Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OCSarge Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This one was a medium sized sow. Next year I'm going to shoot for a medium sized (pun intended) again and have it cubed. Going to try it in the crockpot or can cooker. I've always had these made into chorizo and breakfast sausage, which to me was really good.

Respectfully to all,

Dave

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They'd be a hoot to hunt them in the snow!! Well done.

Jud- What month we going? wink I have points...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Back in about 1966 or so, I drew a javalina tag for down in the boot heel of New Mexico .I was living in Albuquerque then .The season was in February. I about froze my butt off for a pig that was sure not worth eating. I learned everything I needed to know about Javalina hunting that trip.I went two years later and sure enough, it didn't change.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice shooting iron and good shooting, looks like a lot of fun.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
[quote=OCSarge]This one was a medium sized sow. Next year I'm going to shoot for a medium sized (pun intended) again and have it cubed. Going to try it in the crockpot or can cooker. I've always had these made into chorizo and breakfast sausage, which to me was really good.

Respectfully to all,

We made kabobs. I actually went a couple times in S.Texas with a memeber that is on here. He doesn’t post much. I really think it was edible because he is a hell of a cook. They also make really cool mounts and European mounts.

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Also if I remember he soaked it in pineapple juice for several hours.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Like anything depends on the size/age and how it is handled. If you want one to eat don't shoot a boar and the younger the better all the way down to shoat size which are delicious. Get the musk gland off immediately and either wash that knife or don't use it for the rest of the skinning work to keep that musk off the meat. Chill it as fast as you can which usually means icing it down for us. I haven't tried aging them so not sure if that would be a good idea or not.

BBQ, Chili, Tamales, Chorizo or any spicy method of cooking. Usually low and slow cooking works best but the tenderloins with lemon and Italian seasoning quickly sauteed make great scallopini. An older one you can marinate in Italian dressing before cooking it.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 70 invisible), 3,296 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.