Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by zeissman
The simple fact is that we don't need to have firearms for self defence because no one threatens us.

It is apparent that your own government is threatening you. THAT is the ultimate purpose for you and your kindred to own arms.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The simple fact is that we don't need to have firearms for self defence because no one threatens us. The last home invasion where someone was killed happened over 20 years ago. That's the point that some of you guys don't seem to understand.

News flash, you just had over 40 people killed! So YES, you do obviously need guns for self-defense!

Had any of them been armed and willing fight back, those numbers would have been greatly reduced!

You ignore the fact that guns don't kill anyone. Evil people kill. There are untold numbers of people who prevented attacks because they had the means to protect themselves, a loved one or a total stranger. Thank god for America's 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms. Too bad none of those killed in New Zealand had that same right!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The simple fact is that we don't need to have firearms for self defence because no one threatens us. The last home invasion where someone was killed happened over 20 years ago. That's the point that some of you guys don't seem to understand.

Sounds like paradise. I would imagine there is no need for policemen in new Zealand?

And if there is, why do you need them?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The simple fact is that we don't need to have firearms for self defence because no one threatens us.

It is apparent that your own government is threatening you. THAT is the ultimate purpose for you and your kindred to own arms.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^BINGO!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Liberalism is a cancer
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Sounds like paradise. I would imagine there is no need for policemen in new Zealand?

We need cops because we have law breakers but those lawbreakers don't go around threatening people with a gun. Generally, low life criminals such as meth peddlers and the like will sometimes shoot at a cop trying to arrest them or whatever but not at the public.

Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

News flash, you just had over 40 people killed! So YES, you do obviously need guns for self-defense!

Had any of them been armed and willing fight back, those numbers would have been greatly reduced!

You ignore the fact that guns don't kill anyone. Evil people kill. There are untold numbers of people who prevented attacks because they had the means to protect themselves, a loved one or a total stranger. Thank god for America's 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms. Too bad none of those killed in New Zealand had that same right!

The last time there was shooting such as this was in 1990 when a guy shot up his little seaside town killing 15. Cops killed him. Hardly a daily occurrence.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We need cops because we have law breakers but those lawbreakers don't go around threatening people with a gun. Generally, low life criminals such as meth peddlers and the like will sometimes shoot at a cop trying to arrest them or whatever but not at the public.

That's great. You guys must have a different kind of meth than we do. Our public knows all too well about meth heads.

But if the cops didn't exist, your meth heads wouldn't have anything to shoot at correct? You may be able to achieve total nirvana. Just thinking out loud.

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

The last time there was shooting such as this was in 1990 when a guy shot up his little seaside town killing 15. Cops killed him. Hardly a daily occurrence.

Point is, there IS going to be a next time when it happens again. Why not be prepared to limit the loss of life. Good men with guns should not be feared by big brother government. You'd rather a loved one be gun down because it isn't a daily occurrence? Be prepared to defend your life before something happens.

Liberalism is a cancer
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
The only trouble with that logic is that with everyone carrying it's easy for some hot head to lose it and settle an argument with a gun. Then it becomes like the wild west.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only trouble with that logic is that with everyone carrying it's easy for some hot head to lose it and settle an argument with a gun. Then it becomes like the wild west.

but you just said??????

lawbreakers don't go around threatening people with a gun.

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You simply don't understand. The 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms.

You'd rather a hot head pull a gun (like they just did and kill 40+ people) instead of allowing responsible people the ability to protect themselves. I choose to protect myself and loved ones instead of being a helpless sheep hoping it doesn't happen.

Liberalism is a cancer
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Exactly right. You can in a life or death situation use a firearm to protect yourself or one of your loved ones from death or grievous bodily harm. Self defence is a basic human right. The gun laws are designed to stop those with criminal records and crazies such as the mentally sick from getting access to firearms. Works well and NZ has a very low level of gun related crime from legal gun owners considering the huge amount of firearm ownership here.

Had.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I used to think that NZ was different from the rest of the scumbag Commonwealth countries. Apparently there's little difference.

California.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

but you just said??????

That is because most of their crims come here, more opportunity I suppose.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N

In case of American visitors smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Point is, there IS going to be a next time when it happens again. Why not be prepared to limit the loss of life. ...
.... Be prepared to defend your life before something happens.

so how would some of the folks here be with every NZ muslim man and woman carrying an AR just like the perp had...?

that would be considered 'legally arming terrorists who want to kill infidels'.. in some CF minds.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I live in a backwards redneck town.
Pretty laughable.

In the last couple of years big city folks have come and with them, a major increase in drugs and violence.

Just saying that things don't stay nice forever.
Esp when you bring in people of different culture/sub culture.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/18/19.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

but you just said??????

No they don't because they're not armed. Don't know of anyone personally who has ever been threatened with a firearm. Not in my little town anyway.

I've been using shotguns, handguns and rifles for over fifty years. Used go rabbit shooting when I was a kid with a .22 slung over my shoulder. Riding through town on my bike heading out in to the countryside, people would wave out and say good luck hunting' and such like. A kid can't do that anymore and hasn't been able to for a long time either. Someone is bound to phone the police and report they've just seen someone with a GUN.

Unfortunately that's the way it is today. As hookeye says, 'things don't stay nice forever'.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by JSTUART
.........Works well and NZ has a very low level of gun related crime from legal gun owners considering the huge amount of firearm ownership here.

Had.

True.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
One Incident and now no one has the right to protect themselves anyone, the Drug dealers, buglers, and Criminals in Nz would be so happy to hear this.

No you can rob someone and the most they can do is call the cops who are usually late to the scene. Maybe i should move to NZ. LOL.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z

You simply don't understand. The 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms.

You'd rather a hot head pull a gun (like they just did and kill 40+ people) instead of allowing responsible people the ability to protect themselves. I choose to protect myself and loved ones instead of being a helpless sheep hoping it doesn't happen.

I understand perfectly your 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms. I've also lived in RI and I'll wager I've seen more of the U.S. than 95% the members of the campfire.

Tell me if you will, do think the average citizen carries a gun to church in the U.S. assuming they go to one?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,273 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,230
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.