Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
What is hated most, Vortex or Leupold? That right there is funnnny!

It’s not a “hate” issue.... it’s a “trust” issue.

Hate would imply an emotional response.... and nothing could be further from the truth. Trust would imply a response to personal experience, and the experience of other guys who’s opinions/experience you value.

Sure.... there’s a report or two out there on “failed” SWFAs, or NFs, or LRHS.... but they are few and far between. I “trust” those products to do what I need, when I need it. There’s hundreds of reports of failed Leupolds, and Vortex, and Nikon, etc. I just plain don’t trust those brands anymore... they’ve let me down too many times.

When the first thing someone says about the product is: “they have a great warranty”.... I’m looking elsewhere.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My pard lost a big buck last year because of a Vortex.....

His glass is now much different....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Hate would imply an emotional response.... and nothing could be further from the truth. Trust would imply a response to personal experience, and the experience of other guys who’s opinions/experience you value.

Sure.... there’s a report or two out there on “failed” SWFAs, or NFs, or LRHS.... but they are few and far between. I “trust” those products to do what I need, when I need it. There’s hundreds of reports of failed Leupolds, and Vortex, and Nikon, etc. I just plain don’t trust those brands anymore... they’ve let me down too many times.

When the first thing someone says about the product is: “they have a great warranty”.... I’m looking elsewhere.

While I agree with you. I think we'd likely see more reports of failures from these companies if their products made up similar percentages of market share.

As to the warranty statement, Also agreed. AS I mentioned above, the warranty should be icing on the cake, not a wall to build subpar products behind. For example, in my quest for some nice RF binos, I kept circling back around to Swaro and Leica. Both reputed to have amazing glass. Similar price ranges to boot...Leica actually a bit cheaper. What ultimately got Leica dropped from the list was warranty and customer service. A perfect example of how it should be. 2 equally matched form the get go who set out to build the best product. The warranty was simply an afterthought, not the basis in which to sell the product,.

Last edited by warpig602; 03/16/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yessir! +1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
No vortex was use in this murder.

DOGSHOOTERs calls on the other hand. WORK VERY WELL [Linked Image]

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
DOG!!
[Linked Image]

Thanks they are like Lassus.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/16/19.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That little PeeWee is a great call.... I never go anywhere without one.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Vortex's entry into the optics market in the early 2000's reminded me too much of how Simmons entered the optics market. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vortex shut down some day, just gone. They have very little in the way of infrastructure or production facilities. Shut down Vortex, everyone who bought one "for the warrantee" can piss up a rope. Start a fancy new company with a similar business model and a catchier name that is free of the warrantee burden of legacy product. That's the downside to buying something from a marketing company who produces nothing themselves. At any point they can just say, "OK, we've ridden this horse to the barn." and walk away. No machinery, factory, buildings, or infrastructure to try and divest from and a minimal number of employees.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vortex, like Leupold, offers an extremely broad product line.

The Vortex Razor line is made in Japan and has a stellar record in both combat and competition.

The made in USA Vortex AMG is another outstanding product.

The original PST line seemed to have some issues.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by horse1
Vortex's entry into the optics market in the early 2000's reminded me too much of how Simmons entered the optics market. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vortex shut down some day, just gone. They have very little in the way of infrastructure or production facilities. Shut down Vortex, everyone who bought one "for the warrantee" can piss up a rope. Start a fancy new company with a similar business model and a catchier name that is free of the warrantee burden of legacy product. That's the downside to buying something from a marketing company who produces nothing themselves. At any point they can just say, "OK, we've ridden this horse to the barn." and walk away. No machinery, factory, buildings, or infrastructure to try and divest from and a minimal number of employees.

Vortex has a factory and makes scopes in WI. cool

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

What do they actually do in the WI facility? Do they make any parts there or is it an assembly and final QC facility? What percentage of their sales units a produced in that WI facility?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

The Vortex Razor line is made in Japan and has a stellar record in both combat and competition.

Who exactly is using Vortex in combat? I believe the correct answer is......nobody. Certainly not any US troops. Being made in Japan would preclude them from that.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t hate them!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GregW
My pard lost a big buck last year because of a Vortex.....

But the Great Warranty took care of the problem

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvhL1SsNpqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJkFsneXdSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g9DpJO-4r4

These videos above should answer on what they do in Wisconson. I'm not a Vortex fan boy, as I've owned only one Vortex, a Gen II Razor 3-18x50MM, and that one has been trouble free, so far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns[/quote

Vortex makes or assembles scopes on WI?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by warpig602

Who exactly is using Vortex in combat? I believe the correct answer is......nobody. Certainly not any US troops. Being made in Japan would preclude them from that.

LOL.

Guess again? laugh

[Linked Image]

The Vortex 1-6 Razor is extremely popular with Tier 1 US SMUs (Special Mission Units) and other SOF units that can purchase.

What do they actually do in the WI facility? Do they make any parts there or is it an assembly and final QC facility? What percentage of their sales units a produced in that WI facility?

Pretty much the same as Leupold.

Glass from Japan and everything else is manufactured in house.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha I love this shiit...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
That little PeeWee is a great call.... I never go anywhere without one.

It has a free ride in my bino pac always.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by warpig602

Isn't Nightforce made in Japan?

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 31 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.