Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Why has Trump today reversed sanctions on North Korea following his failed Summit Meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un?

President Trump said Friday he would reverse sanctions against North Korea that were recently announced by the Treasury Department, a surprise declaration that sparked confusion in Washington and raised fresh doubts about the White House’s policy process. Trump said that “it was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions” would be imposed in addition to “already existing Sanctions on North Korea.” “I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!” the president added.

In a brief statement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders attributed the decision to Trump’s relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
President Trump likes Chairman Kim (Little Rockey Man?) and he doesn’t think these sanctions will be necessary”.

Regardless of the target, it is remarkable that Trump would publicly rebuke an effort by his own Treasury Department to sanction a major U.S. adversary.
Trump has appeared more upbeat than members of his own administration and foreign policy experts about his ability to reach a deal with the elusive Kim.
Trump’s rationale for reversing the sanctions appeared to directly contradict his own national security adviser, John Bolton, who argued Thursday they were a significant step toward ensuring North Korea remains isolated over its nuclear ambitions.

The president’s surprise statement came weeks after the conclusion of his failed nuclear summit with Kim, which threw his attempt to broker a historic nuclear deal with the authoritarian head of state into doubt. In response to mounting evidence North Korea is rebuilding key missile sites, Trump said earlier this month he would be “very disappointed” in Kim if they were, in fact, being rebuilt, but added that “I don’t think I will be.”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How's your US Congresswoman from there doing today?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. I assume this is related to Trump's negotiating strategy with both NK and China.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
putting a carrot out, he knows what he's doing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Negotiations are an art of keeping all things on the table right up until the deal is signed. Nothing, and I mean nothing is set in stone in the middle of a negotiation if the party is any good at negotiations. A one who negotiated with Governments and large corporation for a living for over 40 years, everything is in play until the deal is final. It's a prudent position to take to continuously evaluate the opponent's responses to the flow of negotiations and adjust the relative importance of points based on that understanding. Things that weren't important may become more so, things that were may have been 'throw away' concessions.

The deal is done when it's done, period. Politicians are notoriously terrible negotiators with anyone but other politicians and Trump's business style of negotiations is great at keeping them off balance. Look how many times a ploy the Dems pulled in the election was supposed to 'be it' for Trump and look how he just shrugged them off. His negotiations may very well include ploys to look to be at odds with his staff or even a reversal at times. I've used hundreds of different gambits to move the negotiations to my desired objective.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
President Trump said Friday he would reverse sanctions against North Korea that were recently announced by the Treasury Department, a surprise declaration that sparked confusion in Washington and raised fresh doubts about the White House’s policy process. Trump said that “it was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions” would be imposed in addition to “already existing Sanctions on North Korea.” “I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!” the president added.

If I'm reading this right; everything stays the same; just no additional sanctions.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

^^^This^^^

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes, and if he gets another term you will be seeing products from North Korea on the shelves, it will be the next cheap labour source and new best friend.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Trump hasn’t filled me in on his strategy in this case but if he had, I couldn’t tell you😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104
Why has Trump today reversed sanctions on North Korea following his failed Summit Meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un?

In a brief statement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders attributed the decision to Trump’s relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
President Trump likes Chairman Kim (Little Rockey Man?) and he doesn’t think these sanctions will be necessary”.

Regardless of the target, it is remarkable that Trump would publicly rebuke an effort by his own Treasury Department to sanction a major U.S. adversary.
Trump has appeared more upbeat than members of his own administration and foreign policy experts about his ability to reach a deal with the elusive Kim.
Trump’s rationale for reversing the sanctions appeared to directly contradict his own national security adviser, John Bolton, who argued Thursday they were a significant step toward ensuring North Korea remains isolated over its nuclear ambitions.

The president’s surprise statement came weeks after the conclusion of his failed nuclear summit with Kim, which threw his attempt to broker a historic nuclear deal with the authoritarian head of state into doubt. In response to mounting evidence North Korea is rebuilding key missile sites, Trump said earlier this month he would be “very disappointed” in Kim if they were, in fact, being rebuilt, but added that “I don’t think I will be.”

This piece was obviously written by the fake media with an agenda to discredit the President. Full of red herrings.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So no more Made in China , but Made in N. Korea?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
How's your US Congresswoman from there doing today?

That should be racist, anti-semite Muzz congresswoman.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Short Version ^^^^^

Originally Posted by COSteve
Negotiations are an art of keeping all things on the table right up until the deal is signed. Nothing, and I mean nothing is set in stone in the middle of a negotiation if the party is any good at negotiations. A one who negotiated with Governments and large corporation for a living for over 40 years, everything is in play until the deal is final. It's a prudent position to take to continuously evaluate the opponent's responses to the flow of negotiations and adjust the relative importance of points based on that understanding. Things that weren't important may become more so, things that were may have been 'throw away' concessions.

The deal is done when it's done, period. Politicians are notoriously terrible negotiators with anyone but other politicians and Trump's business style of negotiations is great at keeping them off balance. Look how many times a ploy the Dems pulled in the election was supposed to 'be it' for Trump and look how he just shrugged them off. His negotiations may very well include ploys to look to be at odds with his staff or even a reversal at times. I've used hundreds of different gambits to move the negotiations to my desired objective.
Long Version ^^^^^

Only thing the swamp creatures know how to negotiate is getting re-elected. Trump has been negotiating for a living for 40+ years. He ain't perfect. But, if I had to put down money on one side or the other, my money would go with Trump.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a long list of people, both foreign and domestic, that I do not trust. The little NORK twerp is one of them. I hope this turns out good for us, and also for them, as it would benefit the NORK's to come out of their shell and join the rest of the world.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read that the sanctions mentioned by the Treasury Dept were against a Chinese shipping company, not N K. The Chinese were aiding NK in evading sanctions against their nuclear program.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quite honestly WGAF at this point.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by watch4bear

If I'm reading this right; everything stays the same; just no additional sanctions.

Now that doesn't make a good headline!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clinton ( either one) or Obama would have already sent pallets of cash. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Clinton ( either one) or Obama would have already sent pallets of OUR cash. Hasbeen

Yep.

It's for the children, don'tcha know?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (7mm_Loco, BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 7 invisible), 1,515 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,442
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.