Weights at work gym
Weights at the local gym
Assault treadmill: 30minutes
Stairmaster: 15minutes

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Last few days, intensive hand/arm/shoulders/upper back jungle gym... walked 5 miles late today.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Strength yesterday AM - squats, bench, BB row, weighted dips. PM - 45min on dreadmill at incline with pack & boots.
This morning - 45min on bike.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am 61 and have always stayed fit. Injuries these days make me become a little more creative about it.
I do alot of horse riding, chores for a.m to p.m., and believe it or not...inline skating when weather permits. I am rural and seldom go to town. Gotta stay fit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not sure when I first heard "use it or lose it" but it is certainly the gospel when it comes to aging and fitness!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Finally the snow has melted enough for me to hop on my road bicycle!

Rode 20 miles on my first ride of the year a couple of days ago, and 32 today! smile Hoping to manage 63 miles on my 63rd birthday in May! smile

I've snowshoe-hiked and lifted all winter, but took six months off the bicycle. Feel surprisingly good on the bike, the 32 miles this morning left me "pleasantly tired." I think that's good. I could have gone 50 or so, but... I think that might have been counter-productive.

Feeling good. I can't run worth a hoot anymore, but I can ride, hike & cross-country ski just fine.

Guy

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'm not sure when I first heard "use it or lose it" but it is certainly the gospel when it comes to aging and fitness!

They lied....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 miles with Tiny Elvis- the snow packed trails are becoming less snow packed in some areas w/ temps above freezing in the afternoon

Last edited by mtwarden; 03/19/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Frenchy....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cascade
Finally the snow has melted enough for me to hop on my road bicycle!

Rode 20 miles on my first ride of the year a couple of days ago, and 32 today! smile Hoping to manage 63 miles on my 63rd birthday in May! smile

I've snowshoe-hiked and lifted all winter, but took six months off the bicycle. Feel surprisingly good on the bike, the 32 miles this morning left me "pleasantly tired." I think that's good. I could have gone 50 or so, but... I think that might have been counter-productive.

Feeling good. I can't run worth a hoot anymore, but I can ride, hike & cross-country ski just fine.

Guy

I got really obsessed my first year-plus of cycling and for a couple months there one fall I was riding 50 miles every other day like clockwork. I came to see it as perhaps not a completely healthy thing to do, plus, my contact points really start to bark at me around 40 miles, also like clockwork, haha... anyway my riding buddy and I have settled on 25-30 miles as pretty much ideal for us. At least around my AO I can put together a pretty fierce 30-miler, tons of big hills, so I get off the bike plenty tired! But I agree, it's a great, invigorating kind of tired

Putting in huge days at the jungle gym. I'm up against a hard deadline- my wife's spring break- so I'm pushing about as hard as I can to finish this run of product. My hands and arms are deeply tired. We are going to go to Utah and camp and screw around.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really tweaked my lower back this AM during squat warm ups. Started to try to work thru it and decided best idea was to bag it for the day. Motrin & plastered "Toasty Toes" on my back for heat to get thru the work day.

Good news - new mtn bike to be delivered tomorrow.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jeff - ya we have hills here in central Washington. smile

Since this was the second ride of the year for me I chose a fairly level route along the Columbia River, but... in short order I'll be tossing in some brutal hills. Sigh... smile

My riding partner wants to do a Century on June 1st... I dunno, I'm 30 years older, and I've done century rides. We have different enthusiasm levels for that particular ride...

Guy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott
Really tweaked my lower back this AM during squat warm ups.

"I feel your pain." Just getting over a tweaked hamstring, no fun at all. Was able to do RDLs for the first time in a month yesterday. But, better to tweak 'em now than later on, during the season with a pack on your back.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cascade
Jeff - ya we have hills here in central Washington. smile

Since this was the second ride of the year for me I chose a fairly level route along the Columbia River, but... in short order I'll be tossing in some brutal hills. Sigh... smile

My riding partner wants to do a Century on June 1st... I dunno, I'm 30 years older, and I've done century rides. We have different enthusiasm levels for that particular ride...

Guy

I've only done one century ride... from here up to Corvallis and back, on the side roads, basically. I'm with ya there, not my favorite thing. Like I say my contact points (butt, hands, feet) start barking in various degrees right around 40 miles which turns the experience into one of suffering tolerance as much as endurance. I particularly don't like what starts to happen with my left hand- numbness that can linger. So, we go for more like 30's now and make them spicy. smile

We also do the "ride your age" thing. It gets harder every year. smile

The Coast Range and the eastern foothills of the CR out west of Eugene and Junction City are a smorgasbord of pastoral rural rides with all the hills you could possible want. I have a favorite route from my house and back that comes in around 26.5 miles; the heart of the ride is a there-and-back of a 7-mile long road called Butler. Butler is all hills. You are either climbing big steep hills or blazing down them. It's pretty much perfect.

Pretty stoked at the possibilities for my new mountain bike. If nothing else- no cars! Like THAT.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Beautiful outside here today. Loaded my Mystery Ranch Mule up and took the dogs for a couple hour walk. New rower showed up, so I put it together and rowed. Good sweat from that. Feeling worked, but good. Might do a 10-15 minute HIIT work out later tonight with my sandbag just to help me sleep better tonight.Wish I lived where there were mountains to climb everyday instead of having to drive to where there are mountains to climb every Fall.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
5 miles on snowy trails with Tiny Elvis- gorgeous here too- upper 30's with brilliant sunshine- perfect!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mtwarden
5 miles on snowy trails with Tiny Elvis- gorgeous here too- upper 30's with brilliant sunshine- perfect!

That's pretty cool, and we still have snow up higher as well... But the bicycle bug has bitten me... So I rode another 32 miles today! smile

Guy

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
you guys will probably end up giving me the bike bug smile

felt good this morning and headed to the gym and decided I felt so good I would do my high volume workout instead of the recovery one whistle
made it through, but I was struggling breathing- took longer than it should of for sure

for time:
squats @ bodyweight 10/9/8/7.......2/1, bench @ bodyweight 10/9/8/7.......2/1, pull-ups 10/9/8/7....../2/1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The bike bug is a pretty awesome bug to catch if you are needing to manage or avoid impact; doesn't seem to be an issue for you Mike but yes, I think you'll love it someday. It's FUN. smile

I'm comfortable posting a pic of this part of what I'm making since these are not parts that are identifiable. Sorry, too much hating going on up top of the Fire for me to post pics of what amounts to my downstream customer's product. Anyway, those are 18" bars of 1-3/4" round T303 stainless. I make them into the shafts in the foreground. To date I've made well over 100 of these shafts. Not sure what they weigh but it's significant to the hands/arms, however, MUCH lighter and easier to physically handle than a couple of the other parts.

1/4 of the way into 2019 I'm on track to top 6 figures income out here, which was the "potential" with this dealio but it's nice to see it play out. On the flip side it's eating me up. Still trying to achieve a life balance that will work for the next decade-plus.

Shaft work is the purest work on a lathe, and lathes are the purest machine tool (because by their nature they try for perfection, you just gotta let 'em, which unfortunately ain't as easy as that, but point being the machine wants to make true circles) so this stage of these assemblies at least has the potential for some zen.

We are going on a camping road trip next week to Utah and I told my wife I'm gonna wear big oven mitts and just rest my hands for a week. smile

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've got a pretty nice hardtail (decent forks front) 27.5", need to get out it more- it's been over a year

6 miles on snowy trails w/ Tiny E- about half nicely packed, the other half slushy

Page 19 of 87 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 62 invisible), 2,755 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,311
Posts18,487,258
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.