-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is why people who spend a lot time around guns, like Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch, have a personal policy of not leaving the US, because just about everything you need, except African dangerous game, can be hunted somewhere in the US.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The trend in South Africa has been obvious for some time. Trends be they positive or negative, often culminate at a greater velocity than they had been moving at....just saying.

That said, how long you hunt it is a matter of personal risk management--a choice based on what is important to a guy--to expose for a perceived gain or not to expose, to protect from loss.

And that said, I am glad I took my wife when I did to SA, as I wouldn't want to lose my attractive white female...they are in demand, you know..:)

Defend the Constitution
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
This is why people who spend a lot time around guns, like Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch, have a personal policy of not leaving the US, because just about everything you need, except African dangerous game, can be hunted somewhere in the US.

You sure can, if you don't mind a $13,000 bill for kudu bulls, $6000 eland and gemsbok, etc. African game prices for TX ranches are a joke IMHO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider

You sure can, if you don't mind a $13,000 bill for kudu bulls, $6000 eland and gemsbok, etc. African game prices for TX ranches are a joke IMHO.

And people who ridicule hunting in South Africa because "the game is behind a fence" will cough up more money to hunt the game in Texas behind a fence!

Often the argument is "it's cheaper to hunt kudu in Texas, I don't have to fly to Africa".

BS! My airfare to East London, including a night in a hotel in Johannesburg, just cracks $2000 CAD. If I shot a Cape kudu, it would cost less than $1500 CAD. I can get a daily rate of around $300 CAD. A week of hunting would be $2100 CAD. A kudu in the RSA wound only cost $6600 CAD. In a week of hunting, I could shoot a number of other animals and still not break $13000 USD.

Those who think the hunting is so easy, can pay for nightly massages for my aching feet and legs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AB2506

And people who ridicule hunting in South Africa because "the game is behind a fence" will cough up more money to hunt the game in Texas behind a fence!

Often the argument is "it's cheaper to hunt kudu in Texas, I don't have to fly to Africa".

BS! My airfare to East London, including a night in a hotel in Johannesburg, just cracks $2000 CAD. If I shot a Cape kudu, it would cost less than $1500 CAD. I can get a daily rate of around $300 CAD. A week of hunting would be $2100 CAD. A kudu in the RSA wound only cost $6600 CAD. In a week of hunting, I could shoot a number of other animals and still not break $13000 USD.

Those who think the hunting is so easy, can pay for nightly massages for my aching feet and legs.

And the camp cook spitting his aids infested drool in to your meal...priceless.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
RSA, Zimbabwe, Kenya. All the same BS inhabited by tribal heathens who hate the white man.....and each other along tribal lines. No thanks to Africa or Chicago. The whites who stay must be feeling very trapped.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not only that get your trophy caught up in duty storage and pay 65 dollars a day storage. Wait over a year for your trophy to arrive because Canada customs need to see if it is endangered specie, wait long enough it will be. LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

what do you guys think of Zambia?...….bob

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Getting trophies in from RSA or Namibia into Canada are just as easy as getting them in from the USA. If one does their homework and uses a shipping agent who specializes in hunting trophies there should be no issues.

I have handled all of my trophy importation on 3 hunts in Africa, 2 in Texas and one in Scotland without any major issues. I would strongly suggest avoiding Air Canada Cargo though, they are not happy until you're unhappy. In my expereience Canadian customs and agriculture folks are really easy to deal with if you have done your homework and can inundate them with all the correct paperwork, bureaucrats just love their paperwork.

I truly enjoyed my 3 trips to hunt in Africa and am trying to decide if I will go again.

For those that are going back to Africa may you have wonderful hunt and safe journeys, for those who do not wish to return to or make their first trip to Africa may all your hunts and travels be safe and fun.

Best wishes to all y'all.

GRF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART

And the camp cook spitting his aids infested drool in to your meal...priceless.

That's funny, I think my PH would kill and feed the hyenas and lions for that.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt

what do you guys think of Zambia?...….bob

EXPENSIVE and prone to changing the laws...

Lots of malaria in Zambia...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If I had the money,I would be going to South Africa tomorrow.>>That's Eh>><stupid as a stump>>Like most Americans >> Its very >very Bad in South Africa Today!! No matter what people say!! ITS A HELL HOLE AND TO GET WORSE!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
South Africa is like the state of Israel but not Q!!! In south Africa there was not much there and then some whites came into the area and made the land rich , that brought the poor Afros into the land for work and a better way of life!>>Now they want to kill every White person. Israel >GodJesus gave them the land , Once back into their land they made it RICH! again ! and the people around Israel want it!! Israel will BE>>South Africa>> All I see is Death!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Ranting
If I had the money,I would be going to South Africa tomorrow.>>That's Eh>><stupid as a stump>>Like most Americans >> Its very >very Bad in South Africa Today!! No matter what people say!! ITS A HELL HOLE AND TO GET WORSE!!!

Yeah,I would go back to SA if I had the money.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I plan to go back to Africa as often as I can while I'm in good enough shape to go. We always had someone nearby who was armed but I never felt in any danger. All the blacks that I came in contact with were polite, well spoken and only concerned with my comfort and safety. It's no more dangerous than any big American city but the difference being, some member of our party was armed. South Africa was a beautiful place with a lot of nice people. The whites we met seemed happy and proud. Pay no attention to Ranting. He is evidently a know nothing troll that I would guess to be a teenager.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
maybe parts of African are kinda safe for the white man, but don`t forget at least in America you are able to carry consealed and if you do have use your gun for your safety,your in your own country with laws that will protect you. in Africa you have little rights as a non-resident with people that hate us white people from a free America . i still want to go to Africa but its gotta become safer for a white man , i would never bring my wife to Africa unless i have a troop of Marines fully armed with the green light .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
My wife goes with me. I would have a fight on my hands if I tried to leave her behind. It's all about managing risk. Eliminating risk makes for a boring life but everyone has to make their own choice about risk versus reward.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That's Eh>><stupid as a stump!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Ranting
That's Eh>><stupid as a stump!

Ranting you're the internet version of Chicken Little... THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Simpsons had an episode about Ranting. Here's an excerpt.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

729 members (16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,152
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.