska, Canada, South America or Europe--though the last time I hunted in Europe (Finland) in 2015, the big terrorist attack occurred in France, where over 100 people were killed.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by McCray

A. Avoid flying through Joburg.

B. Hunt in Namibia or Zambia. Both are politically stable and have more wild spaces and a better hunting experience than RSA.

Go. Hunt. Have fun.

The last thing I want on my headstone is "Here lies McCray...he would have done a lot of [bleep], but was afraid!" Lol!

I am not sure I will ever make it back, but in my opinion, this is good advice.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Africa is Africa. It ain't the USA. Whites are the minority, even if in South Africa they are the economic drivers. Nothing wrong with flying through Johannesburg. Hire a service like Air 2000 Hunter's Support. Smooths out any potential problems.

OR Tambo is a nicer airport than many in North America, at least in the international departures area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by EdM

I hear you Ed...I was in Namibia in 1987 when they were " struggling for independence..." and Mandelas ANC blew up my car and my motel....Fast forward to 2000 and I was in Zim when Mugabe sent his boy out with notice that they were seizing the land we were on....

Well, damn.

Maybe as a service you could let folks know ahead of time when you're going to be someplace---at least in Africa. That way they can plan not to be there.

Just yankin your chain!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The whole of South Africa cannot be judged differently than the whole of America.

There are locations in the USA nobody is safe to walk around and there are beautiful locations with no chance of danger.

There are areas that enforce the laws and protect the citizens, and there are areas where illegal criminals are protected by the government.

There are places with absurd gun laws and places with almost limitless firearm freedom.

In RSA, there are places that are comfortable and safe ( for now) and there are places you should never go ( just like the USA). I have no doubt this sign could be a real existing billboard. Probably in a 90% black area trying to push out those last remaining White people in that region.

I have seen plenty of signs and graffiti across the whole of southern Africa that are very suggestive of this. It's not a new situation.

The real crime is that anyone without skills can walk into the USA from the southern boarder safe and go onto several different social programs and welfare. But a quality educated skilled South African Family cannot get into the USA quick or easy. The wealth they enjoyed for decades as productive farmers is gone. The land values are nothing and nobody is investing in equipment, homes, etc. The white people by and large have lost all the equity and value in their homes and property now. The best engineers, doctors, and dentists, and other medical professionals have moved to other countries that welcome them for the skills they bring.

This leaves RSA with a very gloomy medical future, especially for those older white folks that cannot financially leave and have been stripped of generations of family farming wealth to survive old age.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The whole of South Africa cannot be judged differently than the whole of America.

There are locations in the USA nobody is safe to walk around and there are beautiful locations with no chance of danger.

There are areas that enforce the laws and protect the citizens, and there are areas where illegal criminals are protected by the government.

There are places with absurd gun laws and places with almost limitless firearm freedom.

In RSA, there are places that are comfortable and safe ( for now) and there are places you should never go ( just like the USA). I have no doubt this sign could be a real existing billboard. Probably in a 90% black area trying to push out those last remaining White people in that region.

I have seen plenty of signs and graffiti across the whole of southern Africa that are very suggestive of this. It's not a new situation.

The real crime is that anyone without skills can walk into the USA from the southern boarder safe and go onto several different social programs and welfare. But a quality educated skilled South African Family cannot get into the USA quick or easy. The wealth they enjoyed for decades as productive farmers is gone. The land values are nothing and nobody is investing in equipment, homes, etc. The white people by and large have lost all the equity and value in their homes and property now. The best engineers, doctors, and dentists, and other medical professionals have moved to other countries that welcome them for the skills they bring.

This leaves RSA with a very gloomy medical future, especially for those older white folks that cannot financially leave and have been stripped of generations of family farming wealth to survive old age.

So, I am guessing the no go areas common to both are infested with angry blacks...bit like parts of Melbourne.

Funny that.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Looks like Detroit

But I bet the hunting is better

Last edited by Quak; 03/25/19.

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by JJHACK

So, I am guessing the no go areas common to both are infested with angry blacks...bit like parts of Melbourne.

Funny that.

Blacks are the “secret ingredient” so to speak. Country doesn’t matter

GOD Bless America
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I am not sure what the situation is in SA today but My wife and I went thru J-burg in 2011, going to hunt and coming home. We saw armed military both times in the airport & not just 1 or 2 but dozens, 3-5 at a time. Some of you say the US is just as bad but I don't remember seeing armed military in any of the airports I have ever been thru in the US.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
The US is obviously not as bad as Africa

Except where the Africans be

GOD Bless America
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Africa is a vast continent with many countries, differing environmental stresses, and political conditions varying from place-to-place. I've made two trips, one to S.A. and another to Namibia. Northern South Africa (Jburg and Durbin) can be really hairy... you can get knifed for your shoes. Cape Town is heaven by comparison with restaurant districts, seaside walks, wineries in the hills. I'd return to Namibia in a second. German-built infrastructure (good roads, safe tap water), a stable government, and fabulous hunting in the Kalahari on farms still owned by whites. It is the country white Africans move to if they leave other parts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grouse chaser; for now

That statement was identical 25 years ago regarding zimbabwe and RSA. There is already unrest brewing in Namibia its the rumble before the roar exactly as it happened in RSA

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read about the rolling blackouts going on now?

Seems the bad guys quickly figured out that alarms don't work when the electricity is off, so when the blackouts come the looting starts. No cameras, no alarms, no electric fences, no problems.... ;(

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris

[Linked Image]

Are you gonna start offering new hunts where we “Spot & Stalk” on these killers? Leave the 375 H&H at home-bring your 7.62 or 5.56 Semi autos and get sum.....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kidding of course...🤫😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris

[Linked Image]

Are you gonna start offering new hunts where we “Spot & Stalk” on these killers? Leave the 375 H&H at home-bring your 7.62 or 5.56 Semi autos and get sum.....😎

Nah, can't get the damn export permits in order.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
[email protected]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of this has been going on for decades.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been to South Africa 10 times in the past 18 years...most recently in February. Going to Zim in August.

Never an issue to worry about.

Use your head, follow instructions and you will likely be safer than if you were south of 58th Street in Chicago.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Going in 7 days, not afraid, I have hired people who will make sure I don't go where I shouldn't go. It will be a great time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Going in 7 days, not afraid, I have hired people who will make sure I don't go where I shouldn't go. It will be a great time.

Smart!!! have a great trip!!!

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Heck, I don't even see a reason to go down to Oakland CA, or even passing thru Atlanta anymore...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

Heck, I don't even see a reason to go down to Oakland CA, or even passing thru Atlanta anymore...

Then don't go. For I'm headed back over for another hunt. I want to spend all my money---the heck with inheritance. Let them earn their money like I had to.
I

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I Threaded about this some time ago>>and Like this forum told me>GO F#CK yourself > That's the way they think on his forum like EH> are the problem> they kill people with no understanding>>YA Right EH>> they would slit your thought!! >stupid people say stupid things and DIE!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
AAAA>> EH>> https://youtu.be/QlSiMZ34-z4 Enjoy.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And This Forum is filled with people like EH>>> you think they would care>> not at all>>> they call you a Troll !!! I just can not wait till it comes to their Door!! ARE YOU RAPTURE READY!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
And Tex>> mill are pouring into your state from the south maybe you should stay at home and protect your border??>>NO?>Doesn't even give a DAM!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Its very Intro about the posts on this forum >> no worry at all >>all will be the way it was!! very>>can I say very Intro! NOT~!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Originally Posted by Seafire

Then don't go. For I'm headed back over for another hunt. I want to spend all my money---the heck with inheritance. Let them earn their money like I had to.
I

for myself my daughter and son have always done well ,my grandchildren are special too,i still plan on going to Africa but i will leave inheritance to my family,my reason is white working tax paying people don`t get anything special in life except maybe a little inheritance.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Very thankful for my two trips, and especially the last one when I took my Wife, if politics go to hell in all of Africa and I never get to go again i'll always have those most fond memories.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Ingwe, I’m glad I wasn’t with you..😉. But, in Namibia in ‘07, at the place you and Mule Deer recommenced, while I had a good time and met some fine folks from the RSA who happened there at the same time, I sensed strong resentment from our young driver and “scout.” Our PH was paternalistic toward “his” blacks but certainly a strict segregationist, even in the eating of lunch off the tailgate of his Toyota.

Of course, as I’ve seen in other parts of Africa, houses of whites in Windhoek were compounds with security wire and cameras. Apparently, they had to be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had conversations with white farmers in RSA as early as 2001. The murders of white farmers were going on back then and still are. Like anywhere else, some places are safer than others. You won't catch me in downtown Jo'berg. In the bush, I've never felt threatened by the violence. I was more alert to the snakes!!

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fast forward to 2000 and I was in Zim when Mugabe sent his boy out with notice that they were seizing the land we were on....

I was in Zim a bit before you were. It was scary when the "war veterans" came en mass into the camp one day. With machetes. Probably 50 of them.

I recall telling the PH that if anyone touched my wife, I had 100 rounds of 308 and would use them all.

There were no good choices that day.

It was touch and go for a while, then they left.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found myself in the middle of an arrest of armed poachers in Tanzania. The poachers were refusing to disarm. That was a little spooky too.

One should always have their alert levels set on high - especially when abroad.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is why people who spend a lot time around guns, like Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch, have a personal policy of not leaving the US, because just about everything you need, except African dangerous game, can be hunted somewhere in the US.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The trend in South Africa has been obvious for some time. Trends be they positive or negative, often culminate at a greater velocity than they had been moving at....just saying.

That said, how long you hunt it is a matter of personal risk management--a choice based on what is important to a guy--to expose for a perceived gain or not to expose, to protect from loss.

And that said, I am glad I took my wife when I did to SA, as I wouldn't want to lose my attractive white female...they are in demand, you know..:)

Defend the Constitution
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
This is why people who spend a lot time around guns, like Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch, have a personal policy of not leaving the US, because just about everything you need, except African dangerous game, can be hunted somewhere in the US.

You sure can, if you don't mind a $13,000 bill for kudu bulls, $6000 eland and gemsbok, etc. African game prices for TX ranches are a joke IMHO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

You sure can, if you don't mind a $13,000 bill for kudu bulls, $6000 eland and gemsbok, etc. African game prices for TX ranches are a joke IMHO.

And people who ridicule hunting in South Africa because "the game is behind a fence" will cough up more money to hunt the game in Texas behind a fence!

Often the argument is "it's cheaper to hunt kudu in Texas, I don't have to fly to Africa".

BS! My airfare to East London, including a night in a hotel in Johannesburg, just cracks $2000 CAD. If I shot a Cape kudu, it would cost less than $1500 CAD. I can get a daily rate of around $300 CAD. A week of hunting would be $2100 CAD. A kudu in the RSA wound only cost $6600 CAD. In a week of hunting, I could shoot a number of other animals and still not break $13000 USD.

Those who think the hunting is so easy, can pay for nightly massages for my aching feet and legs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And people who ridicule hunting in South Africa because "the game is behind a fence" will cough up more money to hunt the game in Texas behind a fence!

Often the argument is "it's cheaper to hunt kudu in Texas, I don't have to fly to Africa".

BS! My airfare to East London, including a night in a hotel in Johannesburg, just cracks $2000 CAD. If I shot a Cape kudu, it would cost less than $1500 CAD. I can get a daily rate of around $300 CAD. A week of hunting would be $2100 CAD. A kudu in the RSA wound only cost $6600 CAD. In a week of hunting, I could shoot a number of other animals and still not break $13000 USD.

Those who think the hunting is so easy, can pay for nightly massages for my aching feet and legs.

And the camp cook spitting his aids infested drool in to your meal...priceless.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
RSA, Zimbabwe, Kenya. All the same BS inhabited by tribal heathens who hate the white man.....and each other along tribal lines. No thanks to Africa or Chicago. The whites who stay must be feeling very trapped.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not only that get your trophy caught up in duty storage and pay 65 dollars a day storage. Wait over a year for your trophy to arrive because Canada customs need to see if it is endangered specie, wait long enough it will be. LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

what do you guys think of Zambia?...….bob

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Getting trophies in from RSA or Namibia into Canada are just as easy as getting them in from the USA. If one does their homework and uses a shipping agent who specializes in hunting trophies there should be no issues.

I have handled all of my trophy importation on 3 hunts in Africa, 2 in Texas and one in Scotland without any major issues. I would strongly suggest avoiding Air Canada Cargo though, they are not happy until you're unhappy. In my expereience Canadian customs and agriculture folks are really easy to deal with if you have done your homework and can inundate them with all the correct paperwork, bureaucrats just love their paperwork.

I truly enjoyed my 3 trips to hunt in Africa and am trying to decide if I will go again.

For those that are going back to Africa may you have wonderful hunt and safe journeys, for those who do not wish to return to or make their first trip to Africa may all your hunts and travels be safe and fun.

Best wishes to all y'all.

GRF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And the camp cook spitting his aids infested drool in to your meal...priceless.

That's funny, I think my PH would kill and feed the hyenas and lions for that.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt

what do you guys think of Zambia?...….bob

EXPENSIVE and prone to changing the laws...

Lots of malaria in Zambia...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If I had the money,I would be going to South Africa tomorrow.>>That's Eh>><stupid as a stump>>Like most Americans >> Its very >very Bad in South Africa Today!! No matter what people say!! ITS A HELL HOLE AND TO GET WORSE!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
South Africa is like the state of Israel but not Q!!! In south Africa there was not much there and then some whites came into the area and made the land rich , that brought the poor Afros into the land for work and a better way of life!>>Now they want to kill every White person. Israel >GodJesus gave them the land , Once back into their land they made it RICH! again ! and the people around Israel want it!! Israel will BE>>South Africa>> All I see is Death!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Ranting
If I had the money,I would be going to South Africa tomorrow.>>That's Eh>><stupid as a stump>>Like most Americans >> Its very >very Bad in South Africa Today!! No matter what people say!! ITS A HELL HOLE AND TO GET WORSE!!!

Yeah,I would go back to SA if I had the money.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I plan to go back to Africa as often as I can while I'm in good enough shape to go. We always had someone nearby who was armed but I never felt in any danger. All the blacks that I came in contact with were polite, well spoken and only concerned with my comfort and safety. It's no more dangerous than any big American city but the difference being, some member of our party was armed. South Africa was a beautiful place with a lot of nice people. The whites we met seemed happy and proud. Pay no attention to Ranting. He is evidently a know nothing troll that I would guess to be a teenager.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
maybe parts of African are kinda safe for the white man, but don`t forget at least in America you are able to carry consealed and if you do have use your gun for your safety,your in your own country with laws that will protect you. in Africa you have little rights as a non-resident with people that hate us white people from a free America . i still want to go to Africa but its gotta become safer for a white man , i would never bring my wife to Africa unless i have a troop of Marines fully armed with the green light .

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
My wife goes with me. I would have a fight on my hands if I tried to leave her behind. It's all about managing risk. Eliminating risk makes for a boring life but everyone has to make their own choice about risk versus reward.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's Eh>><stupid as a stump!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Ranting
That's Eh>><stupid as a stump!

Ranting you're the internet version of Chicken Little... THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Simpsons had an episode about Ranting. Here's an excerpt.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got this email from my sister who lives in Somerset West just outside Cape Town. Names redacted, but you get the idea. The socialist/revolutionary agenda complete with land grabs continues unabated.

"Very bad stuff going on here today XXXXX. Have just had message from security saying we must all stay out of strand and Gordon's bay and be in our homes by 3pm as there's rioting and land grabbing going on. They've just ransacked checkers in strand and XXXXXXX saw a golf GTI with a huge cement rock through its window. They also lighting tires and throwing over people's walls. Have just called XXXXXX to tell him to pack up and get home. Apparently they want to attack our Spar near us tomorrow as it's opposite empty land belonging to a church.
Rushing out quickly to stock up on food.
Please pray for us."

Whistling past the graveyard indeed.

I'm not sure what avenues are open for my family, or many like them, but refugee status obviously depends on skin color, sad to say. I have some calls in to people that may be able to help me get them out, but it takes time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by badger
Just got this email from my sister who lives in Somerset West just outside Cape Town. Names redacted, but you get the idea. The socialist/revolutionary agenda complete with land grabs continues unabated.

"Very bad stuff going on here today XXXXX. Have just had message from security saying we must all stay out of strand and Gordon's bay and be in our homes by 3pm as there's rioting and land grabbing going on. They've just ransacked checkers in strand and XXXXXXX saw a golf GTI with a huge cement rock through its window. They also lighting tires and throwing over people's walls. Have just called XXXXXX to tell him to pack up and get home. Apparently they want to attack our Spar near us tomorrow as it's opposite empty land belonging to a church.
Please pray for us."

I'm not sure what avenues are open for my family, or many like them, but refugee status obviously depends on skin color, sad to say. I have some calls in to people that may be able to help me get them out, but it takes time.

Kind of puts the lie to all the "no no there is nothing wrong" lines being pushed.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by badger

Please pray for us."

>>>after reading this post i sure hope these people get out of there and are safe ! and that`s why i am not going until things in Africa get much safer for us white people !

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
In 2002 I hunted for about 2-1/2 weeks in the Northern and Eastern Cape, among other animals getting a very good Cape kudu on the huge Eastern Cape ranch belonging to an uncle of the young assistant PH. After getting the kudu, he took us on a little tour of his house, showing us the "safe room" where he and his foreman slept every night with several automatic weapons and Dobermans. The wall were a couple feet thick, and the door was all-steel and several inches thick.

In 2007 I hunted in the Northern Cape with the same PH, by then the head game biologist on an even bigger ranch. I asked how his uncle was doing, and it turned out he and the foreman were murdered by a gang from the local tribal "homeland." It turned out the safe room door never got locked that night, for whatever reason. There was some suspicion of ranch employees being involved as well.

I hunted in RSA a number of times from 1992 to 2013, without the slightest hint any personal trouble, but if I go back to Africa again for plains game will probably go to Namibia instead of RSA. Or maybe Botswana, now that some politicians have started to regain their senses about hunting and the local economy.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have hunted in RSA for several decades. I have never felt imminent threats. Last year, I did pass thru an area where there was rioting.

I am going this year and don’t have any major concerns. That said, I am vigilant, always. In country I prefer to fly from area to area.

Some 30 years ago old-timer told me that hunting in Africa could change quickly. He suggested that I go as much as possible. “There will always be sheep hunting in North America because the land is sparsely populated and because of the relatively stable governments.”

Headed to the Yukon in August.

Last edited by RinB; 04/11/19.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Was driving from George to Cape Town last June and had to detour due to rioting along the way. Sort of like Chicago, I suppose.

BTW, there were posters in Cape Town posted by the government soliciting suggestions for a new name for Cape Town.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have several transplant farmer patients from RSA. They all habe family there. It will go up like a powder keg. Just a matter of time and not much of it.

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
“There will always be sheep hunting in North America..."
That may be true but will you always have the legs and lungs to sheep hunt? By the time you can afford to sheep hunt you may not be physically able to face the mountains. Maybe sheep hunt first like I did and go to Africa as an old guy?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bobmn
“There will always be sheep hunting in North America..."
That may be true but will you always have the legs and lungs to sheep hunt? By the time you can afford to sheep hunt you may not be physically able to face the mountains. Maybe sheep hunt first like I did and go to Africa as an old guy?

> Alot of truth to this,Pete53

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
After a couple of non-safari forays in Africa in the 70’s and again in the 90’s, I saw that things are only going from bad to worse. “Ever Vigilant” is a motto to live by there and elsewhere. I got paid for those risks then and darned if I’ll pay someone to take those risks these days. I’m old, slow, and not bulletproof like I used to be! 😆

If I go down in a hail of gunfire now, it will be defending against the communists and terrorists trying to take over this country. Hopefully, it’ll be atop a pile of hot brass if that happens. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spent a couple of weeks in the RSA in April. No issues.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Am going soon. Lots of great deals because of rumors like those being discussed here. I expect to have a great time.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 3,228 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.