Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
A
Alabama Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I’m curious why some liberal anti gun democrat has not presented the idea of a federal gun by back program. I as very conservative and pro 2a May not be opposed to such a plan.

My plan would be no strings attached by back of any firearm
Let start with. $200 for pistols. $300 for rifles 23 caliber and higher. Etc etc.

The plus’s would be it would get a lot of unwanted guns off the streets. It may pasify the anti gun folks and it may reduce crime some especially in the larger cites.

I’m sure there is plenty of cons.
Gun confiscation. Will make people want to steal more guns since they can resell to government. Cost to much money.

Who has any ideas? Pro or con. Something to discuss today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not interested in pacifying leftist anti-gun scum or negotiating any further with the enemy.

I agree with the sentiments of the late Mike Vanderboegh, "Leave us alone and we won't kill you." mad

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The plus’s would be it would get a lot of unwanted guns off the streets. It may pasify the anti gun folks and it may reduce crime some especially in the larger cites.

Go F*ck Yourself!

1) nothing pacifies the left, only idiots and dumb f*cks would even consider giving them an inch.

2) What is an unwanted gun on the street? Criminals do not turn in firearms for pennies, they buy purchase and sell them to other criminals, only an idiot would think criminals are going to partake in a buyback program.

3) You are a f*ck head.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That may be the dumbest post,--- maybe ever!!

Last edited by TBREW401; 03/20/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A buy back program likely wouldn't remove a single gun from the street. They'd only get guns from people who know nothing about them, have inherited them, or have junk guns that aren't worth what the buy back pays. Potential criminals want to obtain more guns, not give them up. I have an old Iver Johnson .38 that's beyond repair. I'd give it up for $200 ANY day.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by steve4102

Go F*ck Yourself!

1) nothing pacifies the left, only idiots and dumb f*cks would even consider giving them an inch.

2) What is an unwanted gun on the street? Criminals do not turn in firearms for pennies, they buy purchase and sell them to other criminals, only an idiot would think criminals are going to partake in a buyback program.

3) You are a f*ck head.

Ain’t that the truth. He must have us confused with Democrat Underground.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd pull out your back peddling shoes PDQ!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alabama
I’m curious why some liberal anti gun democrat has not presented the idea of a federal gun by back program. I as very conservative and pro 2a May not be opposed to such a plan.

My plan would be no strings attached by back of any firearm
Let start with. $200 for pistols. $300 for rifles 23 caliber and higher. Etc etc.

I’m sure there is plenty of cons.
Gun confiscation. Will make people want to steal more guns since they can resell to government. Cost to much money.

Who has any ideas? Pro or con. Something to discuss today.

Where would the money come from?
Why do you believe it would pacify the left? What is that based on?
What data have you researched that leads you to believe it would reduce crime?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy back programs are good for only one thing. It's a way for criminals to fence stolen guns with no questions asked.
Only a liberal or Idiot (redundant I know) would support such a program.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm going to take a $400 pistol, a $900 rifle and "sell" them for half? How much for a pointy knife?

If you really want to "save" people how about getting cars off the roads? Start with any that have the capacity to go over 120 mph, over 400 hp. and then whittle more as you go.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Call it cash for junkers?

I'll buy 50 Heritage revolvers or cheap junk rifles, cash them in and use the profit to buy another real gun.

Oh, one small caveat, where is the funding coming from? Schumers paycheck? Lol. Doubt it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just when you think you have seen the stupidest post on the internet, something like this comes along.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Alabama

My plan would be.....

I'm glad you asked that question. Let me tell you about my plan. No, seriously......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
When there was a gun buyback here a few years ago, I went. Knowing what the gov't was paying these fools for guns, I talked to people in line and offered them $25 more than what thy were gunna get. Win win and got me a few rifles.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
A
Alabama Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
From the posts so far and re-reading my post I worded it wrong. I was in discussion with someone at work yesterday about gun control and this was brought up.

You have to know the enemies plan and plan as they do in order to defeat said plan. The buy back program is coming. It’s already been done in several countries and it wouldn’t be unconstitutional.

You have to have knowledge in order to defeat the opposition. The “come get my gun if you can “ won’t work forever.

So, sit back and make fun of forward thinking thoughts if you want.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, seriously, let me tell you about my plan, it's brilliant......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Orange Diablo, you are a man with absolutely wonderful instincts. Alabama dude, you have shot your wad and all your credibility in one f**king post. It has to be a new world's record, Paddler will piss his pants with envy. This early in the morning and I'm all ready laughing uncontrollably. JFC where do turds like you come from ,surely not out of a human anal orfice. bye dude

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These gun "buy back" programs disarm the sheep, not the wolves.

And even the name is ridiculous. You cannot "buy back" something you did not sell in the first place. The very name reveals that the politicians believe they own the guns, not the people.. That alone ought to tell you their real agenda - to be invincible as your overlords.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it ever reaches the point that I can't keep my guns, I won't sell them or turn them in. I'll make sure that such a government that exits at that time will have to wonder where they are.
Maybe they will reappear in a time of need.
Knowledge will not defeat anything, knowledge is only a excuse to surrender.
Willpower and raw force will get the job done.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.