Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just have no desire to try to CC the FEG. I want something smaller and lighter.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've owned and shot Browning High Powers since the late 1980s, and have had three or four of them over those years. Today, I still have one, but never carry it, just because there are better designs for concealed carry. That said, I don't recall a single malfunction. FEG is another matter.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm not too worried about it. It's just a neat old gun that I enjoy shooting. I'd be much more concerned if I had to carry it on a regular basis.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All three of the jams were on the last round of the magazine, and the shell casing ended up facing backwards and was holding the slide open.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I just have no desire to try to CC the FEG. I want something smaller and lighter.

I get that, and I see no problem with it. I'm just curious about the problem with the FEG. I'm not accustomed to hearing of function problems with HPs or clones. I'd be wanting to get to the bottom of that if it was mine - even if just a range pistol.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Hi-Powers are cool.

To someone.

Yeah, just me and all those guys who won't sell their Silver/Chrome.

Like some other things, they need a little fixin to be really cool though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A light one. If it's heavy, they won't carry it.
Lets make it simple:

.380 = S&W M&P Shield EZ
9mm = Sig Sauer P365
.38 Special +P = S&W 337PD

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by memtb
My wife has small hands for a 5' 8" girl, i'll definitely take her with me, hope she chooses the P365, I wont let her choose a pos, even if she likes it, she may raise an eyebrow at me, that'll be just fine, she'll get over it, she's going to have to learn to run a "good dependable" CC piece.

Wow....did I drop the ball. The ladies options ....did not include a POS handgun! I failed to consider that, something like that “could” happen! blush memtb

LOL, no harm no foul memtb, I thought long and deep on every possible scenario in getting my wife rigged out with a good dependable handgun, i'll have gun guy Bud already schooled on what to put out on the counter for her to choose from, going to be G42, G43 and P365, even if her eyes light up at the pretty little chrome 22LR derringer laying there in the case with the hot pink grips! grin

Gunner500, Many years ago, in our CC training, my wife fell in love with a Springfield XD 40 S&W that someone else had. She got one, and quickly decided that it was too much for a purse or carry gun. It’s now her night stand gun. Anyway, I bought her a Kindle for her birthday soon after they got popular. After a week or so, she called me at work, asking if it would bother me “if” she returned the Kindle for a refund. She told me she had been researching CC handguns, and wanted the then new....Ruger LCP. A couple hundreds of rounds later....she was looking again! She did not like the “looong” heavyish trigger pull. This is on of the hazards of “NOT” having a gun store/rental/shooting range available. She discovered the Sig 938! It fast became her best friend. We even got the .22 RF conversion kit. Which saves money, great practice.....though we get an occasional “fail to feed”! Though, I understand that the “new and improved” Ruger LCP has a much better trigger!

To make a “very” long story shorter....Take a look at the Sig 938! Good Luck to You and Your Bride! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/17/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The 938 is about the same size as the 365with Less magazine capacity

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
My wife has small hands for a 5' 8" girl, i'll definitely take her with me, hope she chooses the P365, I wont let her choose a pos, even if she likes it, she may raise an eyebrow at me, that'll be just fine, she'll get over it, she's going to have to learn to run a "good dependable" CC piece.

Wow....did I drop the ball. The ladies options ....did not include a POS handgun! I failed to consider that, something like that “could” happen! blush memtb

LOL, no harm no foul memtb, I thought long and deep on every possible scenario in getting my wife rigged out with a good dependable handgun, i'll have gun guy Bud already schooled on what to put out on the counter for her to choose from, going to be G42, G43 and P365, even if her eyes light up at the pretty little chrome 22LR derringer laying there in the case with the hot pink grips! grin

Gunner500, Many years ago, in our CC training, my wife fell in love with a Springfield XD 40 S&W that someone else had. She got one, and quickly decided that it was too much for a purse or carry gun. It’s now her night stand gun. Anyway, I bought her a Kindle for her birthday soon after they got popular. After a week or so, she called me at work, asking if it would bother me “if” she returned the Kindle for a refund. She told me she had been researching CC handguns, and wanted the then new....Ruger LCP. A couple hundreds of rounds later....she was looking again! She did not like the “looong” heavyish trigger pull. This is on of the hazards of “NOT” having a gun store/rental/shooting range available. She discovered the Sig 938! It fast became her best friend. We even got the .22 RF conversion kit. Which saves money, great practice.....though we get an occasional “fail to feed”! Though, I understand that the “new and improved” Ruger LCP has a much better trigger!

To make a “very” long story shorter....Take a look at the Sig 938! Good Luck to You and Your Bride! memtb

Whewww, I figured this was going to be a deal, kinda like when I first met my wife, I ask her, do you see that big brown leather recliner sitting there? yes, she said, I then said, i'll sit in it [right there] till I fall through it, then throw it away and go buy a new one, I will at no point in the serviceable lifetime of that chair ever have the need/want/ or cause to have to want to rearrange/move it. grin

She agreed! ; ] and Thanks memtb, i'll get her rigged out with a good one.

Trump Won!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jwp475

The 938 is about the same size as the 365with Less magazine capacity

While it’s not a 1911 action....the wife prefers the trigger and safety! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Bikinitoboots

[quote=Cheyenne]

That is an interesting perspective. I don’t perceive that men use an aggregate of more force against women than against other men. Maybe I missed it. But, I do agree that men take women less seriously as an opponent, which could explain men in a force on force simulation committing quicker ("let's get this over with") and holding less in reserve in case something goes wrong.

What I do perceive are two things. First, men generally don’t want to lose to women, so they feel some compulsion to resist them to the max when challenged by women (e.g. female police officer making an arrest). It seems to be some mixture of cultural beliefs, ego and peer pressure. Second, predators looking for an easy meal tend to pick what they perceive to be the easiest targets, and women are perceived that way by many.

All of that kinda provides an edge to the woman who understands all that and knows what she is doing. Humans didn’t get to the top of the food chain by being the biggest, most powerful critters around, but by using intelligence, science and tools. In a non-police street encounter involving the risk of death or serious bodily injury, play to a man's beliefs, then, if warranted, surprise him with a couple of .380 rounds to the face followed by fight or flight. #shoothiminthelips
[/quote=Cheyenne]

The whole more aggressive towards females is just what you said as far as men hold less in reserve when they are up against women. A wolf doesn’t hesitate on a fawn like it would against a grizzly.
The whole point is to be trained and have access to your gun. Because in that risk of bodily injury or death situation, you have to be able to fight back enough to get to your gun to equalize the situation. Having it in your purse isn’t really going to help.

Is this nurse jacky everyone was tripping on there dicks over a few years back or is this houndgirls? Another one all the old pervs on here that were fawning over regardless learn how to ph ucking quote ph uck

Who TF cares? There's well thought info there.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I agree LD, if in fact that is a woman she needs to hang around, women talk amongst themselves more than we do, her spreading the word to others will only help them, women need to know this chit as well as we do, even more so in the thought that we as men can knock a sombitch stupid if they're close and buy several minutes if we need it, women cant do that.

Trump Won!
B
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Jes us H Christ is it too hard to quote someone right ph uck!

I’ve literallly replied 3-4 times on a forum in my life. I apologize if it was not up to your standard and I vow to try harder in the future.

Where'd yoga pants go?

[Linked Image]

To all, I’m not sure what kinda loser needs to spend their time on the internet creating fake accounts, but I’m not one. While I’m sure there aren’t many women that actually post and/or read on here, there are definitely some and they might appreciate hearing experiences from women that actually carry every single day and take carrying seriously........or maybe they would rather continue only hearing from middle-aged men pontificate about what a woman should or should not carry or should or should not shoot.

Btw. For people who measure their speed and accuracy, especially women or those with lower hand strength, double action only sucks.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
We don't need yer kind here! mad

LOL, just kidding. Welcome aboard. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, I like the new girl.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bikinibottoms,

Normally I would engage in an argument at this point but I have chosen to no longer fight and argue with people that share my interests.

Best of luck to you and your partner in the shooting community.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bikinibottoms,

Normally I would engage in an argument at this point but I have chosen to no longer fight and argue with people that share my interests.

Best of luck to you and your partner in the shooting community.

👍

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I’ve literallly replied 3-4 times on a forum in my life. I apologize if it was not up to your standard and I vow to try harder in the future.

Where'd yoga pants go?

[Linked Image]

To all, I’m not sure what kinda loser needs to spend their time on the internet creating fake accounts, but I’m not one. While I’m sure there aren’t many women that actually post and/or read on here, there are definitely some and they might appreciate hearing experiences from women that actually carry every single day and take carrying seriously........or maybe they would rather continue only hearing from middle-aged men pontificate about what a woman should or should not carry or should or should not shoot.

Btw. For people who measure their speed and accuracy, especially women or those with lower hand strength, double action only sucks.

Just don't go breaking their hearts, they still start crying when Houndgirl name is mentioned.. Hell half these boys ponied up cash so she could go buy a new pistol as well. LOL.......... Besides only thing my wife carries is a mother ph ucking frying pan!

Last edited by 79S; 03/18/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

Where'd yoga pants go?

[Linked Image]

Kill shot.

Ouch! laugh

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 15 invisible), 952 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.