Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I acquired a Colt pocket pistol in .380 and then got the new Rifleman that shows some are being made again in .32 for around $1300. Yowser, that is an amazing price. My original is not worth that much.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's amazing is that anybody reads the American Rifleman.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I must be the exception. Been reading it since I could read. Literally. That's about 40 years worth of it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I acquired a Colt pocket pistol in .380 and then got the new Rifleman that shows some are being made again in .32 for around $1300. Yowser, that is an amazing price. My original is not worth that much.

The new one isn’t worth 1300 either.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You a member? Asking for a friend

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

What’s amazing is your post.

“American Rifleman now has a circulation that ranks it among the nation’s Top 25 magazines, according to the Alliance for Audited Media, which tracks magazine circulation. American Rifleman now reaches an estimated 2.2 million readers after posting a 29.3 percent boost in circulation in the second half of 2013, according to a report from Ad Age.”

https://dailycaller.com/2014/02/07/nras-american-rifleman-circulation-now-among-magazines-top-25/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That 2.2 Million circulation is likely related more to NRA membership than to people who just want American Rifleman. In this case people receive it who don't necessarily read it. I never did.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
It's about the most boring gun mag out there. Am I the only one tired of the repetitious "Guns of Guadalcanal" "Guns of Iwo Jima" "Guns of the Battle of the Bulge" "Guns of Okinawa" "Guns of D-Day", ad nauseum. The answer to all of them is 1911, Garand, BAR, M1 Carbine.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That 2.2 Million circulation is likely related more to NRA membership than to people who just want American Rifleman. In this case people receive it who don't necessarily read it. I never did.

Blue, you have a choice, therefore they must have wanted the American Rifleman, if not hey could choose American Hunter.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker
It's about the most boring gun mag out there. Am I the only one tired of the repetitious "Guns of Guadalcanal" "Guns of Iwo Jima" "Guns of the Battle of the Bulge" "Guns of Okinawa" "Guns of D-Day", ad nauseum. The answer to all of them is 1911, Garand, BAR, M1 Carbine.

I remember The Guns of the Boxer Rebellion.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The American Rifleman is number 24 in magazine circulation and the American Hunter is number 81

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

The American Rifleman is number 24 in magazine circulation and the American Hunter is number 81
Which means nothing. How many people would subscribe to it if it was a stand-alone publication that they had to buy?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

Which means nothing. How many people would subscribe to it if it was a stand-alone publication that they had to buy?

It dam sure means that it has more circulation than any other firearms related magazine, period You can try and down play it all you want but facts are facts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another bold new gun from Colt.

As for American Rifleman, I don't even open up the e-mail telling me that the new edition is now online.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have an original Colt pocket pistol in .380 but when I seen the new one in .32 for near $1300 I choked. Not even made by Colt either. It takes 10 minutes to read the entire magazine. But then again all the rags I get only take a few minutes to toss in the recycle bin. You read about a gun with factory ammo and then a full page ad. It will be a cold day when I spend $4000 for a scope. It is true that factory ammo has improved but there is another cold day when I spend $2 a shot.
When will rags get back to helping shooters to load better?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I request that they don't send me either American rifleman or American hunter. Infact I told the NRA that they only way they're going to get more money from me is to

1 apologize for ever allowing juaqin Jackson to sit on the board of directors.

2 start playing dirty when it comes to anti gun politicians

3 stop supporting gun control measures period

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

You get it with membership and I will always support our second amendment. What the number of magazines just means there are many members. That is good my friends and the American Hunter is a choice too but the political magazine only speaks to us. No demoncrat will read any of it or think for themselves.
Even Handloader has gone to the dust on my floor since writers only advertise products. The thing is writers are given test guns and if they want to keep them they just pay the cost and millions of free rounds are given.
History of guns is interesting and even today guns from WWI can shoot as good as any. But we can't get them cheap anymore. I even acquired an original Mark I Ruger that cost a whopping $37.50 at the time. The target model was $57.50 and too expensive for me at the time.
I also got an Automag III in 9MM WW magnum, Just try to find load info for it. Would the Rifleman work with it? I only found the Taffin papers.
The little Browning .380 is like new and fun to shoot.

Attached Images
.380's.jpg (68.81 KB, 4 downloads)
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I find Colt’s deal with this company interesting from a couple of angles. First, let’s be clear: the whole idea is to produce a collector item. Second, Colt is right up front about the fact that they’re not made in-house. It’s a replica...sort of. It will be interesting to see how this whole endeavor flies. I wouldn’t be surprised if, given the odd arrangement with Colt and the fact that the whole deal won’t go on forever, they will appreciate in value on the collector market.

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

I must be the exception. Been reading it since I could read. Literally. That's about 40 years worth of it.

No you are not the exception, I read it every month and have for about 40 years.

NRA Patron
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (12344mag, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,094 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,846
Posts18,517,426
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.