Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I see where cheerio's have the highest concentration of Glycophosfate.
Isn't that the same as Agent Orange?
General Mills claims that they are safe to eat.
What do y'all think?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I thought it was Roundup.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fubarguy
I see where cheerio's have the highest concentration of Glycophosfate.
Isn't that the same as Agent Orange?
General Mills claims that they are safe to eat.
What do y'all think?

Not even close.

To date there is no credible evidence that glyphosate is unsafe if used as directed.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

Btw, 2-4-D is still avail. I use it on certain broadleaf weeds that gly-4 is not controlling well. Gly-4 is more for grass (for my use)

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Any grain today will possibly show evidence of glyphosphate, due to use of Roundup-Ready products.

It is what it is. <shrugs>

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why eat a known poison if you can help it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

Btw, 2-4-D is still avail. I use it on certain broadleaf weeds that gly-4 is not controlling well. Gly-4 is more for grass (for my use)

No. Agent Orange is a 50/50 mixture of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D. The problems associated with Agent Orange were caused by the trace amounts of dioxin ( 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin) that were present in AO. 2,4,5-T is pretty nasty stuff too, and it has been largely phased out of use.

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Agent orange is a mixture of equal parts of 2-4-D and 2-4-5-T. They work entirely different than glypho.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No its not safe for an adult let alone our kids, its all around us up as they spray our newly planted forests of coniferous trees, to kill the light blocking deciduous trees, alls you can do is try to minimize the exposure.

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
No its not safe for an adult let alone our kids, its all around us up as they spray our newly planted forests of coniferous trees, to kill the light blocking deciduous trees, alls you can do is try to minimize the exposure, they spray roundup.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I love Cheerios.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

No. Agent Orange is a 50/50 mixture of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D. The problems associated with Agent Orange were caused by the trace amounts of dioxin ( 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin) that were present in AO. 2,4,5-T is pretty nasty stuff too, and it has been largely phased out of use.

Thanks for adding the other half of the product.

I was leaning more in general sense to help the OP differentiate the fact that roundup is not agent orange

If you want to post for me the fuggin Lewis structure, feel free to cock slap us all with the google fu discovery.

JFC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

I was leaning more in general sense to help the OP differentiate the fact that roundup is not agent orange

If you want to post for me the fuggin Lewis structure, feel free to cock slap us all with the google fu discovery.

JFC

Not google fu. BS Chemistry with minors in Math and Biochemistry, and a few years in the environmental testing and engineering business. Its not my fault you answered the question (very) inaccurately. BTW I was not the only one to correct you.

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It is probably present in Cheerios because there is an "oat safe" version of Roundup they spray to keep weeds out of the oat fields. It's just as likely to be in your oatmeal for the same reason. But the amounts found there are truly infinitesimal. There are traces of arsenic in almost everything we eat too, you know. Not to mention growth hormones and antibiotics in eggs, meat, and milk. Big whoopee.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
For what it's worth, I've been eating Cheerios for close to 60 years. My blood chemistry is right down the middle of the normal range. I don't take any prescription medicine. I had my prostate removed because of cancer but my Dad had prostate cancer too, and I don't know that he ever ate a Cheerio other than to see what it tasted like.

Whether Cheerios are the same as they were when I started eating them I have no idea. I don't seem to have come to any harm from eating them for breakfast every day I'm home.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

JFC

Not google fu. BS Chemistry with minors in Math and Biochemistry, and a few years in the environmental testing and engineering business. Its not my fault you answered the question (very) inaccurately. BTW I was not the only one to correct you.

We are blessed to have you. I would disagree that what I was posted was "(very) inaccurate"

It was incomplete, I will admit that.

But cheerios is NOT sprayed with agent orange per the OP.

If you want to hijack this thread and make it about your college accomplishments, then by all means. Tell us more.

I'm on the edge of my seat. laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

JFC

We are blessed to have you. I would disagree that what I was posted was "(very) inaccurate"

It was incomplete, I will admit that.

But cheerios is NOT sprayed with agent orange per the OP.

If you want to hijack this thread and make it about your college accomplishments, then by all means. Tell us more.

I'm on the edge of my seat. laugh

Nope. I'll leave the running off the rails to you.

=====================
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Again, I had no idea of your prowess. Please, from now on don't hide it under a bushel.

All I ever see you post is copy/n-paste new snippets from the google or yahoo so forgive my jump to assume that you borrowed your info.

Carry on Cap'N

grin

I'm gonna post up a rotten toenail thread later.πŸ‘

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Glyphos is roundup

Agent orange is 2,4,D

Wrong. Agent Orange is 2-4-5 T

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (22250rem, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,252
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.