-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to the news, NZ does not arm their police force with handguns. There did seem to be a few walking around after the fact with rifles, but it seems to me that a shot in time by a CCW armed citizen or armed cop would prevent way more of this soft target violence.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I watched the entire video and did not see a single thing this muzzy said he did. Strange. The only person that came near the shooter was dispatched, post haste.

Did the video show the shooter driving three miles across town to the second mosque?

Yes, he drove quite a ways, but it is not clear from the video that he shot at another "mosque." He stopped on the street, but never got out of his vehicle. He tried to shoot through his front windshield two or three times, but the shot would not penetrate it. He then shot out the passenger side window, and then shot once more (with the shotgun) which I guess was directed toward the entrance to another mosque. He then drove off and the video ended.

Tks. If this was the American press in a while we’d get diagrams and illustrations of where and when the guy went, dunno what the Kiwi press will do, of course evidence at the scene will tell.

But.......

.223 from point blank wouldn’t penetrate his windshield?

He only used his shotgun the second time. I guess I did not make that clear. Did not use his .223.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hookeye
At least somebody at the first mosque tried.
Lots of people didn't try, and they died too..
Might as well go out with a fight.
Honorable.

That is right, give the man his due...he didn't die on his knees.

He died a man.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500

awww, birdie and bonnie tyler finally found their hero, how sweet. smirk

My heroes are brave men and women risking their lives in the cause of righteousness, which includes you.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 03/17/19.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
From Drudge... the guy was a 41yo Afghani Muslim.

https://apnews.com/ccf69233a36446c2b6c9e92f3e6cf417

Always surprises me how quickly these mass shooters fold when faced with determined opposition.
That's why schools should all be armed...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
From Drudge... the guy was a 41yo Afghani Muslim.

https://apnews.com/ccf69233a36446c2b6c9e92f3e6cf417

Always surprises me how quickly these mass shooters fold when faced with determined opposition.
That's why schools should all be armed...

That’s why I’m sorry I missed the video, ain’t anxious to watch helpless folks getting slaughtered but I would like to see examples of guys charging shooters with AR15s, just in case I would be brave enough to do it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the entire video and did not see a single thing this muzzy said he did. Strange. The only person that came near the shooter was dispatched, post haste.

Did the video show the shooter driving three miles across town to the second mosque?

Yes, he drove quite a ways, but it is not clear from the video that he shot at another "mosque." He stopped on the street, but never got out of his vehicle. He tried to shoot through his front windshield two or three times, but the shot would not penetrate it. He then shot out the passenger side window, and then shot once more (with the shotgun) which I guess was directed toward the entrance to another mosque. He then drove off and the video ended.

Tks. If this was the American press in a while we’d get diagrams and illustrations of where and when the guy went, dunno what the Kiwi press will do, of course evidence at the scene will tell.

But.......

.223 from point blank wouldn’t penetrate his windshield?

Not a 223 but a shotgun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
From watching the video, he was rushed by a man inside the mosque too.

It didn't end as well.

That man died with honor.

May as well go down fighting.

I would rather be gunned down rushing the guy than shot cowering behind or under something.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

My heroes are brave men and women risking their lives in the cause of righteousness, which includes you.

Nope, you're a much better man, and more of a humanitarian than me, i Sir am not willing to walk through a den of rattlesnakes to find the one that wont bite me. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Nope, you're a much better man, and more of a humanitarian than me, i Sir am not willing to walk through a den of rattlesnakes to find the one that wont bite me. smile

Who is Bonnie Tyler? Is she hot?

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Who is Bonnie Tyler? Is she hot?

She was considered hot in the 80's:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So was I.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

It didn't end as well.

That man died with honor.

May as well go down fighting.

I would rather be gunned down rushing the guy than shot cowering behind or under something.

This.

The man did his best he could. Sometimes our best doesn't yield the desired results, but at least he fought.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Glad to see that you're so impressed with the brave Muzzie's.

I hope you're as equally critical the next time a Muzzie goes on a killing spree....which should be any day now.

Silly twerp, courage in a righteous cause is admirable whoever does it.

Meanwhile, prepare to be profiled along with rest of us on here under red flag laws brought about by f’ing despicable morons like this mass-murderer.

AMEN Mike.

I salute any that face down danger on the side of righteousness.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T!!!! Always a great day when you post cool

We have a school garden, for the past few decades I have always kept a trenching spade and a Fiskars brush hook not too far from right at hand in my classroom. I figure either one could be handy for going all Celtic on someone’s a$$ if the worst happened and the opportunity arose.

I think I’m gonna treat myself to one of them Russian entrenching tools smile

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

It didn't end as well.

It didn't but at least he died trying to help defenseless people. You never know how somebody will respond in a situation like that but, if faced with the same situation, I hope I can stop or at least help minimize the damage caused by anyone trying to hurt innocent people. Using cover where possible and capitalizing on opportunities like a mag reload are tactics that definitely up your chances of success/survival.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,834 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,202
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.