Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Exactly. That's why I withhold further financial support. That is the only means I have to apply pressure.
Me too

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I continue to be amazed at the utter lack of any human limitation to justify poor judgement/behavior.
A great many of the posts bashing the NRA are clearly fabrications. Fiction.
There is nothing out there doing a better job of defending the 2nd Amendment, and informing us about attacks on the 2nd Amendment, than the NRA.
For those that think the NRA inefficient with spending, compare that to what they are up against.... our government.

As a final thought, it's darn difficult to win a game in which your opponent has made up all the rules.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I typed this in another thread and it bears repeating:

"Gun owners wouldn't be spitting on the NRA if they fought half as hard for the Second Amendment as the abortionists fight for abortion with NO LIMITS. Those baby-killers GOT abortion right up to birth and are fighting for post-birth abortion in the delivery room and they are winning. The equivalent for our side would be my ability to purchase ANY machinegun I can afford with NO LIMITS and the BATFE being told to f.uck off forever. Hell, the NRA couldn't get national concealed carry last year. I don't recall them kicking Chuck Grassley all over the Crapitol Building for sitting on that bill. Got it, folks???????"

What you didn’t consider in your assessment is, there are only 5 million NRA members backing the NRA and there many millions more fighting for women’s right to choose, not to mention government funded organizations promoting abortion.

https://www.google.com/search?q=org...;oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Now consider the NRA fighting against all the same kind of people as the abortion activists in the realm of support that they have combined...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...;oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

http://www.larrywillis.com/anti%20gun%20companies.html

Of course you won’t check out all the sources listed there because you are to busy bitching about the ineffectiveness of a small single organization that is fighting a huge battle with limited resources and a bunch of small minded gun owners that benefit from what the NRA has accomplished yet they won’t offer any support.

You guys need to get a better view of just how big that battle is against our gun rights and forget your petty differences with the only effective gun proponent that has any recognition on that battlefield...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel

"Gun owners wouldn't be spitting on the NRA if they fought half as hard for the Second Amendment as the abortionists fight for abortion with NO LIMITS. Those baby-killers GOT abortion right up to birth and are fighting for post-birth abortion in the delivery room and they are winning. The equivalent for our side would be my ability to purchase ANY machinegun I can afford with NO LIMITS and the BATFE being told to f.uck off forever. Hell, the NRA couldn't get national concealed carry last year. I don't recall them kicking Chuck Grassley all over the Crapitol Building for sitting on that bill. Got it, folks???????"

What you didn’t consider in your assessment is, there are only 5 million NRA members backing the NRA and there many millions more fighting for women’s right to choose, not to mention government funded organizations promoting abortion.

Now consider the NRA fighting against all the same kind of people as the abortion activists in the realm of support that they have combined...

Of course you won’t check out all the sources listed there because you are to busy bitching about the ineffectiveness of a small single organization that is fighting a huge battle with limited resources and a bunch of small minded gun owners that benefit from what the NRA has accomplished yet they won’t offer any support.

You guys need to get a better view of just how big that battle is against our gun rights and forget you petty differences with the only effective gun proponent that has any recognition on that battlefield...

HEAR, HEAR!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shrap, you are 100% correct in your assessment of the situation and how critical it is, IMO. But, I do not agree that NRA is the only effective way to do battle.

I want the NRA to be lean, mean, and show up with a coherent, consistent message and gameplan. In my opinion, they've been foundering and there's no excuse for it. They've spread themselves thin and embraced bloat. I think a major overhaul is in order, but I don't see the leadership being amenable to that idea.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shrap, you are 100% correct in your assessment of the situation and how critical it is, IMO. But, I do not agree that NRA is the only effective way to do battle.

I want the NRA to be lean, mean, and show up with a coherent, consistent message and gameplan. In my opinion, they've been foundering and there's no excuse for it. They've spread themselves thin and embraced bloat. I think a major overhaul is in order, but I don't see the leadership being amenable to that idea.

I didn't say the NRA is the only way, it is the only recognized with any clout. The NRA can only be fixed, (for the sake of argument, if it is really that far off course) from within, not from the outside heel nipping, whining masses that stand outside, looking in and benefiting from the work the NRA does accomplish...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you think that the courts and the legislatures are going to protect your second amendment, you’re kind of missing the point in the second amendment.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

You guys need to get a better view of just how big that battle is against our gun rights and forget you petty differences with the only effective gun proponent that has any recognition on that battlefield...

Thank you for your post.

It will all probably fall on deaf ears owned by those individuals who have all of the answers about what's wrong with the NRA, complete with a "rationale" as to why they won't donate. But many will continue to bitch about something they have no stake in using someone else's dollar to do it, and they expect only positive results by hollering outside on the street when the meeting goes on inside. I'm not happy with everything the NRA does either, but we still have 2nd Amendment gun rights due to the long-time efforts of the NRA, so I will continue to support them, warts and all. Granted, the true meaning of the 2nd has been diluted over the past 250 years, but that is not the fault of the NRA. To blame them for it all is truly short sighted and myopic at best.

Ask Bill Clinton if the NRA is be an effective force speaking for gun owners nationwide when he would have preferred to strip away all gun rights during his tenure in the White House. A midterm election, with a voting agenda largely pushed by the NRA, directed him to sit down and shut up. Without the NRA, the main topic on this forum would be what kind of rubber bands works best for a long range sling shot.

To quote Hasting at his best: Are you Wayne La Pierre? laugh laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Shrapnel: I will repeat (because I think it is worth repeating!) that without the National Rifle Association "we" would have lost our Second Amendment Rights LONG ago!
I to, am puzzled, at the heel nippers, naysayers, ignoramus's, cheap bastards and contraries who attempt to bash the National Rifle Association!
The National Rifle Association definitely IS the most "effective way to do battle" with the anti-Second Amendment" zealots!
PERFUCKINGIOD!
Long live the National Rifle Association - needed now, more than ever.
I will be at the upcoming National Rifle Association banquet in my area next month in fact!
Already have my ticket.
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
it still takes the NRA,GOA and others to keep the politians in line.i will dedefend my family as needed but this demo politians are nutts

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I didn't say the NRA is the only way, it is the only recognized with any clout. The NRA can only be fixed, (for the sake of argument, if it is really that far off course) from within, not from the outside heel nipping, whining masses that stand outside, looking in and benefiting from the work the NRA does accomplish...

I think every gun owner should carry some of the weight also, but I think they should support the organization they think represents their interests the best.

One of my major complaints against NRA is that even as a voting member, my influence is minimized by the by-laws and the Nominating Committee. I get to choose from among candidates selected by the committee only ( a write-in stands NO chance) and this committee therefore controls who may serve on the board. They have a stranglehold on the entire organization., and that's why reforms that need to be implemented won't take place.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the NRA is the best we have in protecting gun rights we're in trouble and laws passed the last couple of decades proves that to be correct.

Idaho Second Amendment Foundation has done well for us here in Idaho the last few years and I don't recall anything from the NRA outside of an email professing a win that they had nothing to do with.'
Fact is the ISAF is not a NRA fan, now why is that?

Worship on faithful followers, even as your savior compromises away your rights because it isn't the right time, or we might lose, or god forbid we don't have enough money.
What a load of rubbish.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 700LH
If the NRA is the best we have in protecting gun rights we're in trouble and laws passed the last couple of decades proves that to be correct.

Idaho Second Amendment Foundation has done well for us here in Idaho the last few years and I don't recall anything from the NRA outside of an email professing a win that they had nothing to do with.'

Worship on faithful followers, even as your savior compromises away your rights because it isn't the right time, or we might lose, or god forbid we don't have enough money.
What a load of rubbish.

I'm sure that you'll have an uncontrollable urge to blame someone, so please don't immediately jump up and loudly blame the NRA if/when (God forbid ) the liberals cause the 2nd Amendment to fall apart. Blame the efforts of those who you invested money (and time?) with.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover

What a load of rubbish.

I'm sure that you'll have an uncontrollable urge to blame someone, so please don't immediately jump up and loudly blame the NRA if/when (God forbid ) the liberals cause the 2nd Amendment to fall apart. Blame the efforts of those who you invested money (and time?) with.

I don't recall any NRA marches to the Capital in Boise for gun rights, but several with the ISAF.

I don't blame the NRA for what gun owners have let them do or not do I blame people that let their rights slip away and not even bother to vote much less march in the streets.
NRA was a marksmanship and training organization before and should have remained so, we need someone or something to light a fire under gun owners so hopefully they begin to care about their freedom.
NRA isn't getting that done and still won't with double the membership or donations, they gonna do what they do, and are gonna keep doing it nothing more or less, unless changes and attitudes at the top change

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I figure the NRA is like every other political lobbying organization in Washington, DC. Except they lobby for guns. To what degree do they play back door politics? Who really knows...They play games to generate cash flow/income for their bank account, sure they do.

It’s the NRA recognition that carries the weight of political influences, whatever that actually means, is up for debate. But it’s what you hear the Left screaming about on TV.

I just give the NRA money, same as I do for GOA, JPFO, and Oregon’s OFF group...It’s something and it’s a lot better than not doing anything. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I figure the NRA is like every other political lobbying organization in Washington, DC. Except they lobby for guns. To what degree do they play back door politics? Who really knows...They play games to generate cash flow/income for their bank account, sure they do.

It’s the NRA recognition that carries the weight of political influences, whatever that actually means, is up for debate. But it’s what you hear the Left screaming about on TV.

I just give the NRA money, same as I do for GOA, JPFO, and Oregon’s OFF group...It’s something and it’s a lot better than not doing anything. 😎

Very good post.

This discussion centers on the NRA, so that is the organization I've been supporting against largely non-member criticism. If you are truly involved in saving the 2nd, one belongs to far more than just the NRA. Whether they march or they don't is irrelevant in the bigger picture.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not bashing you but what has the money sent done for gun rights the last five years or so Oregon?
it isn't working.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not bashing you but what has the money sent done for gun rights the last five years or so Oregon?
it isn't working.
I agree with everything you've said. When it all comes down, the NRA really isn't to blame, it's the gun owners themselves. This should be one of the most hardcore pro-gun sites on the earth, but we can't even get everybody here to come out against Red Flag Laws, Universal Background Checks, Assault Rifle Bans, Bump Stock Bans, etc. If you could get most of these idiots on board, the NRA could be changed to the point that it was more effective and wasn't in agreement with a lot of these laws.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You can keep on whining, criticising and pontificating, the truth is you just don't get it. You people bitch about LaPierre making a bunch of money, and like a bunch of Democrats that don't like people making money, you continue to bitch.

Take a look at this picture, what don't you see?

You don't see K22 in that picture. He says he stands alone and fights for his beliefs. You can see how much help he is.

You don't see any GOA members with trump. They may have merit, I don't argue that, but they aren't in the picture.

You don't see Ethan Edwards with all of his answers in the picture, no one cares what he thinks.

You don't see a single Campfire whiner in that picture, because they don't contribute, they just nip at the heels of the NRA and NRA members while they bask in the warmth of the benefits the NRA produces.

The NRA is the recognized mouthpiece for gun owners rights in this country and that is why trump recognizes them and that is why the legislation brought up in Congress pays attention. Not whiners and other fringe groups, The NRA.

Get off your soap boxes and put your money where your mouth/keyboard is...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You can't even get all the yahoo's on here to agree that Constitutional Carry is good. It's a wonder we've got it in 16 states now.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (450yukon, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 21 invisible), 1,985 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,507
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.