Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WAM
The non-counterfeit ones not much better these days.

Obviously you are a Leupold hater but believe me this thing is far worse than anything a reputable manufacturer could sell

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
So happy to get my money back today laugh laugh done with ebay!!!!!!!!!
From talking with the Rep from Leupold the 4.5X14X40 one inch tube model's are the most counterfeited , don't buy one on ebay

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you got your money back. Sucks to get duped.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Glad that worked out for you.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I wonder why EBAY is still in business
1- anti gun, but still supported by hunters and shooters
2- allow known counterfit people to sell on their site, with no consequence
3- tied to PayPal, again, known anti gun group

It shouldn't take that many warnings.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Whats funny is Leupold says they can't do anything, but they can if they would just try.

Several yeras ago I tried to sell a pair of UGGs that the daughter bought and then decide she didn't like them, bought at Nordstrom, eBay kept cancelling the ad saying they were counterfeit per UGG, I had to email them a copy of the receipt where I purchased them and take a picture of their holographic logo to prove they were legit. Leupold could do the very same thing if they had the desire to actually protect their brand. I have some old old Leupolds, but nothing made in the last 15yrs, there are way better options.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

eBay doesn’t have any redeeming value to the shooting industry, but when you want to find a rear peep sight for a Remington 14 1/2 you won’t find one anywhere else...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup. I found a replacement handle for the old cistern pump that had belonged to my great uncle. That old pump survived decades on his farm, but not being hit by a Tundra.

Honestly, no one who buys current manufactured goods there at a ridiculous price should be surprised if they turn out to be fake, or hot, or somehow defective. Glad our boy got his money back and hope we all learned something, again.

What fresh Hell is this?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I finally saw one on a marlin 30-30 at a gunshow in Jackson ms. Quick glance it looked real after a close look. UGH!!! So many things stood out scope adjustment dials lettering and turret caps Was a pretty good copy though.... man behind the table knew what he had. Didn't deny it. But was asking $700 bucks for the rig

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I have heard of counterfeit Leupold's but thought it would never happen to me.
I bought a Leupold on-line for a great deal (I thought), when I opened the box a few things stuck out to me. The power dial had the numbers on the front side of the ring instead of the back and went from 4.5 to 14 in the opposite direction of any of my other Leupold's. On the Gold ring inscription it looked pretty good except the lettering was white instead of black. when I took off the windage and elevation caps....no no no those are not Leupy dial's.
I have an identical scope (in theory) but the new one is 3/4" longer, the final straw was looking through it. the glass is green!!!!!!!!

I called Leupold and gave them the serial#, they said they have seen several counterfeit's with the same number, a number Leupold has never used.

I guess tomorrow we will see if it is a full refund or possible property damage.

Generally crooks con those who are greedy the easiest.

General rule of thumb...if it looks too good to be true, it is.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
don't sell those fakes so far short, they probably track better than the "real" leupolds

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Do they track better than the real Leupolds?

I’m sure they couldn’t be much worse.

Fück Joe byron
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
WOW, you guys are hilarious grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
i got a couple fake Leupolds ........ HERE on the classifieds. tell me what recourse i have here? ZIP

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey all,

gonehuntin's got it exactly right: stick to authorized retailers for 100% security from these scammers. That said, we understand folks trying to get a good deal on used and discounted products, and it's a shame that these fake products have made the used market such a minefield (and not just on Leupolds). If you're looking at an eBay or other possibly-questionable seller, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-Leupold with the eBay auction number or the like. We've seen a ton of these ads and can likely weigh in one way or the other.

The good news is that our legal team, with cooperation from others in the industry, are going after these folks in every way we can and seeing some concrete progress. Hope this helps!

Be Bold. Be Adventurous. Be Relentless. // We do not actively engage in threads or respond to private messages. For customer service help, please contact us directly at 1-800-LEUPOLD or [email protected].
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Oakster
I wonder why EBAY is still in business
1- anti gun, but still supported by hunters and shooters
2- allow known counterfit people to sell on their site, with no consequence
3- tied to PayPal, again, known anti gun group

It shouldn't take that many warnings.

Just guessing here but, perhaps, the hunter/shooter customer base is close to nil for them regarding sales revenue.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If people who don't know would just educate themselves on what a real Leupold looks like, it's not hard to tell the difference. And if you can't see it don't buy it.

The serial number alone is all you need to know if it's real (thus far) I've yet to see a picture of a fake that had the prefix or suffix letter that dates the scope.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel

eBay doesn’t have any redeeming value to the shooting industry, but when you want to find a rear peep sight for a Remington 14 1/2 you won’t find one anywhere else...

If a shooter has something he wants to sell that another shooter wants to buy, but they are states apart, and eBay facilitates the deal, I'd have to call that value. That said, I do get your point, and fug em for the anti-gun things they do. So, I begrudgingly call it value.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I bought motor mounts for my car off ebay. All 4 were only $70 shipped compared to $50+ for just one at rockauto.
Surprisingly the clunk on the passengers side that was there since I got the car new went away. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boatanchor
So happy to get my money back today laugh laugh done with ebay!!!!!!!!!...

Why eBay's fault? That is just wrong. You got your $ back. This blunder was on you for not recognizing a deal that was too good to be true.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,116
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.