Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Getting to be a long day here, anyone made popcorn yet ? whistle

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sucker born every minute

Idiots that hate guns are the same fools that voted bammer twice, loves Pocahontas, or AOC thinks that global warming is man-made and gonna kill us all.
They are looking for a reason we in America have freedom to own firearms and the NRA is easy to blame
good grief!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
That is why I asked for an explanation. Sarcastic...maybe.

I have never come out in favor of any law that would violate Due Process.

All the existing Red Flag laws i have seen involve Due Process.

I responded to Beaver10 and his example of how Due Process works in his state.

Any new laws that violate Due Process would be quickly ruled invalid.
My gosh...ALL Red Flag Laws violate Due Process. The whole idea of "due process"...forget it, I already explained it.

Yes, W4B is being sarcastic.

Do you even understand that the person is the threat, not the guns or whatever other tool they choose? As far as "quickly ruled invalid", are you aware of how long it took for the SCOTUS to even allow a gun control case to be brought before them, not to mention how long the Heller case took to rule on? Besides that, why should an obviously unconstitutional law be passed in the first place? My High School Civics class taught us that any law that was unconstitutional was itself, illegal.

Did you read the post awhile back detailing how a gun owner had his arsenal confiscated on some trumped up charges, by the ATF and then had his guns returned to him? They were ruined. It wasn't neglect either. Supposedly the ATF had literally stored them in barrels of saltwater and when he talked about suing them they threatened to bring him up on other charges.

Why should you have to prove you are not guilty in order for your guns to be returned? They shouldn't be taken in the first place unless you are proven guilty of some crime. They shouldn't be taken even if you are deemed nuts by some court. Let the family or friends have them. Why should the government get them? And if you are so dangerous you can't have guns you should be locked up, not medicated into oblivion.

The government and the people who own the government are a much bigger threat than all these boogeymen. Quit reading the St. Louis newspaper and watching CNN or even Fox and just look at what is going on around you.

Originally Posted by Beaver10
Wife, girlfriend, friend, or family member can petition the court providing a written word or video of action or communicated language by a person they believe may be a danger to himself/herself others or the community.

The courts here in Oregon cannot immediately roll a State Police officer to the persons home after the petition has been presented to the court.

The courts has to provide a directive to the accused, allowing him/her time to find legal representation and present his side of the case to the court. Once that due process is completed. The judge will make a ruling based on both parties information. The judge can assign counseling, group therapy or confinement for a period of 72 hours mental hold...Or, the judge can dismiss the complaint if he finds it was brought with malice or intent to injure emotionally... iircc.

There is supposed to be a component in the paperwork that should the judge remove the firearms, the defendant must have an obtainable path to recovering his/her firearms...That’s How due process is supposed to work in Oregon. 😎

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They are looking for a reason we in America have freedom to own firearms and the NRA is easy to blame

is that why you left California? The great gun laws grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rocky Raab: On that point Rocky Raab you are absolutely right on!
The N.R.A. is NOT perfect but without them our Second Amendment Rights would have LONG ago ceased to exist in this country!
Anyone who decries, denigrates, denounces or fails to support The N.R.A. is lazy, selfish cheap, stupid, short sighted and self destructive.
And YOU can tell them I (N.R.A. Patron Life Member).
Long live the Second Amendment and the N.R.A.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The NRA is not the 2A. You're confused. The 2A is a Constitutional Amendment guarantying the right to keep and bear arms. The NRA is a far right political organization that has been co-opted by Russia The NRA likely funneled Russian money to the Trump campaign, which is a violation of federal law. This is the subject of an ongoing investigation by Congress. The amazing thing is that the NRA leadership was seduced into complicity by Butina, who is now cooperating with the Special Counsel. What a bunch of fools, believing that Butina was actually involved in an actual pro gun group in Russia.

More and more Americans see just what the NRA is and isn't, which is why it's underwater in recent polls. I think the long term trend is negative, for good reasons. It will change or die, the sooner the better.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
puzzy boy drops a nugget

MOLON LABE

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by gitem_12
So what you're saying since compromise on our end is ok as long as the NRA supports it, correct.?

1934 NFA act is and was very pertinent to today's discussions.

Largely because had the NRA opposed it then we likely wouldn't be trying to fight to get suppressors removed today

The red flag laws are a huge issue. The simple fact that they are ok with forcibly taking someone's property before a court hearing where Probable cause can be established is rediculous.

In regards to mentally ill people. Let's go back to locking them away in places such as belvue and whispering Hills.

What you clearly sidestep is the fact that the NRA needs gun control to further their own money raising.

No, dimbulb, that's not what I am saying.

Here's something that might surprise you. The youngest employee of the NRA in 1934 would be 106 years old today. Duh! The NRA didn't even get involved in legislation until the 1960s.
What "they" did in 1934 is irrelevant.

If the NRA is so ineffective, then tell me why our enemies are trying so hard to destroy the NRA. Governor Cuomo's attempts to get banks and insurance companies to boycott them come to mind.

Or perhaps you're one of our enemies.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Indy, the only enemy to the 2 a is you especially with your belief that "we have to do something to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

That belief is is fine until you think the best way to accomplish that is to infringe on gun owners instead of locking up the mental cases permanently

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What kind of excuse di you have for the NRAs support of GCA 68

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Isn't it odd that all those who dislike the NRA, love all the things that the NRA has done for gun owners??
Yeah, the ones who are not members--

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I have said time and time again, I am a Life member and have been since about 1998.

I am very critical of the NRA and how it is run, its proclivity to support cretins like Harry Reid, and its focus on raising money by selling insurance, etc. etc. I especially do not care for the way the board of directors is elected, meaning the way the nominating committee maintains the status quo within the organization. They have the organization by the balls in the same way the deep state has the federal government tied to a stake out back. It pisses me off to no end and I refuse to contribute any more money until they change that schitt up...just my way of applying pressure for change as I believe it should take place. Other tactics include active financial support for GOA---who gets a lot more done for the dollars spent.

I will admit, I do believe we're better off having the NRA than not having it at all---historically speaking...but there have been some especially stupid moves on the NRA's part in recent years and I think "regime change" and a revamp of the rules is in order.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am very critical of the NRA and how it is run, its proclivity to support cretins like Harry Reid

Your probably too much of a schmuck to know the NRA drooped Reid like a sack of chit, after he sided with Obama.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I am very critical of the NRA and how it is run, its proclivity to support cretins like Harry Reid

Your probably too much of a schmuck to know the NRA drooped Reid like a sack of chit, after he sided with Obama.

NO DOUBT you're too much of a schmuck to have recognized at that time (and I mean long before the Obama debacle) that supporting any democrat at all would end badly. If a schmuck like me had it figured out back then, then WTF is wrong with YOU?

Dumbass.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The NRA is a single issue organization. Guns

Didn't know if you knew that with your head so far up your ass. grin

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You do understand that Reid was very pro 2nd, right?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nine US presidents have been NRA members. In addition to Ulysses Grant, they are: Theodore Roosevelt (IMO the greatest President), William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush (who resigned in 1995), and Donald Trump. Three US vice presidents, two chief justices of the US Supreme Court, and several US congressmen, as well as legislators and officials of state governments are members.

Reagan flip flopped and Bush 41 wimped out but IMO it's still the best thing we have to fight for us. No organization is perfect and neither is the NRA. What gripes me is NRA leadership on state and local levels. For instance in the city in which I leave near we have a NRA Board Member who puts in his resume when they have the elections that he goes on radio, has rallies, etc., when he is lying through his teeth. I have tried to expose this man but it's almost impossible to get these phonies out. The Eddie Eagle program could do so much for our country if the local leaders would push it.

I am not a wealthy man but I am a Benefactor member and each of my three grandchildren are Life Members. I'm trying to do my part. Thank you...Bill.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA is a single issue organization. Guns

Didn't know if you knew that with your head so far up your ass. grin

I've heard that excuse over and over. That's one of the ways they've made themselves less effective.

No way you'd come to that realization with your head so far up whoever's ass. :no grin:

Don't be the darkness.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
So much misinformation and misunderstanding about the so called red flag laws. They have in essence been in effect forever.

If your wife or girlfriend is willing to sign an affidavit that you have or are abusive and have threatened to kill her or something and she petitions for a protective order, the court will grant an ex parte protective order. You won’t even know that it has been granted until they show up and serve you and tell you to pack your schit and get out or leave her alone under pain of arrest and a felony charge of violation of a protective order. As that it was an ex parte proceeding there MUST be a hearing within 14 days. During that time, you are to hire a lawyer and get ready for it. At that hearing you get to make your case and the court will decide if it is going to grant the protective order.

Now, while you have a protective order in place against you, you cannot own arms or ammunition. And the Lautenburg Amendment makes it a federal offense as well. They will last two years and can be extended. In the past police departments didn’t bother to go out and confiscate firearms from those subject to protective orders, but that began to change in lots of jurisdictions over the past few years.

This has been the law forever and you can bet your ass that it is abused in certain jurisdictions, but it has been the law forever. So, from a legal standpoint, I just don’t see red flag laws being that big of a deal. It’s basically a protective order and those have been around a long time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard that excuse over and over. That's one of the ways they've made themselves less effective.

Care to explain how supporting a pro gun congress and senate is an excuse? Don't swallow your tongue trying grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Care to explain how supporting a pro gun congress and senate is an excuse? Don't swallow your tongue trying grin

Are you just pretending to be stupid?

You don't get a pro-gun Congress when you have a Speaker or Majority Leader who is a member of an anti-gun party. You should have figured this out back in the 90s.

Then again, maybe you're not pretending.

Don't be the darkness.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.