-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
L
I agree with you Sanlen, once you are saved there is no way you can lose your salvation. As for sin, we sin everyday, we go to the table to take communion and thank God for forgiving our sin. Once you are saved your past present and future sins are forgiven by Gods grace and mercy. We are cleansed in the blood of Christ and we are white as snow. If it were not for a loving God we would be toast because that is what we deserve so be thankful that you were born in the age of grace for he will never leave us.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Tho you give no amen to the Word preached on this thread

Jim be reminded of this reply:
SO each of us should listen moment to moment to the Holy Spirit who dwells in we who believe...and obey by faith.
Our initial salvation takes us thru the door..but that isn't the end all for Christ's purpose for us in this life.

Jim, I couldn't agree with you more.

Do you need an actual "amen" over a "I couldn't agree with you more" ?

As for your other posts, I don't always fully understand where you are coming from or heading for to agree or disagree with peace of mind.

nor indicate your personal steadfastness in faith here..
I believe I somewhat started this all off by proclaiming I put a lot of faith in faith. I also believe (that's faith working on the inside) that I do so steadfastly and since I'm the one doing it, also personally.

We may not be reading from the same forum.....or something.

Paul's words are true. It particularly helps when you maintain the context by considering the audience they were originally written to. Then their meaning is not only true, but also useful.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
RickyD, Thanks.
Then we are clear and we understand at least f some of how each hears the word and believes.Amen.Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Luv to shoot...OK..

Read this and see the IF -Then conditions we are plainly given which by true faith we observe....That is our security.Faith that works and is real. Jim

Rom 8:1

[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think I know what you thought I thought I was thinking, but I'm not sure if what you thought I was thinking was what I was thinking or just what I thought you thought I thought you were thinking . . . . . . . . . . . I think. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sanlen, now that I've dealt with the typo VS 25 rather than 24
( tho my post, IF you'd read it would have made that clear) and corrected it...it is apparent to me that you are a hard person
( brother) for me to communicate with.
You tell me earlier on another thread that you need some explanations of the many plain scriptures I've posted in other posts..

Then, when I offer some exegesis, you apparently gloss over them entirely.
I think you need to throw out your Schofield version with all the notes in the margins and read the word.

Now I'll tell it to you or whomever wonders where I'm coming from in Christ just the strait and skinny on your so called irrevocable eternal security.WHAT YOU COME ACROSS AS BELIEVING IS A LIE OF SATAN AND A BAD ONE..DAMAGING AND PERIOUS FOR YOU AND FOR ANY WHO HEAR AND GET SUCKED INTO IT.

Our salvation in Christ IS conditional.

Do you have to be so insulting? Or perhaps you take what I say as insulting, I don't know. In any event, Jim, I simply took you at your word. No glossing over, just reading what you said. No reading your mind, just reading what you said.

But I do thank you that you did FINALLY came out and say what you believe. You did not just quote 4000 verses that mean something different to me than they do to you without saying what you believe about them, but actually said what YOU think. As I said, we do not agree on this. I don't recall insulting your beliefs, though. I simply tell you that I believe you are wrong, and why.

By the way, I do not use Schofield. I find too many disagreements with his notes and what I see in the Bible. I also find too many people who just accept what he wrote as "gospel" because it is actually printed on a page, and won't question it. Personally, I find some fault, either small or perhaps larger on up to about half of his notes.

In your post you drive hard on faith, as is good, but you still seem to think that faith is something we come up with, when in fact Ephesians tells us it is the gift of God. Even that faith you say, and rightly, is so necessary for salvation is in fact the gift of God. This includes the faith to believe. This includes faith that Christ can save. This includes all the faith we have. The evidense of things unseen, the substance of things hoped for. Faith is the gift of God alone.

What you may mean is trust. We have to learn to trust Him. We look back on the trials and perils that He has brought us through and learn to trust Him. We grow in that trust on an individual basis. Some come to trust Him more easily and quickly than other. Some develop trust slower, but more deeply than others. Some can step out on faith for their careers because they have learned to trust Him. Some can by faith believe that they can pray in the food for the next month when things are scant because they have learned to trust Him. Others, Christians though they may be and just as bond for heaven as if they were already there, have never learned to trust Him in that way.

Oh, by faith they have trusted Him for salvation, but that is trust in the unseen. Their jobs are in the here and now, and they have not learned to trust Him for the tangible. The food on their table is something they can see and feel. Some have more trouble than others in trusting the invisible God for what they can see. It is just the difference in people. Often these must be brought low and at the end of their rope before, as Jonah, they at last out of desperation cry out that their salvation IN THAT EARTHLY PROBLEM is of the Lord. They can only learn in that way. After that then they can remember how He brought them through and at last trust and lean on Him.

Some have difficulty ever relying on Him for their physical needs. They worry and fret so much that they have to have their hands in the mix. Trusting God and relying on Him to provide is just more trust than they have the ability to muster. Is that worry sin? Some would certainly say so, and I must say I am one of them, but I also can see the differences in people, and how they learn. I'm sure God can see people's needs far better than I can.

Others, and perhaps you are one, can read His request (some would say command) to us in the Bible to lean on Him and can do so. They trust Him, or at least step out with their big toe, and if it doesn't get cut off, trust Him for more, maybe a second toe, until they have their whole foot out there.

What I am saying is that you are applying your individual ability to the whole of humanity, and God does not, I do not believe. Give people a chance to be themselves. Try to realize that everybody is not the same. Some people have 20-20 vision, but some need glasses to read. Some can run at over 20 miles an hour, while others need canes just to walk. Is it so hard to see that some need help to trust?

The words of Christ are filled with examples of Him helping people to trust. Should we not reach out to those we know who have trouble in this also, just as we help those who are blind, or lame, or otherwise handicapped? I firmly believe so.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Luv to shoot...OK..

Read this and see the IF -Then conditions we are plainly given which by true faith we observe....That is our security.Faith that works and is real. Jim

Jim,

Don't cherry pic, now. Don't forget other verses, such as:

Romans 7
"15 For that which I do, I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. Gal. 5.17

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 � I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

and:

1st John 3
"4 � Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; Joh. 1.29 and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

and:

1st John 2

"18 � Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

And certainly:

1st John 1

"1 That which was from the beginning, Joh. 1.1 which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, Joh. 1.14 and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3 that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

God Is Light
5 � This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Sin, Its Reality and Remedy
8 � If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

The old man is still here with us, my friend. The flesh sins, but with our hearts we strive for God. So it is no more we that sin, but the sin that has cursed this flesh of ours. Our souls have immortal life, sealed with the Holy Ghost. That is the promise of the Father. That is the gift of God through Christ. And one day He shall raise these dry bones up incorruptible. As Job I shall stand upon the earth and see Him with my own eyes. On that day when salvation comes to my flesh at last, then I shall say in earnest, free at last, free at last, to God be all the glory!

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I think I know what you thought I thought I was thinking, but I'm not sure if what you thought I was thinking was what I was thinking or just what I thought you thought I thought you were thinking . . . . . . . . . . . I think. laugh
Exactly!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Sanlen
Luv to shoot...OK..

Jim,

Don't cherry pic, now. Don't forget other verses, such as:

Romans 7
"15 For that which I do, I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. Gal. 5.17

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 � I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

and:

1st John 3
"4 � Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; Joh. 1.29 and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

and:

1st John 2

"18 � Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

And certainly:

1st John 1

"1 That which was from the beginning, Joh. 1.1 which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, Joh. 1.14 and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3 that which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

God Is Light
5 � This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Sin, Its Reality and Remedy
8 � If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

The old man is still here with us, my friend. The flesh sins, but with our hearts we strive for God. So it is no more we that sin, but the sin that has cursed this flesh of ours. Our souls have immortal life, sealed with the Holy Ghost. That is the promise of the Father. That is the gift of God through Christ. And one day He shall raise these dry bones up incorruptible. As Job I shall stand upon the earth and see Him with my own eyes. On that day when salvation comes to my flesh at last, then I shall say in earnest, free at last, free at last, to God be all the glory!
Sanlen wins: most verses posted this thread: thread called on account of time (bedtime grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Me thinks we done got the ole' eternal salvation hoss saddled up again. As for me , I'm gonna ride 'em out.

As has been said before (or after), there's nada I can do to loose my salvation. I put lot's more faith in Gods' word than in mans' interpetation. Any time.........

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think the thread got started with someone getting kicked in the head by a horse, and now I'm wondering who it was. confused wink smile laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I think the thread got started with someone getting kicked in the head by a horse, and now I'm wondering who it was. confused wink smile laugh

I SO enjoy your humorous posts (and the others, too! laugh )). Don't stop! wink

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Shootist,
There may be a huge opportunity for you on the comedy channel or some stand up routine at a 'christian bar'...but you have contributed little of value to most discussions here lately.

Sanlen and others:

You just continue to believe that you as professing christians can continue in sin and that grace will abound..
You have Christian(diplomatic) immunity from continued sins.
(WRONG)

The very first RECORDED poor hearing of God's words were done by Eve in Genesis 3:3 BEFORE the fall.

Gen 3:3
But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

and then, knowing that he had a victim at hand to assist him in corrupting the plan of God, satan( serpent) twisted and contradicted the plain WORD of the Creator:

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

satan is still at it today..and so are folks who may have good intentions but ain't paying attention.

...ye shall not surely die...

Adam and Eve died INSTANTLY as sin causes death/separation between man and a Holy God who couldn't abide and countenance sin then and He doesn't NOW..

Unconfessed sin STILL separates even the professing Christian from God ( THIS IS THE DEATH PROMISED AND WARNED OF BY GOD TO ADAM & EVE) and NOW,

ONLY the acknowlegement of those sins by faith according to knowlege and bringing them under the blood of Christ can wash and bring forgiveness-cleansing and reconciliation to God..

IF once saved was always saved, then why does the Holy Ghost plead with the believer when he is contemplating going AGAIN into sin?

WHY does the Holy Ghost get grieved?

WHY does the Holy Ghost get quenched?

Paul's testiminy in Romans of 'who shall deliver me from this body of death' is NOT saying that our bodies are sin laden AFTER we have accepted Christ at all.

He is building his argument for the saving power of Christ..the New Life with it's accompanying power to reckon the old man dead to sin and ALIVE to Christ.
A change of masters for servants who once served sin and satan and under the old covenant were POWERLESS to be born again and truly change.
New covenant VS old covenant Jew.

Isn't our body the TEMPLE of the Holy Spirit?
I don't consider the NEW OWNER of my mortal body to be the one who promotes sin, carnality, nor failure to please God.
Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jio:

good grief, my friend, where do you get this stuff?

who here has advocated such that you accuse?

believers ARE allowed to have fun, you know, as long as it's not crude or blasphemous ...

everyone took ringman's story seriously enough, then started having fun with puns.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You just continue to believe that you as professing christians can continue in sin and that grace will abound..
For me that is not true. I'll not speak for others, but I believe that Christians living in known sin live separated from the blessings of God on this earth. I don't believe such sin annuls their salvation, but it severly limits their successful lives on this earth, and opens them up to the work of the enemy.

You, and those like you I have encountered, always take the low road in this kind of discussion. That road assumes the believer in the immutability of Christs sacrifice accepted, does so to continue in sin. That is rediculous. My belief in this concept comes to me two fold: first I firmly believe from my understanding of the scripture it is the obvious Truth, and second I have seen promoters of the other side of that coin use their doctrine to bind people to the law and strip them of their love for the Lord to leave them broken, jaded and ineffective since they can't live up to the law Christ came to deliver them from.

Liberty does not exist in the tyranny of religion but religion and legality injected into Christianity are inseparable.

As Sanlen mentioned, most of the verses you post to "prove" your positions or points, show me proof for mine. We understand the Bible differently. We have different perspectives. But to suggest our differences exist to promote or excuse sin is wrong. The avoidance and defeat of sin comes from Liberty one has when they know their salvation is secure. No need to look over their shoulder for missed hurdles in life. Eyes can be afixed to the Lord moving forward, ever pressing for the mark and the high prize the Spirit urges us toward. The Gospel can be reduced from pages of tennents to the practice of Love, and Christ fully found.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
RickyD,
'LOW ROAD APPROACH?
HARDLY.

I simply exhort any who PROFESS or use the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to be Born Again from above, walk in the Spirit.

Unconfessed sin grieves and quenches the Holy Spirit of God and separates any person from God so long as that person abides in that state, be he a former professor of Christ or one who has never heard of Christ.

Talk of loss of blessings is BS..It's far worse than that for those who have begun in Christ but choose to go back to wilful sin, unconfessed.

We don't interpret the word differently.We hear the word and allow the grace and power of God to abide in us...or we cling to our precious carnal doctrines.
Choose wisely.
What do verses 7&8 below say to you?They were written to Christians..

The wages of sin is still death...IF one neglects the Gift of God and doesn't exercise saving faith for His Life.

Gal 6:1
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Gal 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Gal 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

Gal 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

Gal 6:6 � Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Are there not conditional elements to the promises written below?
What ARE they and WHY are they important/?Rom 8:1
[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:12 � Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"That road assumes the believer in the immutability of Christs sacrifice accepted, does so to continue in sin."
amen, rd. that's plain ol' gnosticism.
again, jim, please lighten up. i just don't see anyone in this thread touting gnosticism.
where is your joy, my friend? in posting up other believers for having fun with their brothers and sisters? where in this thread is the temptation to sin for sport?
clue: it ... ain't ... there.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, Fish, I have overflowing joy in Christ and the salvation He has made me partaker of.

I have NO joy seeing or hearing of this "grace" turned into a tacit license to continue in sin for the professor of Christ as Savior, nor do I have any joy hearing brothers say plainly that they have no fear when they sin..or cognizance of sin's everlasting penalty.
They indicate that they don't worry about how such sin ....no matter how small or large, grieves Christ who loves us ..or how sin hinders and cripples the professing Body of Christ from doing much of anything that emulates Christ.
How PLAIN can this be made?Sin is the primary work of satan..Rebellion against God..that's sin after all .
Jesus Christ primary purpose in becoming the Word made flesh and finishing His mission was to destroy the works of satan.

1Jo 3:7
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:10 � In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I simply exhort any who PROFESS or use the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to be Born Again from above, walk in the Spirit.
Jim,
You don't exhort. You question the legitimacy of the salvation and walk, for any whose understanding is not congruent with yours. We have all read it over and over again. You can claim otherwise but my recollections would not bear it out.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ricky,
quote:
You questions the legitimacy of the salvation and walk, for any whose understanding is not congruent with yours. _______________________________________________________

wrong.
It is not 'my' understanding..it is the gospel and plain word and scriptures pertaining to our salvation, service and life in Christ in this life and for the next..

and NOWHERE have I suggested that ANY beliver be under the law wherein there was no hope.
Walking in the Spirit isn't hard or anything any man can do unaided..but it is requisite and by faith we can DO that.

The LAW still exists, but IN Christ we who walk in the Spirit fulfil it easily without burden because of our love for and obedient faith in Christ and our renewed mind and new heart.

IF the gospel can be made as simple as your one sentence implies, then WHY did the Holy Spirit move so many apostles and brethren to write so much else?

The battle for men's souls still rages..and satan already owns those outside the professing church..Guess where his primary focus is? Jim

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,862
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.