Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Hope I can count upon them to do the same for us. Our battles may be slightly different, but we have our battles as well.

To all my brothers down under, I wish you well as you navigate through this new development. Cosmoline and shovels are your friend, your govt? Remains to be seen.

Thanks and you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be there with you guys and our other allies when the [bleep] hits the fan. We know which side our bread is buttered on.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by comerade

The numbers in Canada go way up when you exclude Central Canada. Men work wiped out in some of the western Canadian towns in 1 & 2. Newfoundland also.
Aussies were considered ferocious fighters just like Canadians. I suspect Kiwi's were too.
I know quite a few Canadians that fought in Vietnam and Korea. Nobody will fight tougher than aforementioned.
Our PM 's Dad was a draft Dodger also.Justin was hit with the same hammer- embarrassing. Not acceptable.

I've always liked the Canadians I've met. Kiwis were in Vietnam too. My youngest son's friend was killed in Afghanistan. He grew up in our small town and was a member of the NZSAS (Special Air Service). Good luck with your PM.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You're getting kind of ganged up on up on here. 😁You can tell how passionate we are about our first and second amendment rights. Were a very unique country in the world and outsiders don't understand our love of our constitutional God given rights. Appreciate getting first hand experience ,info regarding NZ news , history and culture. Most of us understand that New Zealand is a jewel in the world and don't want to see it destroyed by Marxists.

Cant wait to get back there trout fishing

Originally Posted by zeissman
Originally Posted by model70man
If it wasn't for the good old USA and it's many gun owners and finest military in the world the Australians, the New Zealanders and their cousins, the British fog breathers would be speaking Japanese right now. They are ungrateful people who don't deserve help from us any more.

And just why do you think people here are ungrateful for U.S. forces in WWII stopping the japs at the battle of the Coral Sea? Or is this just a figment of your screwed up imagination?

It's not my imagination, I guess I spent too much time on LinkedIn listening to the gun grabbers there. I want to live free with my handguns, rifles and shotguns. The idiots who don't want people down under to own anything that is a semi-auto or a handgun are screwed up in my opinion. Anyway, I will never visit there although my late father was a USMC Gunnery Sergeant who spent six months on Guadalcanal and he came back screwed up. Maybe it's hereditary.

Sorry about your dad. My father was the same. One morning when I was nine years old I found him sobbing at the breakfast table and he was a hard man or so I thought. My mother said it was the anniversary of some particular battle against the Germans where he'd lost a few of his best friends. My small town has a memorial to all the local young guys who went off to fight in Europe in WWI and WWII and never returned. Also, one in Afghanistan too. Every small or large town in NZ has a memorial. Australia, Canada and Britain (fog breathers) too. I lost an uncle as well. Such a waste, but they did their duty.

The Japanese of course were particularly viscous fighters and eager to die for the emperor. One of the best books I've read on WWII was Eugene Sledge's "With the Old Breed".

If you ever do come down this way I'm sure you'll be welcomed and well treated and enjoy yourself. We're all brothers after all. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Update: The prime minister has announced this afternoon that it will ban all military assault type semi-autos. Other semi-autos such as .22 rimfire, high power hunting semi-auto rifles and semi-auto shotguns will be unaffected. Won't stop the criminals or any terrorists but hey, it'll keep the non gun public happy.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by ribka
You're getting kind of ganged up on up on here. 😁You can tell how passionate we are about our first and second amendment rights. Were a very unique country in the world and outsiders don't understand our love of our constitutional God given rights. Appreciate getting first hand experience ,info regarding NZ news , history and culture. Most of us understand that New Zealand is a jewel in the world and don't want to see it destroyed by Marxists.

Cant wait to get back there trout fishing

I wish we had the 2nd Amendment here.

I love my trout fishing too.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

Update: The prime minister has announced this afternoon that it will ban all military assault type semi-autos. Other semi-autos such as .22 rimfire, high power hunting semi-auto rifles and semi-auto shotguns will be unaffected. Won't stop the criminals or any terrorists but hey, it'll keep the non gun public happy.

[/quote]

Don't worry, they'll be back after those shortly............

Sure hate it for ya'll.

Last edited by Potsy; 03/21/19.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
If it wasn't for the good old USA and it's many gun owners and finest military in the world the Australians, the New Zealanders and their cousins, the British fog breathers would be speaking Japanese right now. They are ungrateful people who don't deserve help from us any more.

If it wasn't for the French you would still be an English colony.

You are ill informed and ungrateful...and can stop inviting us to every war you start.

Actually JSTUART, I recently visited the Yorktown Battlefield for the full tour and a lot of info on the American Revolutionary War. If you ever get back to the states and are in that area you should check it out, I believe you'd enjoy it! What really happened was the internal strife within the British command between Generals Clinton and Cornwallis. To keep it short, Clinton screwed over Cornwallis, General Washington took advantage of it with a huge gamble and it paid off. The inbound French fleet scared the British Naval fleet to NY and left Cornwallis without any support and trapped in their redoubts with no recourse and got creamed for it. The French did eventually arrive with their ships and blockaded the bay so they stopped any chance for retreat as well as reinforcements. There was a contingent of French during the battle but their Navy refused to go any further than the blockade. It was Washington that won that day and if you visit you would leave without any doubts of whom won that battle strategically. I know all us english speakers pick on the French, but I am proud of the ones that were there to help in the melee - the French even send someone there periodically to honor the French soldiers that lost their lives on the battlefield and are proud of it just like we are of our boys who were lost at Normandy. Yorktown was the last battle, but the war wasn't officially over until a year or so later; the British blew it and their top two generals kept their feud going for the rest of their lives without any real recourse materializing.

I am also proud of the fact that we are allies along with NZ, Canada, Britain, and the others. WWI was probably the [bleep] of warring hell, and your crew fighting the Turks is both admiral and heartbreaking. I know this much, if anyone stormed your or zeissman's shores you can bet your ass we'd be there to make them pay dearly for it! I don't understand every conflict in the world and don't believe we want to be everywhere playing cop and dragging you with us or vice versa, but the alternative may be much worse if we stop watching each other's six!

I wish OZ and NZ both had a 2nd Amendment, we know what it means here in the states and those that care will defend it with our lives. It's just hard to imagine fine countries like yours' not having the 2A.

Anyway, best to our friends and those that lost their lives to maintain it as such!

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by 4winds
I wish OZ and NZ both had a 2nd Amendment, we know what it means here in the states and those that care will defend it with our lives. It's just hard to imagine fine countries like yours' not having the 2A.

Anyway, best to our friends and those that lost their lives to maintain it as such!

Thanks 4winds.

I can see that some people, maybe a lot of people, won't hand in their AR's etc. thus making themselves criminals. Most aren't registered as it wasn't required, so the reality is they don't know how many are out there. The buy back is estimated to cost $100 - $200 million out of a licensed population of 250,000.

My neighbour poked her ugly head over the fence today and said she was pleased that all semi-auto's have been banned. I said, "they haven't been, only assault type semis". She replies, "oh! that's a shame, they're the machine gun ones aren't they"? I tell you, firearm ignorance is rampant.

As for the candlelight vigils, 80-90% female. They love our female Prime Minister.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish we had the 2nd Amendment here.

I wish you did too, it'd make us all that much stronger.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't love NZ, I don't love NZ's government. I love my brothers living in NZ.
Best wishes, Kiwis!

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by JSTUART

If it wasn't for the French you would still be an English colony.

You are ill informed and ungrateful...and can stop inviting us to every war you start.

Actually JSTUART, I recently visited the Yorktown Battlefield for the full tour and a lot of info on the American Revolutionary War. If you ever get back to the states and are in that area you should check it out, I believe you'd enjoy it! What really happened was the internal strife within the British command between Generals Clinton and Cornwallis. To keep it short, Clinton screwed over Cornwallis, General Washington took advantage of it with a huge gamble and it paid off. The inbound French fleet scared the British Naval fleet to NY and left Cornwallis without any support and trapped in their redoubts with no recourse and got creamed for it. The French did eventually arrive with their ships and blockaded the bay so they stopped any chance for retreat as well as reinforcements. There was a contingent of French during the battle but their Navy refused to go any further than the blockade. It was Washington that won that day and if you visit you would leave without any doubts of whom won that battle strategically. I know all us english speakers pick on the French, but I am proud of the ones that were there to help in the melee - the French even send someone there periodically to honor the French soldiers that lost their lives on the battlefield and are proud of it just like we are of our boys who were lost at Normandy. Yorktown was the last battle, but the war wasn't officially over until a year or so later; the British blew it and their top two generals kept their feud going for the rest of their lives without any real recourse materializing.

I am also proud of the fact that we are allies along with NZ, Canada, Britain, and the others. WWI was probably the [bleep] of warring hell, and your crew fighting the Turks is both admiral and heartbreaking. I know this much, if anyone stormed your or zeissman's shores you can bet your ass we'd be there to make them pay dearly for it! I don't understand every conflict in the world and don't believe we want to be everywhere playing cop and dragging you with us or vice versa, but the alternative may be much worse if we stop watching each other's six!

We enjoy rubbishing you lot when we can but we damn well know you are reliable friends...yeah okay...those damn Kiwis can play too.

There are an awful lot of Australians that envy you that 2nd...really really envy!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by comerade

The numbers in Canada go way up when you exclude Central Canada. Men work wiped out in some of the western Canadian towns in 1 & 2. Newfoundland also.
Aussies were considered ferocious fighters just like Canadians. I suspect Kiwi's were too.
I know quite a few Canadians that fought in Vietnam and Korea. Nobody will fight tougher than aforementioned.
Our PM 's Dad was a draft Dodger also.Justin was hit with the same hammer- embarrassing. Not acceptable.

I've always liked the Canadians I've met. Kiwis were in Vietnam too. My youngest son's friend was killed in Afghanistan. He grew up in our small town and was a member of the NZSAS (Special Air Service). Good luck with your PM.

He is on the way out...We will return a Conservative Gov't.
He was elected because we didn't get our vote out- clearly embarrassing.
Yeah, Canada has lost many in Afghanistan.
On Nov 11 / armistice day ,we see many young people attending, Good young people.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Draft dodger?

You must be referring to Bill Clinton the rapist

Originally Posted by Adamjp
The Japanese attacks on Burma and Hong Kong happened within hours of Pearl Harbour, lets just say that the declaration of war was coincidental with three strategic strikes by Japan within a 24hr period. Japan declared war on America and British Empire on 8 December 1941.

The battle of the Coral Sea was perhaps a tactical victory for Japan, a strategic victory for the Allies (America in particular), but ultimately irrelevant.

The first reversal of Japanese fortune, and possibly the single most significant battle of the Pacific Theatre was the Battle of Midway in early June 1942.

On a percentage of armed forces lost to overall population, America is low on the list. The UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand all lost a greater percentage of their population than America.

USA 0.32%
Canada 0.38%
Australia 0.58%
New Zealand 0.72%
UK 0.94%

The numbers look worse for America if you only count military service deaths and disregard civilian deaths.

USA 0.31%
Canada 0.37%
Australia 0.57%
New Zealand 0.72%
UK 0.80%

So who paid the highest price again?

There is enough 'ugly American' getting around on this forum to turn many nations off American presence. The greatest generation would probably be disappointed to see what passes for American culture today. Particularly the unfettered support of some sections of society for a Vietnam War draft dodger.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.