Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/03/22/looming-bump-stock-ban-blocked-by-federal-court-order

The U.S. 10th Circuit on Thursday issued a temporary stay of the pending federal bump stock ban set to take effect next week.

The stay comes in the case of Utah gun rights advocate W. Clark Aposhian, backed by the nonprofit New Civil Liberties Alliance, which takes issue with how government regulators moved to outlaw the devices last year. As such, it blocks enforcement, set to take effect on March 26, against Aposhian while his case is in the courts.

“Today the Court of Appeals told the ATF that it could not rush through the bump stock ban without meaningful judicial review,” said Caleb Kruckenberg, NCLA’s litigation counsel, in a statement to Guns.com. “The Court understands the stakes and is refusing to let an innocent owner be declared a felon, as scheduled.”

The lawsuit, filed in January in a Salt Lake City U.S. District Court, challenges the proper role of administrative agencies– such as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives– and whether their regulations may contradict a law passed by Congress, specifically the definition of a “machine gun” as set by lawmakers in 1934 and 1968. The case argues that ATF essentially rewrote the definition as set out by previous laws, something that was not in the agency’s power to do.

Complete story at the link.

Swifty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Due process at work?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good. I am not a fan of bump stocks, but the ban was just a knee jerk reaction, that should be suppressed. We shall see how it goes. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's the NRA in all this?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All part of the plan.

President Trump knew the ATF directive would be challenged in court and eventually lose.

Gun owners will get to keep their Plastic toys and the Trump Administration has one less political battle to contend with.

Right out of the Democrat play book. Legislate from the bench.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Statement from the NRA

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

From Outdoor Life,

The NRA on Oct. 5 called for a federal regulation outlawing the sale and possession of “bump stocks,” the device Las Vegas mass murderer Steve Paddock used to retrofit his weapons with rapid-fire capabilities, leaving 58 victims dead and more than 500 injured in just nine minutes Oct. 1 in Las Vegas.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/gun-news-bump-stocks-3-d-handguns-and-more

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
All part of the plan.

President Trump knew the ATF directive would be challenged in court and eventually lose.

Gun owners will get to keep their Plastic toys and the Trump Administration has one less political battle to contend with.

"Q"... Is that you?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by steve4102
All part of the plan.

"Q"... Is that you?

cool

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I am not a big fan of the bump stocks, its mainly a novelty, ... and because I can not afford the ammunition to shoot it.
The bump stock had problems at first and now that it seems no longer the case. So in effect a person now has a fully automatic firearm even though it's still a semi-automatic.
I myself, think the owners of the bump stocks should have to meet the same licensing requirements as if it were a fully automatic firearm.

BUT that still will not prevent some crazy person from shooting-up some place. Times have changed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks to Gun Owners of America.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

They're the folks who encouraged Trump to issue the order.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Occupying Slidefire's SHOT show booth, presumably.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
I am not a big fan of the bump stocks, its mainly a novelty, ... and because I can not afford the ammunition to shoot it.
The bump stock had problems at first and now that it seems no longer the case. So in effect a person now has a fully automatic firearm even though it's still a semi-automatic.
I myself, think the owners of the bump stocks should have to meet the same licensing requirements as if it were a fully automatic firearm.

BUT that still will not prevent some crazy person from shooting-up some place. Times have changed.

Nah. Bump stocks simulate full auto fire, but don't duplicate it. Much much harder to hold on target while operating a bump stock than with real full auto. It requires lots of conscious effort to sustain the effect, so focus on keeping the sights on target is mostly non-existent.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Do you tell people you’re pro gun?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Nah. Bump stocks simulate full auto fire, but don't duplicate it. Much much hard to hold on target while operating a bump stock than with real full auto. It requires lots of conscious effort to sustain the effect, so focus on keeping the sights on target is mostly non-existent.

Yep.

Slide fire is no where close to real fully auto fire.

That's why you see the guys using them shooting at lakes and hillsides, and seldom at targets.

A guy at our range has one. I like it when he shows up because he doesn't reload, but I can put more rounds on target in less time with my Geissele SG3 than he can with the bumpfire stock.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Swifty52
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/03/22/looming-bump-stock-ban-blocked-by-federal-court-order

The U.S. 10th Circuit on Thursday issued a temporary stay of the pending federal bump stock ban set to take effect next week.

The stay comes in the case of Utah gun rights advocate W. Clark Aposhian, backed by the nonprofit New Civil Liberties Alliance, which takes issue with how government regulators moved to outlaw the devices last year. As such, it blocks enforcement, set to take effect on March 26, against Aposhian while his case is in the courts.

“Today the Court of Appeals told the ATF that it could not rush through the bump stock ban without meaningful judicial review,” said Caleb Kruckenberg, NCLA’s litigation counsel, in a statement to Guns.com. “The Court understands the stakes and is refusing to let an innocent owner be declared a felon, as scheduled.”

The lawsuit, filed in January in a Salt Lake City U.S. District Court, challenges the proper role of administrative agencies– such as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives– and whether their regulations may contradict a law passed by Congress, specifically the definition of a “machine gun” as set by lawmakers in 1934 and 1968. The case argues that ATF essentially rewrote the definition as set out by previous laws, something that was not in the agency’s power to do.

Complete story at the link.

This is a huge win. It could be pretty important if we get a Dem president who try's out "reclassify" pistol braces, or green tip, etc.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/22/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like where their head was at in not making a felon out of a bumpstock owner. That's the root of all these gun control measures that we need them to understand. We can't go from honest law abiding citizens to felon because some azzhole in Washington signs us into prison.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I like where their head was at in not making a felon out of a bumpstock owner. That's the root of all these gun control measures that we need them to understand. We can't go from honest law abiding citizens to felon because some azzhole in Washington signs us into prison.

gooberment doesn't care if they make you an outlaw, just do as your told.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Fireball2

gooberment doesn't care if they make you an outlaw, just do as your told.

Normally I would be right there with you but isn't it refreshing to finally have someone stand up?

“The Court understands the stakes and is refusing to let an innocent owner be declared a felon, as scheduled.”

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Thanks to Gun Owners of America.

I need to join. They seem to be on top of every new 2nd Amendment encroachment.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,609 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,943
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.