Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673
No its not safe for an adult let alone our kids, its all around us up as they spray our newly planted forests of coniferous trees, to kill the light blocking deciduous trees, alls you can do is try to minimize the exposure, they spray roundup.

Quoting yourself is not the best way to try and make a point.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673
No its not safe for an adult let alone our kids, its all around us up as they spray our newly planted forests of coniferous trees, to kill the light blocking deciduous trees, alls you can do is try to minimize the exposure, they spray roundup.

Quoting yourself is not the best way to try and make a point.

I did that accidently, sorry meant to edit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There seems to be a few here that know their herbicide chemistry and a larger group that doesn't. Don't jump in the pool if you don't know how to swim.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use 2,4,D and Gly-4 herbacide twice a week during growing the season. I read the label and follow it.

I don't need to be a chemist or a pile-on internet smartass to make a general comments on it. Maybe some others should know the difference between a vagina, a donut and a cheerio before wading in.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You have a better chance on hitting the Powerball for $500 mil than being poisoned by the glyphosate in Cheerios. Actually, you probably have a better chance of hitiing it multiple times vs being poisoned by glyphosate. 🙄 Don’t believe everything you hear.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There are roundup ready varieties of most crops.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Far more people are killed by dihydrogen monoxide every day than killed by glyphosate every millennia.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If I have a choice, I will take food not contaminated with poison over food contaminated with poison every....single....time.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If I have a choice, I will take food not contaminated with poison over food contaminated with poison every....single....time.

Thats what I think too, it probably is harmless in small amounts, up here you can be in the middle of nowhere in the mountains somewhere and its used regularly in the bush, sometimes hunters are sprayed by aerial spraying.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 673
No its not safe for an adult let alone our kids, its all around us up as they spray our newly planted forests of coniferous trees, to kill the light blocking deciduous trees, alls you can do is try to minimize the exposure.

First, I would much rather eat food with a few parts per billion pesticide residue than starve. And tomorrow, half of the world's population would be dead if we discontinued use of pesticides today.

second, glyphosate is the most benign pesticide known to man. I would prefer to eat food with 100 parts/billion of Roundup vs 10 parts/billion 2-4D vs 1 part/billion Atrazine or Arsenic or Mercury.

There is more Mercury in almost every fish we eat than Round Up in the grains we consume. If there is a municipal water supply in this nation which is totally free of Arsenic, I certainly have never heard of it.

Most of the current rhetoric surrounding the dangers of Glyphosate is sourced from the same people who bring you man caused global warming and gun control. The discussion is all about redistribution of wealth and destruction of American Corporations

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny thing about herbicides relates to how they are registered and approved by EPA. The decision relates only to the chemical submitted for review by the manufacturer. The registration decision is not concerned with the fact that a product may morph into carcenogenic compounds as it degrades. One of the popular products creates a cascade of 11 such naughty children. If you're interested read the registration decisions.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Far more people are killed by dihydrogen monoxide every day than killed by glyphosate every millennia.

Damn stuff also sinks battleships !!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My problem with Cheerio’s is the more I eat the hungrier I get.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by skinner
My problem with Cheerio’s is the more I eat the hungrier I get.

That's cuz they make it in the same factory as Chinese food!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the current rhetoric surrounding the dangers of Glyphosate is sourced from the same people who bring you man caused global warming and gun control. The discussion is all about redistribution of wealth and destruction of American Corporations

The only place that I am seeing anything, is ads on TV by ambulance chasers working a class action law suit. Baiting people with "you may get money out of this." miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't speak to the reality of it, but Roundup seems a poor choice to spray trees with. It will kill some species if you use enough, but I think there are better products out there for trees. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Funny thing about herbicides relates to how they are registered and approved by EPA. The decision relates only to the chemical submitted for review by the manufacturer. The registration decision is not concerned with the fact that a product may morph into carcenogenic compounds as it degrades.

This statement is false. EPA absolutely looks at the metabolites occuring from degradation. That is why chemical companies have Environmental Fate groups - they study the breakdown of pesticide compounds and it ALL gets submitted in the pesticide package to EPA. I’ve been doing pesticide research for 31 years and would be willing to bet that if you have eaten in the last few days, you’ve eaten something that was sprayed with an insecticide I did the research on and helped develop. I can also tell you how we abandoned a herbicide in the research phase after 5 years and over $100 million because of EPA questions over a metabolite

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I take very little stock in public panic for profit like this Roundup hoax. I just enjoyed a large bowl of Cheerios for breakfast, and will continue to do so at regular intervals - completely unconcerned.

I also use Roundup, about a gallon a year in my yard. I thoroughly wash my hands after each use, but take no other extreme measures. I wouldn't drink the stuff, but it doesn't frighten me.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I like Cheerios swimming in half and half with copious amounts of white sugar. I believe all those ingredients will eventually kill you, but when I look at a salad, I realize I would rather be fat and live a few years less than live like a rabbit...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.