Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
add a nuance, if you want to get fancy!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The 'Fire: Where a rumor plus an innuendo equal certainty.

Yep. The campfire. Often wrong but never uncertain.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Dont be going conspiracy theory on me pal. I figger tha fuel tanks shorted out.

It was the flange capacitors dammit! Flange capacitors!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Dont be going conspiracy theory on me pal. I figger tha fuel tanks shorted out.

It was the flange capacitors dammit! Flange capacitors!!!

Freakin A, bro. I completely fergot about that. Those are the things terrorists always whack first. If that doesnt get the job done then the bastids get in the fuel tanks and short them out so theY spark up when theY get the pilots message of "Mo Gas" when the pilot his the throttel to haul ass.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/12/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is an account of the latest from NTSB:

Turbulence could be to blame in the deadly Atlas Air cargo plane crash last month near Anahuac, a new report finds.

An analysis of Atlas Air Flight 3591's flight data recorder by the National Transportation Safety Board shows that the Boeing 767 experienced "small vertical accelerations" similar to what planes experience during turbulence shortly before it began to plunge into Trinity Bay around noon on

The plane was en route to Bush Intercontinental Airport when it diverted around a small storm system east of Houston, according to the NTSB. During that route, the plane gradually descended to 6,200 feet, similar to a plane's final descent to land, before shortly climbing up to 6,300 feet.

Seconds later, the plane's engines were turned up to maximum thrust. The plane pitched slightly upward before turning downward at a 49 degree angle, almost doubling its speed to 430 knots as it plummeted to the ground.

The plane pitched up during its descent, but it never fully recovered. Security video from a nearby Chambers County Sheriff's Office facility captured the plane's final moments as it crashed into Trinity Bay, sending a plume of water, mud and debris high into the air.

All three people on the plane – Capts. Ricky Blakely and Sean Archuleta and First Officer Conrad Aska – died instantly. Blakely and Aska were flying the plane while Archuleta was a hitching a ride to Houston on a jumpseat.

No one else was onboard. The flight was contracted by Amazon Prime Air and other shipping services.

The Boeing 767-375 was built in 1992 as a passenger plane, flying with GE CF-6 engines. It was converted into a freighter in 2017.

Both pilots were qualified to fly the plane and were up-to-date on their training, according to the NTSB.

Blakely had about 11,000 flight hours, 1,250 of which were on a Boeing 767. Aska had a total of 5,000 flight hours with 520 hours on the plane.

As the NTSB's investigation continues, spokesman Keith Holloway said investigators are looking at all sorts of factors about what brought the plane down.

"This is just factual information that we know at the moment," Holloway said. "It's still very early in their investigation, so we aren't drawing any conclusions at this point."

Both black boxes containing cockpit audio and flight data have been recovered.

Last edited by mudhen; 03/12/19.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
They need to really look deep into the lives of the pilots....kinda almost like they did the Malaysia 777 Captain who road off into the sunset a few years ago.....that 767 did not do that on it's own....no way no how.
Not unless the tail came off and it is still on in the videos I have seen.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
As much as I hate to say it but I hope it was intentional because I don’t like the idea that turbulence and or pilot error were the cause. I’ve said my prayers for their loved ones and while it might be tougher to stomach knowing it was murder I’d like to think that modern jet aircraft are able to withstand substantial weather without nosediving into earth if they’re properly flown.

I’d also think that the cockpit voice recorder has given them much more evidence that would indicate whether it was intentional or not.....like one or 2 guys screaming WTF ARE YOU DOING....

Last edited by AcesNeights; 03/12/19.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The 'Fire: Where a rumor plus an innuendo equal certainty.

Ok. Rocky confirmed it.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It was built in 1992, making it 27 years old. It could be mechanical, cargo shifting, aliens, whatever. They will figure it out.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Full throttle, and a 49 degree nose dive. Damn, it could be intentional I didn't think of that. It would be a surefire way to commit suicide.

Hell a mechanic hijacked a commercial plane on the ground, up in Washington state a few years ago, no passengers, flew it around for a half hour, then crashed it in to an island on a suicide trip.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
“Hey Sean.”

“Yeah Ricky?”

“How big a hole do you suppose this thing would make down there?”

“What?!!”

Last edited by savage24; 03/12/19.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
They were taking off, power wouldn’t be set at cruise or decent. A run away trim could certainly cause a nose down attitude.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stinson
They were taking off, power wouldn’t be set at cruise or decent. A run away trim could certainly cause a nose down attitude.

They were making an approach to IAH, not taking off.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They were making a landing approach. Weird, I just drove today east of Houston, past that bayou where they crashed, near the Old and Lost River on I 10.
I bet you could have seen the crash from the interstate.

No, that is a good guess that it was suicide. I heard the reports today on Houston radio am 740, they said the full report will be released next year.

Hell, you know that Malaysia 370 was pilot suicide/mass murder. A Kraut pilot, of all things, dove a passenger airliner into the Alps a few years ago, he locked the co pilot out of the cockpit and did the suicide/mass murder, that one was proven.
Also I remember an Egyptian pilot, launched from New York and deliberately flew his passenger plane in to the Atlantic a decade ago.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by mudhen

Originally Posted by mudhen

Sorry, I was misinformed.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Just my opinion but with the 767 crashes and now 737 max crashes and boeing taking no responsibility i think they have made some very defective aircraft and people are dying. They send out training about how to shut off defective systems them claim no defective systems exist. Rather than spend the money and fix the systems. Almost a thousand people have died in boeings new planes and still they cover up.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Hell a mechanic hijacked a commercial plane on the ground, up in Washington state a few years ago, no passengers, flew it around for a half hour, then crashed it in to an island on a suicide trip.

That was only a few months ago. Sad that people are addicted to that kind of "fame".

edit: well, my memory was faulty too, it was August 2018 so over 1/2 year ago.

Last edited by kid0917; 03/13/19. Reason: checked the date
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
From the article Ben posted.

The plane was en route to Bush Intercontinental Airport when it diverted around a small storm system east of Houston, according to the NTSB. During that route, the plane gradually descended to 6,200 feet, similar to a plane's final descent to land, before shortly climbing up to 6,300 feet.

Seconds later, the plane's engines were turned up to maximum thrust. The plane pitched slightly upward before turning downward at a 49 degree angle, almost doubling its speed to 430 knots as it plummeted to the ground.

A 49 degree downward angle and 430 knot airspeed is what is getting everyone's attention.

A 767 is rated at maximum speed of 360 knots... 430 knots is approaching tear the wings off speed.

The downward angle from that altitude is another big question. You would have to work at it to dive that steep. Being full throttle, and that pitch and airspeed would make that dive unrecoverable at that altitude.

If you find yourself in that type of dive, you don't push the throttles to full speed, you back them off to slow airspeed to give more time to recover from the dive.

That's why an eyebrow may be raised. Other factors? Maybe. But it sure doesn't rule out foul play.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
From the article Ben posted.

A 49 degree downward angle and 430 knot airspeed is what is getting everyone's attention.

A 767 is rated at maximum speed of 360 knots... 430 knots is approaching tear the wings off speed.

The downward angle from that altitude is another big question. You would have to work at it to dive that steep. Being full throttle, and that pitch and airspeed would make that dive unrecoverable at that altitude.

If you find yourself in that type of dive, you don't push the throttles to full speed, you back them off to slow airspeed to give more time to recover from the dive.

That's why an eyebrow may be raised. Other factors? Maybe. But it sure doesn't rule out foul play.

No, the cruise speed of a 767 is about 480 knots. But the flight data recorder shows that the throttles were pushed forward and and a dive was initiated. It was either by an autopilot malfunction or by one of the crew.

Last edited by JoeBob; 03/13/19.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
430 is not fast. My guess is they hit some microbursts that either damaged something or led to a stall whether it be via autopilot or being flown.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1minute, 1234, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 64 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,155
Posts18,484,308
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.