Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Hey, You had a compliment from me. I figured you had a bit of a brain but with you head being up your ass that where the binocs would need to be held. Appears I made a mistake, but not in regards to where the binocs should be held.

Grab a Schmidt and Bender scope and look thru it and then look thru your Vortex scope and you will see that your Vortex is an inferior scope. Pretty easy test of optic quality and clarity...... You can take your time and mount if you want but the rest of will not need to do so.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Probably to his ass.

You're going to fit in here really well while spewing that kind of verbal diarrhea. I'm guessing you're under 16 years old? Shouldn't you get back to your homework?

Lack of clarity doesnt make a scope inferior. If that were the case I could fill a garbage bag with Nightforce NXS scopes. I like them...but its not for their image quality. In fact, I rarely hear anyone complain about the optical quality on the Razor line.

Last edited by warpig602; 03/16/19.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Takes a pretty big dipschitt.... to think Jordan has his head up ass. Might wanna check his stats.....

There are few people on this forum, who’s opinion and experience I personally value more than Jordan’s. He’s one of the truly good dudes here, and he shoots more than a little too.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Marley7x57]Hey, You had a compliment from me. I figured you had a bit of a brain but with you head being up your ass that where the binocs would need to be held. Appears I made a mistake, but not in regards to where the binocs should be held.

Grab a Schmidt and Bender scope and look thru it and then look thru your Vortex scope and you will see that your Vortex is an inferior scope. Pretty easy test of optic quality and clarity...... You can take your time and mount if you want but the rest of will not need to do so.

Well hell's bells for nearly double the price, I would hope to hell that the S&B has "better" glass..........

https://www.swfa.com/vortex-4-5-27x56-razor-hd-gen-ii-34mm-rifle-scope-10.html

https://www.swfa.com/schmidt-bender-3-27x56-pm-ii-high-power-34mm-riflescope-12.html

But place a target @1K yds, and mount them both on an accurate LR rifle and both will have no problem seeing and hitting a target, so what's the point of paying twice the price???

Last edited by Shadow; 03/16/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Vortex scope on my pellet gun, and I like it. whistle

So...I don't have the hate. grin

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by horse1
Vortex's entry into the optics market in the early 2000's reminded me too much of how Simmons entered the optics market. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vortex shut down some day, just gone. They have very little in the way of infrastructure or production facilities. Shut down Vortex, everyone who bought one "for the warrantee" can piss up a rope. Start a fancy new company with a similar business model and a catchier name that is free of the warrantee burden of legacy product. That's the downside to buying something from a marketing company who produces nothing themselves. At any point they can just say, "OK, we've ridden this horse to the barn." and walk away. No machinery, factory, buildings, or infrastructure to try and divest from and a minimal number of employees.

This makes sense. When Vortex came out I had friends trying them, and I couldn't figure out why. Just get a Leupold and be done with it. I've never tried one, so I can't say I don't like them, but I never tried them because I never saw them as a real company.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Price was not part of the discussion.

Originally Posted by Shadow
[quote=Marley7x57]Hey, You had a compliment from me. I figured you had a bit of a brain but with you head being up your ass that where the binocs would need to be held. Appears I made a mistake, but not in regards to where the binocs should be held.

Well hell's bells for nearly double the price, I would hope to hell that the S&B has "better" glass..........

https://www.swfa.com/schmidt-bender-3-27x56-pm-ii-high-power-34mm-riflescope-12.html

But place a target @1K yds, and mount them both on an accurate LR rifle and both will have no problem seeing and hitting a target, so what's the point of paying twice the price???

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I only have one Vortex, a Viper which has given me good service for several years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Price was not part of the discussion.

Reductio ad absurdum

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
[quote=Marley7x57]

You pay twice the price because when you rely on your equipment to save your life or the life of others, you leave nothing to chance.Year after year, shot after shot. There is a reason the PM series is usually the scope all other tactical scopes are compared to. Ive used all kinds of budget red dots on my range guns that cost half as much as the red dot s on my personal defense guns, put a target at 100 yards and they both work and make the same hits........until they dont. In the past 3 yeas I've received warranty replacements from Holosun,Burris, Vortex and Primary Arms. I have a Comp M2 thats probably 15 years old? I think my T1 is 10 years old....neither have ever skipped a beat.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Youper
Originally Posted by horse1
Vortex's entry into the optics market in the early 2000's reminded me too much of how Simmons entered the optics market. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Vortex shut down some day, just gone. They have very little in the way of infrastructure or production facilities. Shut down Vortex, everyone who bought one "for the warrantee" can piss up a rope. Start a fancy new company with a similar business model and a catchier name that is free of the warrantee burden of legacy product. That's the downside to buying something from a marketing company who produces nothing themselves. At any point they can just say, "OK, we've ridden this horse to the barn." and walk away. No machinery, factory, buildings, or infrastructure to try and divest from and a minimal number of employees.

This makes sense. When Vortex came out I had friends trying them, and I couldn't figure out why. Just get a Leupold and be done with it. I've never tried one, so I can't say I don't like them, but I never tried them because I never saw them as a real company.

Vortex has been around for 20 years? They probably sell more optics today than they have anytime in the past. I doubt they're going anywhere. The guys on this forum and others are probably a very small percentage of their customer base. Shooter and hunters are slightly more discerning. There customer base is the other 90% of people. The people who dont care if its clear as Swaro or durable as NF. Those people want to spend as little money as possible and know that if something goes wrong, they're taken care of. Vortex offers both. Some people are just at different points in their lives where they cant afford the higher end scopes.I dont look down on or care if someone owns a Vortex scope. Im sure 90% of people who bought them are quite happy.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because their schit scopes...done. One frickn Page...😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 03/17/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with warping and dogshooter.

The average Hunter is very happy with their vortex. I'm talking about guys who hunt and shoot a handful of days a year.

I grew up in PA., where the average guys hunts deer opening Monday, and both Saturday's, that's after setting up a pie plate at 60 yards, sits down, hits it and says " that will kill a deer"

And you know what, he's right.

You're talking about guys using Marlin lever actions, or Rem 760 pumps, shooting factory core lokts.

That's the market Vortex gets 90% of their revenue from, not the hard core gun loonies like us/me .

They simply don't want to spend the money of a better piece of glass. But you know what, it's a step up from the tascos and Simons they've been using.

It's all relative.

Their business model is to appeal to the masses, and get their stuff MFG as inexpensive as possible.

That's where I have a problem with them...made in China.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Vortex has a factory and makes scopes in WI. cool

Vortex makes or assembles scopes on WI?

Not sure but we poured an awful lot of concrete for them...it's a sizable facility.[/quote

Warehouse

When I was talking to the people at eurooptic, they stated that vortex was making a clean room for the razor amg line. Said that everything was made in the US, even the lenses. From that I’d think they make them in Wisconsin.

On the razor hd gen 2, they assemble the turrets into the scope bodies in Wisconsin. Something about not wanting Japan to have access to the turret design. I’m assuming the guys at eurooptic knew what they were talking about, but who knows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hicountry
The average Hunter is very happy with their vortex. I'm talking about guys who hunt and shoot a handful of days a year.

I agree, and will expound just a bit on that – some of those guys actually hunt quite a bit, they just don't shoot much. And they're the same guys with the big logo on the truck window, back-slapping one another on social media. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Skane...yeah, ole Betsy 760 whacks a few groundhogs in the spring and summer !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're all around here - will curse the price of a single box of shells but don't bat an eye at the price of smokes and a box of beer. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane

I agree, and will expound just a bit on that – some of those guys actually hunt quite a bit, they just don't shoot much. And they're the same guys with the big logo on the truck window, back-slapping one another on social media. smile

Scott, Not exactly. grin

As mentioned Vortex has a broad line up.

The Razor scopes are very good quality and very popular with the Tier 1 guys who shoot more than just a bit.

That same Razor 1-6 is also the winningest optic in 3 gun.

The big Razors and the AMG are very popular in PRS where guys burn up multiple barrels per season.

I don't have any Vortex scopes but lot of serious friends use the Razor scopes with good results.

Interesting video of the Varsity team toting 1-6 Razors.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by SKane

Scott, Not exactly. grin

The Razor scopes are very good quality and very popular with the Tier 1 guys who shoot more than just a bit.

The big Razors and the AMG are very popular in PRS where guys burn up multiple barrels per season.

The guys Scott is referring to arent the guys buying Razors.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by warpig602
Scott, Not exactly. grin

The guys Scott is referring to arent the guys buying Razors.

That would be my point.

Vortex has a broad product line up and the top line Razors are solid scopes used buy lots of US Tier 1 SMUs and high level competitors.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
John,

From what I have read Vortex sponsors more competitive shooters than any other scope manufacture by far, therefore they use the Vortex scope. If they paid me and told me I had to use their scope to get paid I would do it also.

Is what I read correct?

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.