Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I got a good deal on an Encore 209x50 on armslist. When I got it, I realized it had been fired several times and then sat for God knows how long without cleaning 🤮. I spent about 15 minute with a brush, some of the anti rust and patch lube and some cleaning patches. It is much better! So far it appears that there isn’t any deep pitting! I can’t wait to test her out.

Last edited by Tom_in_AZ; 03/15/19.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BigBlock45 rides to rescue!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I am very surprised by this because my product is made strictly to keep rust out/away from your firearm. This isn't the first time i've gotten reports back from users saying they actually used it to remove rust from their bores. Maybe it penetrates and helps lift/remove the rust staining? Im not sure because it never was intended to remove rust, but keep it away.

Either way, I am very glad you are happy with the product! Once that bore is clean, heat the barrel up and apply a thin coat of the anti rust & patch lube and you'll be set. If its applied correctly ( not globbed on ) you dont even have to remove it prior to loading a fresh charge in the bore. It will set up to a nice silky smooth texture.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I have used it to remove slight surface rust from 2 different rifle barrels as well as a reproduction 1858 revolver. I just put it on a bore brush and scrub, wipe the crud out with a patch and repeat until clean. It seems to work well for that in addition to being a good patch lube and exterior rust preventative.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks for the heads up on this product! cost me money but still thanks! grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The first video I made. Changes have been made over the years and how I prep my barrel has changed as well, but its a good starting point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NphhUKHeR8A

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That stuff looks like a great product and I will get some myself. Thanks for a great video.
My friend Joe left his loaded since last year and it would not go off. I dropped a rod in and told him it had no powder. He took it home and put a thick ball puller in and the ferrule was not pinned so it came off the rod stuck in the ball. He panicked, TC that even my TC breech plug tool could not loosen so I did not try, tool never, ever worked. I mixed JB epoxy and put it on the rod to work back into the ferrule while he ran around like a chicken. When he came back out of breath I had the ball out. Your lube would have helped instead of the Crisco he will not get rid of. Your lube should be good on BP revolver cylinder pins too. Joe has 2 Walkers that froze up so I had to put the cylinders in a padded vise as I cocked the hammers with force on the cylinders to break loose because he used Crisco. Penetrating oil and a lot of rust to clean. He likes the french fry smell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 8 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.