Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

you won the state smallbore with a bent, droopy, down-turned barrel? awesome....

Last edited by huntsman22; 02/26/19.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

you won the state smallbore with a bent, droopy, down-turned barrel? awesome....

lol

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yes,I did.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a thought, but an individual's definition is fairly irrelevant most days. One man's cuppa tea may not mean a whole lot, all things considered. Only a suggestion, knowing it will not change the course of this epic thread, how about defining things a bit. Benched, in the field, offhand, over the shoulder with a mirror......it makes a difference.

50' ain't much of a stretch, but I gotta ask, do you think you could stand on your hind legs and do this well? The top is a sighter, the rest are 2 shots/target.

[Linked Image]

Can ya stand on your hind legs and do this at 100 yards?

[Linked Image]

With an elbow rest for 5 at 100?

[Linked Image]

I really don't give a flip actually, but the question posed that started this is vague and whether intended or not doesn't lead anywhere. While I appreciate the skill set required to make first round hits at very long range in the field, presumably from a rest of some style, it's kinda of an apples/oranges thing if you get my drift.

Benches make for some pretty groups from time to time but I don't carry a bench around for hunting.
[Linked Image]

In the field things are a bit different. Long range for you may or may not be so for me, depending on circumstances, firearm, quarry etc. If you screw up is your "target" going to rip you a new anus?

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wares that connect dots at a distance,aren't compromised up close...give a shred of sense.

Hint...………………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Just a thought, but an individual's definition is fairly irrelevant most days. One man's cuppa tea may not mean a whole lot, all things considered. Only a suggestion, knowing it will not change the course of this epic thread, how about defining things a bit. Benched, in the field, offhand, over the shoulder with a mirror......it makes a difference.

50' ain't much of a stretch, but I gotta ask, do you think you could stand on your hind legs and do this well? The top is a sighter, the rest are 2 shots/target.

[Linked Image]

Can ya stand on your hind legs and do this at 100 yards?

[Linked Image]

With an elbow rest for 5 at 100?

[Linked Image]

I really don't give a flip actually, but the question posed that started this is vague and whether intended or not doesn't lead anywhere. While I appreciate the skill set required to make first round hits at very long range in the field, presumably from a rest of some style, it's kinda of an apples/oranges thing if you get my drift.

Benches make for some pretty groups from time to time but I don't carry a bench around for hunting.
[Linked Image]

In the field things are a bit different. Long range for you may or may not be so for me, depending on circumstances, firearm, quarry etc. If you screw up is your "target" going to rip you a new anus?

[Linked Image]

Yup. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Too bad some here have nothing better to do than sidetrack threads and lots of time to do it in. I've been on the road for 4 weeks straight, saw my wife for 15 minutes a couple weeks ago, when I was in Denver to change planes. Last two weeks in Mexico. Would rather be home and get some shooting in. Have another new grandkid coming in a few days and hope to be home for that. In the meantime I was hoping this would be a decent thread. Started out OK but quickly went sideways - as have so many others.

I've had Stick on "Ignore" for years and only see what others quote. Threads would not go sideways nearly so fast if everyone would just quit responding to him.
I know, pissing in the wind...

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I remember shooting an elk many years ago with a 300 WinMag at 450 yards and thinking that was a fabulous shot at that distance.

Today I have sons that are shooting antelope and deer at 800 yards and 1100 yards. Tricked out rifles, range finders, improved/designed calibers for long distance, and fabulous scopes and ballistic programs coupled with chronographs for actual performance have changed the scenery big time.

I have some of the above tools but not all and after practicing and practicing I'm thinking that I could be dangerous in the 700-800 yard range. Not lethal .....just dangerous.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Best thing I ever did was put Stick on ignore... He is the only member I have done this to, and he will probably be the last... The fire is a joy, without his drivel...

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Just to get rid of the passport trash..

Molon Labe
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
[Linked Image]

Not much wrong with that photo

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was just shooting a Grock MOS 34 at 200yds+,minutes ago.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

i enjoy Big Stick`s post ,he has a way of making people look like a Butthead ! Stick does know alot about reloading ammo,many on 24 hr. campfire are keyboard shooters mostly.

Stick give it to`em !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Way over yonder!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's never been difficult to cypher...who shoots and who don't.

Hint........................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's never been difficult to cypher...who shoots and who just plinks at rocks.

Hint..............................

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You Whining Brokedick Clueless Fhuqks are a hoot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least Plagiarism is free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C'mon, Fug Stick, surely you have *piles* of trophies, all that shooting you do.

LOL, the kind of "shooting" you do is like jerking off and calling it sex. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
C'mon, Fug Stick, surely you have *piles* of trophies, all that shooting you do.

LOL, the kind of "shooting" you do is like jerking off and calling it sex. laugh

Pardon my horning you up,as you wax eloquent upon your Man Lust Fantasies. Hint. Congratulations?!?.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are the only one I've seen posting pantless pics. That's fuggin' gay!

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,653
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.